MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2012, 09:49 PM   #61
seanpublic

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Rat View Post
Turned 43 this Summer and going faster than ever with less fanfare and effort. Speedoeffect your on your way at :40's at Houston. What u doing at TWS (Texas World Speedway)? I bet around :51's or better. Keep it up...that's a fantastic pace for endurance. If you get a chance to ride Hallett, take it...it's a blast.

Good luck guys....D. Desert Rats Racing #47
Yikes! That's fantastic pace period.
[- USBMOTORSPORTS -|- RaceworX -|- Blevins Paint & Body Shop -|- Dunlop -|- Ty Howard #35 -|- RideSmart -|- LSTD -|- TrackTactics -|- 212Decals.com -|- HighPerformanceCrew.com -]
seanpublic is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I love riding Bevo General Discussion (Moto Related) 42 04-05-2016 11:16 AM
What I really love about riding Squoddybody General Discussion (Moto Related) 38 06-20-2010 04:42 AM
When you made your street bike "TRACK ONLY" why did u buy track/race body work? cdill35 Taking it to the Track 51 10-17-2008 01:19 PM
track riding 954colombia Taking it to the Track 31 07-28-2007 10:06 AM
Race take off's used for street riding ??? Solracer How To's and Q & A's 7 07-28-2005 10:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #62
Fast Rat

did someone smack you on your ? That means your doing good, holding your line, and you can go faster by what I'm seeing.

BTW....guys, if you are trackdaying, great, but I hear lots of chatter about "fast times" etc....you can get a lap timer for under $100. If your goal is justto ride and survive th trackday, don't bother, but I'm always curious and the type of person to push. If that sounds like you, get on the CMRA website and look at the results page....time should be listed when you click on the endurance team or spint riders laps.

It's a good way to relieve yourself of excuses, as I know many of you have the ambition(and talent)...it's just a little bit of will and courage you may be missing.

Either way, come by Sat nights....at least I'll feed you a rocking fajita, homemade gauc and salsa...but bring your own beer...I'm stingy where that's concerned!

D.
Fast Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:20 AM   #63
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

I turn every race weekend into a mini vacation. I'm not the type to hang around the pits all night, but I do at Hallett cause it's sleepy town up there. It's always fun to catch up with fellow racers. but if given the choice, we go out and explore and cut loose.

As an example, Cresson. Drive out Thursday night. Dinner on the way. Granbury hotel pool till midnight. Whataburger with the locals at 2 AM. Up for the trackday on Friday. Ride all day till sunstroked and beat down. Pool dip. Dinner on town square 1st class, wine and kareoke at the wine bar, late night drinks at the dock dancing to a nice cover band, in bed by 4AM. Saturday endurance race on the 250. Done at 2PM. Try to get a top 5 finish and beat off the fatigue. Register for sunday sprints, tech the bike, back to the hotel around 5 for a cool down swim. Check out a local marina with burgers and bikinis. See a country band, get drunk enough to barely get Sid to his morning races. Watch the kid do better each time. Eat some tacos with a group of CMRA racers at Taco Del Norte that afternoon, head home. Something like that, shared with my son and good friends, is what the CMRA experience is about.

What did you do in one weekend?
Old 09-15-2012, 01:58 AM   #64
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
I turn every race weekend into a mini vacation. I'm not the type to hang around the pits all night, but I do at Hallett cause it's sleepy town up there. It's always fun to catch up with fellow racers. but if given the choice, we go out and explore and cut loose.

As an example, Cresson. Drive out Thursday night. Dinner on the way. Granbury hotel pool till midnight. Whataburger with the locals at 2 AM. Up for the trackday on Friday. Ride all day till sunstroked and beat down. Pool dip. Dinner on town square 1st class, wine and kareoke at the wine bar, late night drinks at the dock dancing to a nice cover band, in bed by 4AM. Saturday endurance race on the 250. Done at 2PM. Try to get a top 5 finish and beat off the fatigue. Register for sunday sprints, tech the bike, back to the hotel around 5 for a cool down swim. Check out a local marina with burgers and bikinis. See a country band, get drunk enough to barely get Sid to his morning races. Watch the kid do better each time. Eat some tacos with a group of CMRA racers at Taco Del Norte that afternoon, head home. Something like that, shared with my son and good friends, is what the CMRA experience is about.

What did you do in one weekend?

Bauwller
Old 09-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #65
seanpublic

Mmmm, Del Norte Tacos...
[- USBMOTORSPORTS -|- RaceworX -|- Blevins Paint & Body Shop -|- Dunlop -|- Ty Howard #35 -|- RideSmart -|- LSTD -|- TrackTactics -|- 212Decals.com -|- HighPerformanceCrew.com -]
Old 09-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #66
Ariel66

Great post and info here guys! I've been trying to make a decision on racing myself been track day riding for a few years which is like 10 roughly and have a decent level 3 pace, my deal is firstly the danger, not scared of getting hurt its my sucky insurance I have at work the deductible is outrageous and I don't think I could afford to be out of work for an injury, secondly is the traveling the closet track to me is MSRH and thats 3.5 hours, TWS (Texas World Speedway) 4.5 and so on, not really to worried about the traveling too much cause it is like a mini vacation. What sucks is I really love it and think I would like it and do pretty decent, I come from a background of car circle track racing and have raced cars for over 8 years so racing is in my blood. Having said that I would still love to grid up and give it a shot and just pray and hope for the best. Am I the only one who is worried about this?
Ariel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #67
seanpublic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel66 View Post
...my sucky insurance I have at work the deductible is outrageous and I don't think I could afford to be out of work for an injury...
Sounds like just riding track is a pretty risky proposition for you. Racing and track riding is definitely a luxury. It's one of a good time, but it's good to know when the risks out-weigh the rewards for you.

I'd suggest picking up helicopter insurance discussed here, if you continue even riding trackdays: http://www.cmraracing.com/ubbthreads...&Number=136214

There's also some sort of racer insurance that covers per weekend, but I've never looked into that.

I take it your company doesn't offer a long-term disability plan for a bit extra pre-tax?

Last edited by seanpublic; 09-16-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #68
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

I've thought about griding up many times.

Then I add up the cost and time investment..

But the true reason that has stopped me all these years?

The embarrasment of having to explain why this fat old man smoked all those pros.. the constant harrasment by large corporate sponsors wanting me to go over and be the Next Rossi.. oh, the trouble..

Just not worth it...
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #69
Zippy

Bike(s):
Duc 749S

Tell me that you you have no interest, tell me anything but lame excuses. If you love motorcycles and challenging yourself.....this is for you!

What's your excuses again?

Zippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #70
partido

Bike(s):
gsxr 7
600 sold

you wont be racing for last place, you would be suprised at how slow some people are out there. Don't forget If you are a CMRA member you get Track days for almost half price. I waited way too long. you are missing it!
CMRA #227

http://youtu.be/onXv_7iFrw8
partido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #71
Fastola
Banned

Bike(s):
06 CBR6er-street

User is banned

Fastola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #72
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post

The embarrasment of having to explain why this fat old man smoked all those pros.. the constant harrasment by large corporate sponsors wanting me to go over and be the Next Rossi.. oh, the trouble..

Just not worth it...

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #73
switch
two fifty

Experience: 4 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
Tell me that you you have no interest, tell me anything but lame excuses. If you love motorcycles and challenging yourself.....this is for you!

LEFT SIDE STORY English Ver - YouTube
that dude is truly awesome, thanks for sharing that vid.
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #74
Cethridge
Earth, Sky, Ambulance!

Bike(s):
SV650-Motard Fighter
Trek
46 Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy View Post

LEFT SIDE STORY English Ver - YouTube
: thumb::t humb:
Cethridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #75
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post

Just not worth it...
that was good!
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #76
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Rat View Post
you too po-po. Come out and see what it's about. See for yourself. Talk to the guys(and girls...did I mention the girls) and hang out....we all have similar interests, maybe just not the same goals.
It's racing. I've hung around enough trackdays, pre-cmra fridays, and drag strips to know what racing is about.

What I also know is that my laptimes make me a hazard to the front-runners. I feel it would be incredibly self-centered of me to get out there and knowingly make myself a rolling chicane for the front runners battling it out on the last lap (about when they'd catch me according to laptimes). A year from now if that's no longer the case, I'll look at racing again as I do want to try. I'm just not so puffed up with my own ego to up someone else's race weekend by trying it now.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:22 PM   #77
exalted512
Slow^^^

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via AIM to exalted512
just curious to what your lap times are?
-Cody
exalted512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #78
rc51eviltwin

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastola View Post
Whoa whoa whoa... From lstd only im guessing?
no,Ridesmart....
CMRA #131 Novice
"Ramrod Racing" #13

IMG 29388 1
rc51eviltwin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement