MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2007, 01:03 AM   #1
infidel
drpickles

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

rant on craigslist

Rant: To the morons I encounter everyday

Date: 2007-01-15, 5:46PM CST

To the morons I encounter everyday-

1. To the old lady in line in front of me at Target who smells like cat : Please don't pay for $25 worth of with a bag of change to only find out you're $2.55 short. Also, don't ask the cashier to re-count it. He already had more patience than I would have to count all those freaking pennies the first time around. How hard is it to go to the bank a block down the road to cash all of that in and pay with cash like normal people? I know they do it, I've seen it.

2. To the people at Rainbow who can't seem to figure out how to use the self checkouts: Jesus H. I've watched 7 year olds do it without any issues. Scan your , place it on the scale, and insert money. They even have directions in numerous places on how to use it.

3. The dude who absolutely has to do his scratch offs on the counter when he buys them at the gas station. Is your gambling addiction that bad that you can't get the **** out of the way and scratch them off? You lose twice if you win and ask for more, while holding up the line even longer.

4. The jackasses at the gas station that just walk in and hand the cashier $20 for gas regardless of the line. Yes I know it is a pain that you have to prepay for gas, but there's a simple concept called a line. Wait your turn.

5. To the fat women who can't control your kids in the grocery store: Control your kids for 's sake. I seriously question your parenting skills when your kids feel the need to chase around the entire store knocking off all over the place and running into my legs while you sit there and laugh your fat off.

6. To the people who bring their 2 year olds to nice resteraunts: I understand baby-sitters can be expensive and kids can be hard to handle sometimes, but don't bring screaming kids to a nice restrunt and just sit there while they pitch a fit. I would like to be able to finish my steak without rupturing my eardrums. Also, don't give me a look when I give you one. You know you're in the wrong.

7. Related to number 6, the people who bring their kids to rated R movies at 11pm. Myself and the 40 other people in the theater would like to enjoy the movie instead of listening to your kid scream. Take the little out of the theater. Why are they there in the first place? Most kids are put to bed before 10pm anyways. Get a babysitter you cheap ****. And again, don't get all pissy when people tell you to shut your kid up or give you bad looks.

8. To the dude who lives on the other side of my duplex: Quit being a . You can do some of the yard work and snow shoveling as well. Also, get your washing machine fixed. It sounds like you're working on a tank in the basement. If you don't wanna get it fixed, at least stop washing your clothes at 5am. The ****ing floor shakes. If you continue, I'll start drumming at 2am or blast the loudest, most foul death metal I own until you stop.

The next time you lock me outside, I'll in a box and mail it to you. If you hear me go outside (there's no way you can't) and see me in the backyard, don't shut and lock the door.

Please stop telling my friends that I'm not home when they knock on the door. I'm ****ing here, or they wouldn't be coming over. It isn't like I can't hear you talking to them before I open my door. I'll tell your pot dealer the next time he knocks that you don't live here anymore.

Stop opening my mail if you accidentally get it. How hard is it to read a label?

Clean out your cat's litter box. I can smell that from the hallway. On that thought, what in the are you cooking over there? It smells like burnt Indian food.

Quit accusing me of ****ing up your computer to our landlord. Do you seriously believe I broke into your side of the house, ran upstairs, turned on your computer, and screwed up all of your passwords all in a period of 2 minutes while you were in the basement? Jesus Christ. Ray Charles could see through that . Grow the **** up, you're like 55.

9. To the who keep trying to break into my garage: **** you. There isn't anything of interest in there anyway, unless you want a shovel or a rake. Get a job like normal people. I hope someone shoots you when you break into the wrong garage or house. If you feel the need to steal something out of there, take my neighbors . His stuff is on the left side of the garage.

10. To the high schooler douche bags who drive like on the highway: Your rice burner looks like , at least paint your mod parts when you put them on your car. Please stop riding my when I'm already going 85mph, I'll just go slower when you pull that . I hope you crash into a retaining wall.

11. To the bible thumpers who harass people outside of metal concerts: Go do something productive, like volunteering at a food shelter. No one there wants to hear you drone on about how we're all going to for listening to metal. You're just making normal Christians look bad. I'll steal your bible next time and carve satanic symbols into it.

12. To the ****tards that beat your wives/girlfriends: Its painfully obvious when you're walking around a store with a girl who has 2 black eyes while you yell at her for everything she puts in the cart. You'll get your turn one day.

13. To the group home for slutty teen girls that is across the alley from my house: Stop parking your huge vans in front of my driveway. It takes me 10 minutes to try and back my car out without hitting something. Also, quit blocking the alley with said vans. Other people need to use the ****ing road.

14. To the jackasses with large vehicles/SUV's: There is enough room in a parking space to place your vehicle without putting it 2 inches from my door. I'll key your truck the next time I have to crawl into my car from the passenger side.

15. To the people who stop in the middle of the road in front of Target to let your wives/girlfriends into the car. Its a nice thing to do, but if you have 2 carts worth of to load up, do it without stopping traffic.

16. To the people who don't understand how 4 way stop signs work: Who the taught you how to drive? Don't honk your horn at me when you cut me off and throw me the finger.

17. To the people who get at the cashier when their credit card is rejected: You obviously have finance issues if all 15 of your credit cards get rejected. It isn't the cashier's fault.

18. To the underage girls at the liquor store: Don't get all uppity when the cashier asks for your ID when you try and buy some flavored Vodka. You're obviously not 21. The whole "I forgot my ID, can I just buy it anyway" shtick isn't a new concept. Be more inventive than that, I figured it out. Plus, don't ask me to go back in and buy it for you when you get kicked out. Most people weren’t born yesterday.
infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
little Rant ST675 General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 06-14-2011 09:05 AM
Craigslist rant kdog22 Off Topic 15 06-14-2011 08:09 AM
Craigslist Pricing Rant Father of Two General Discussion (Moto Related) 33 08-05-2010 02:45 PM
Fair warning: RANT, long rant tyme2move General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 09-03-2008 07:49 AM
A Rant.. ratmzapa Off Topic 37 03-02-2006 07:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2007, 01:16 AM   #2
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
hahaha....that's great. i've thought about all those things more than once.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:19 AM   #3
infidel
drpickles

TO THE WOMAN WHO IS BLOWING MY BOSS

Don't call and immediately ask "Who is this?" Who am I? I'm the same receptionist who has answered the phone the past 8 times you've tried to reach him. Who are YOU? You're the one who is calling me. Say your name, why you are calling and if you're polite, I may transfer you. If I feel like it.

Don't say that I don't need to know why you're calling. By now you should have realized that he will only answer the phone if he knows who is calling and the reason why they are calling. If he doesn't feel like dealing with you at that particularly moment, get over it.

Don't call "to talk." I know you're friends are impressed that you're giving sloppy to a 40-something executive a few days per week, but he can't be at your beck and call 24/7. There's the 11:00 meeting. Then lunch. Then the 2:00 meeting. Then a meeting at 4:00 to tell them other executives what happened at the 11:00 and 2:00 meetings. If he doesn't even have time to yell at me for hanging up on you (which you swore he would), then he doesn't have time to talk.

Don't pester me as to why he didn't return your 2:30 phone call. It's probably because he knows you'll call again at 3:30. And he won't return that call either.

Don't make small talk. "How are you?" "How is your day going?" Receptionists hate this . You're the 159th person who has called the office today. How am I? I'm annoyed that I had to pick up the phone 159 times only to hear people grumble about how so-and-so hasn't returned their phone calls or e-mails. Get in line. Your message is number 31 on his voicemail. Also, I really don't care how your day is going.

Don't try to be my friend. There is nothing a receptionist detests more than someone with verbal diarrhea. "Does he still love me? We haven't had in a week. Is anyone else calling his office besides me? Is he going to buy my flowers? Does he talk to you about me? What does he say?" Shut the **** up. The only thing I'm thinking about is when I can go on break because I've had to pee for the past 10 minutes. When you ramble I don't listen to a single world you say.

Don't give me your phone number and ask him to call you. I have caller ID. I know your work, house, cell phone numbers and when I see them on the caller ID, I simply groan, "I hate it when this idiot calls."
infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:45 AM   #4
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:55 AM   #5
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
And stop calling me at work!!!!
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:57 AM   #6
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Whoever wrote the little piece has some real issues. I understand his point, and laugh at a few as well, but that much built up anger/hatred is unhealthy. I thought i was short tempered, looks like i'm not so bad after all.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:15 AM   #7
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

#4, #6 .... Guilty
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:26 AM   #8
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Ever see the movie "Falling Down" with Micheal Douglas?

His rant may be a release to avoid him going "postal".

Believe me, I can relate to some of the things this guy is saying and more.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE what I do, but anyone who has ever worked retail can relate to some of the stories I can tell.

Sometimes by the end of the day after dealing with some of the people I have to deal with, I feel like a wolverine with a toothache. :laughing6

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:57 AM   #9
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Falling Down kicked !!! I know what you mean Patrick, and it gets old!!
Old 01-29-2007, 11:06 AM   #10
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Hahahaha.......Falling Down is AWESOME!!!! Guy actually makes alot of sense in that movie.

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:30 PM   #11
A303

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
lol. "we stopped serving breakfast at 10:30, sir."

haha
July 25, 1977 - April 22, 2007
You will be missed.
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:35 PM   #12
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to Mrs. ~T~
i met a guy from craigslist during lunch, he bought a little radio i had for 5$ that guy hands me 5$ in quaters... WTF? he said " you might wanna count it" what a wack job!

Last edited by Mrs. ~T~; 01-29-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Mrs. ~T~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement