MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2007, 08:23 PM   #21
jph1486

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
yzf600r(sold) 03 fiddy
zx6
zx10
kx250f

its a scam we had that same thing when i was trying to sell a horse
jph1486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
received my order Bob_D General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 03-08-2013 08:46 PM
nice '08 250 for sale RACER X New Riders and MSF Course Info 9 12-18-2008 03:10 PM
Motohouston email addresses for sale Solracer Forum Updates & Feedback 5 05-07-2007 12:42 PM
@motohouston.com Email addy's for sale? Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 03-19-2006 04:19 PM
ninja 250 for sale knee_dragger General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 03-03-2006 07:35 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2007, 08:28 PM   #22
Greg in H-town

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'07 ZZR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton9698
should i **** with em just for being idiots...
I did when I advertised my bicycle for sale on craigslist and got one of these bogus things - never heard back, though. :icon_bigg

Susan,

If you need any more info on the bike, I'd be happy to provide it before the sale. I will, however, require some information from you as well, if you don't mind. I'm very fond of the bike and want to make sure it will go to the right buyer who will care for it as well as I have.

To start with, could you send a photo of yourself on a bicycle? Also, could you provide some physical information (if you don't mind - I don't mean to be personal) such as height, weight, bust size and waist size. The last bit is important to determine how the seat will fit and how comfortable you will be on the bike. As closeup picture from behind would make it easier to judge.

Thanks - I look forward to doing further business with you.

Greg
Greg in H-town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 08:29 PM   #23
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

true story here:
My wife advertises in craiglist that she does piano lessons. one time, this was 2 months ago, someone contacts her, i tell her to go along with it and see if they send a check. they sent one for 6.5k no BS. she went to the bank, she was not a customer there, so they didnt know her, but they gave her the 6.5k in 100's and then she brought it home and put it away.
3 weeks later, thats how long it took them to find her, the girl remembered her name, otherwise they had no record of who Margo is or was. They called and asked if she could bring the funds back, she didnt have to, but they would prefer of course. She did. The check was a good copy of a stolen account that had funds and was an active account.
true story, weird I know.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:12 PM   #24
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

ur wife has some big cajones. thats some federal shiet rite there. im surprised the bank contacted her and not the feds.
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:27 PM   #25
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha429
ur wife has some big cajones. thats some federal shiet rite there. im surprised the bank contacted her and not the feds.
It was an honest mistakes IF it was returned otherwise it will be turned over to the FBI. Besides, that was not one of the bad checks but there are several of them, I am sure.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:28 PM   #26
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
true story here:
My wife advertises in craiglist that she does piano lessons. one time, this was 2 months ago, someone contacts her, i tell her to go along with it and see if they send a check. they sent one for 6.5k no BS. she went to the bank, she was not a customer there, so they didnt know her, but they gave her the 6.5k in 100's and then she brought it home and put it away.
3 weeks later, thats how long it took them to find her, the girl remembered her name, otherwise they had no record of who Margo is or was. They called and asked if she could bring the funds back, she didnt have to, but they would prefer of course. She did. The check was a good copy of a stolen account that had funds and was an active account.
true story, weird I know.
Personal info from the id or fingerprints taken at the time of cashing the checks.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:22 AM   #27
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha429
she did nothing wrong, the check and emails were for music lessons for a kid paid by his dad from overseas, thats all we knew and we had emails and such to back it up. Although we knew it was a scam, I wanted to see how far they would go. They went as far as sending a check from a stolen account. She did the right thing. Legally, we are told she did not have to, she was expected to provide a service that was prepaid, if they never come for the lessons, thats their fault.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 01-28-2007, 10:23 AM   #28
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
It was an honest mistakes IF it was returned otherwise it will be turned over to the FBI. Besides, that was not one of the bad checks but there are several of them, I am sure.
it was a bad check, someones account got popped for the 6.5k and they basically were robbed.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 01-28-2007, 10:25 AM   #29
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
Personal info from the id or fingerprints taken at the time of cashing the checks.
I dunno what info she left, She was told by the bank, she did not have to return the money, as from her end, she was paid for a service, she did not know it was from a stolen account. She was told the girls who were the tellers that day would lose their jobs for doing incorrectly. If she returned, they would keep their jobs. Margo had no problem returning it, thats why it was put away waiting.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 01-29-2007, 10:30 AM   #30
issanni
assfault

Experience: 10+ years

Send a message via MSN to issanni Send a message via Yahoo to issanni
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton9698
should i **** with em just for being idiots...

I've been getting a bunch of those emails, 3-4 a day, while I've been trying to sell my Mustang. I've f'd with some of them now I just report them as spam.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:53 PM   #31
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

they never replied with their bank account info ...

two thumbs down to them.

Advertisement