MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #1
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Irish Road Racing

enjoy
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Irish Road Racing NJB General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 01-08-2014 03:55 AM
Irish Road Racing flyby Grinchy Taking it to the Track 34 09-18-2010 01:57 PM
Irish Road Racing with Michael Dunlop Grinchy General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 03-02-2010 10:34 PM
Irish Road Racing onboard footage Grinchy Taking it to the Track 10 09-16-2009 08:03 PM
Irish Road Racing Grinchy Taking it to the Track 11 08-14-2009 05:36 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
scoutguy
pack leeder

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Rocket III
95 Triumph Thunderbird
96 Triumph Daytona 1200-now Tojo92's toy
95 Triumph Speed Triple
KTM 990 ADV

Love the Northwest, even better than the TT.
scoutguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #3
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

amazing skill and fearless.
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:39 PM   #4
brian1570
Incognito

Bike(s):
07 Dynasaur
09 GSXR600(sold)
06 CBR600RR(wrecked)
04 Buell lightning(sold)
08 nightster(sold)

crazy irish bastards.

coulda done with out soundtrack though.
brian1570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:46 PM   #5
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Trackdays: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1570 View Post
crazy irish bastards.

+1
Old 09-02-2012, 07:44 AM   #6
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1570 View Post
crazy irish bastards.

Frankie goes to Hollywood, classic
if you rocked the 80's
Old 09-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #7
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
amazing skill and fearless.

Exactly.
Can't help but wonder how the kids in motogp would fare amongst these guys on a track like that.

My prediction: Not too good.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:53 PM   #8
kenup283

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

thanks Grinchy great find

The competiveness level (and rivaly) in Road Racing is really picking up to a peak. Deffenetly somthing to keep an eye on.

The NW was a good one last year. Alstair Seeley, who is seen trimming the hedges in the vid, put a few short circuit passes on some guys. It was good to watch but probably did'nt make him any friends on the roads.

also in the vid
@ 1:00, why Conner Cummins did'nt race the TT last year (he was on the blue/wht Tyco Suzuki that was submarined).
@2:55, M.Dunlops celabrates winning his first RR in the NW, days after his father died in practice for that race when engine seized...rip
link to that race.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland...008&race=250cc

These guys are somting else.

Another bit in the news, Ryan Farquhar calling it a carrear and says he's finished racing. A bit of a shame since he's been dominating the SuperTwins on that 650 twin Kawasaki. He really put together a good package. Pretty much had it on lock down, def the man to beat at the moment, but he has his reasons for leaving.

http://www.crash.net/road+racing/new...ad_racing.html
Old 09-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #9
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenup283 View Post
thanks Grinchy great find

The competiveness level (and rivaly) in Road Racing is really picking up to a peak. Deffenetly somthing to keep an eye on.

The NW was a good one last year. Alstair Seeley, who is seen trimming the hedges in the vid, put a few short circuit passes on some guys. It was good to watch but probably did'nt make him any friends on the roads.

also in the vid
@ 1:00, why Conner Cummins did'nt race the TT last year (he was on the blue/wht Tyco Suzuki that was submarined).
@2:55, M.Dunlops celabrates winning his first RR in the NW, days after his father died in practice for that race when engine seized...rip
link to that race.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland...008&race=250cc

These guys are somting else.

Another bit in the news, Ryan Farquhar calling it a carrear and says he's finished racing. A bit of a shame since he's been dominating the SuperTwins on that 650 twin Kawasaki. He really put together a good package. Pretty much had it on lock down, def the man to beat at the moment, but he has his reasons for leaving.
http://www.crash.net/road+racing/new...ad_racing.html
199 wins to Farquhar
I think the full text behind the decision to retire is worth posting,

Quote:
A devastated Ryan Farquhar has told the Belfast News Letter he will never race again following the tragic death of his uncle at the Manx Grand Prix on Wednesday.

Trevor Ferguson (48) from Castlecaulfield in Co Tyrone lost his life after he fell while competing on one of Farquhar's KMR Kawasaki machines in the Supertwin race in the Isle of Man.

One of Northern Ireland's most decorated road racers, Farquhar had earlier claimed his 10th Manx GP victory in the Senior Classic event, but a day that began with so much promise ended in the most heart-breaking circumstances.

Farquhar who pulled out of yesterday's Classic Superbike race at the Manx Grand Prix says he is no longer willing to take the inherent risks involved in road racing after witnessing the devastating effects of his uncle's fatal accident on Mr Ferguson's wife and three children.

Fighting back tears, Farquhar said: I'm finished with racing. I've been racing a long time and I've lost a lot of friends in that time, but it's different when it comes to your own doorstep.

What I have witnessed in the past 24 hours I've never seen before.

It's the people who are left behind who suffer the most. Trevor probably didn't know anything about the crash, but the people left behind are hit the hardest, said the 36-year-old.

His wife and girls are in pieces. I don't ever want Karen and my two girls to ever have to go through something like that.

This is a sport I love but I can't risk putting my family through something like that any more I have to think of them.

I don't even know if I'll be able to even run a team in the future, he added.

I need to sit down with Karen and talk it over and see where we go from here.

Dungannon competitor Nigel Moore went on to win the ill-fated race on a second of Farquhar's machines.

Farquhar the most successful rider ever in the history of Irish national road racing and a multiple winner at the Isle of Man TT, North West 200 and Ulster Grand Prix said he wished I'd never offered the bike to Trevor.

I'm lost for words I wish I hadn't offered Trevor the bike.

I'm just absolutely gutted, he added.

I went up today [Thursday] to where the accident happened at The Nook and laid some flowers.

I keep thinking if I hadn't offered him the bike and he'd been on his own bike then maybe it wouldn't have happened, but life is all ifs and buts.

This is going to be a very tough time for Trevor's family but I'm going to be there for them.

He wasn't just my uncle, he was a really good friend.

I don't think it has even really sunk in yet to be honest.

Farquhar, from Killyman in Co Tyrone, expressed his heartfelt gratitude to the organisers of the Manx Grand Prix for their support in the wake of the tragedy.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #10
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

I couldn't watch the video on phone.

By Amy chance can one of you fine gentlemen post the link to the video of a crash where the guy lowsides and goes off cliff. Please and thank you. Trying to show it to a coworker.

Or the any isle of man vids where the dudes are catching air. He just discovered road racing and is fascinated by the these guys have...

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #11
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post

By Amy chance can one of you fine gentlemen post the link to the video of a crash where the guy lowsides and goes off cliff. Please and thank you. Trying to show it to a coworker.

Or the any isle of man vids where the dudes are catching air. He just discovered road racing and is fascinated by the these guys have...

I see you both share similar interests.

Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #12
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
I see you both share similar interests.

it!

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 09-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #13
kenup283

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post

I belive you're looking for Connor Cummins high speed exit from the senior in 2010. He went off at the Verarndah, a series of wide open right handers, the name in greek is the word for patio like the ones your'll see wraping around upper stories of appartments buildings. The series of turns looks like that too, wraping the mountain. He was pushing for the lead, and I think had taken it, just before this. Also earlier in the week had a race in hand and had mechanical issue. He's been knocking on that first tt win for some time, I think closer at times than Guy Martin has. Guy also had a big crash that year too, and lucky to survive it as well. That was the year Hutchingson swept all five races too, not to take away from that, but one mans loss (or two) is anothers gain. Just the way it goes.

You really need to get the movie TT 3d: Closer to the Edge.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #14
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
I belive you're looking for Connor Cummins high speed exit from the senior in 2010. He went off at the Verarndah, a series of wide open right handers, the name in greek is the word for patio like the ones your'll see wraping around upper stories of appartments buildings. The series of turns looks like that too, wraping the mountain. He was pushing for the lead, and I think had taken it, just before this. Also earlier in the week had a race in hand and had mechanical issue. He's been knocking on that first tt win for some time, I think closer at times than Guy Martin has. Guy also had a big crash that year too, and lucky to survive it as well. That was the year Hutchingson swept all five races too, not to take away from that, but one mans loss (or two) is anothers gain. Just the way it goes.

Conor Cummins High Speed Horror Crash Interview Isle of Man 2010 IOM TT 2011 Preview - Video Dailymotion
great post
Old 09-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #15
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:

Conor Cummins High Speed Horror Crash Interview Isle of Man 2010 IOM TT 2011 Preview - Video Dailymotion
Thanks dude!

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 09-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #16
kenup283

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Old 09-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #17