MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
dead2writes
Rebel Without a Clause

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 Suzuki Boulevard M-50

Renegade Classics = Cool Dudes

I know there aren't that many cruiser riders on here - at least not many posting anyway - but I'm gonna go ahead and give Renegade Classics a bump.

I've been looking for a new leather jacket for a while now. I wanted to buy local because online sizing does not agree with me. I also wanted to walk out of the store with it instead of ordering, because impatience. And lastly, I didn't want to go to one of the Harley stores because I don't own a Harley and don't want to wear something with the emblem plastered on it.

I happened to randomly find these guys online. Nobody had anything to say about them and their website looks a little goofy but since they appear to be one of the only cruiser focused stores in town, I figured I'd give them a try. Also, the website gave me a 15% off coupon for signing up for the shop's newsletter.

Rode down today on my bike and was genuinely surprised by the selection of stuff they have. Like 20 different styles of leather jackets for men, saddlebags, hardware, helmets and pretty much anything else cruiser related.

Sales associate - can't remember his name, but the young guy - was super helpful. Knew everything there was to know about every product in there, told me about different leather weights and whatnot. Was really patient and took a bunch of stuff off the racks to show me.

As I was looking, the store owner (I think?) and a few regular hang-arounds filtered in. They were all older biker dudes but they were also all really nice. We shot the for a while and talked about his former career as a tour manager for Tim McGraw and some other major acts.

I ended up getting this jacket and a new DOT half helmet for like $280 total.

All in all, it was a really great experience and I fully intend to go back when I find some spare change to buy saddlebags for my bike.

So if you're looking for cruiser-related stuff, definitely check them out.

And now my good deed for the day is officially completed.
dead2writes is offline   Reply With Quote