MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

View Poll Results: What is your fav Import DEALER and why plz leave comment!!!
Stubbs Orig 6 9.52%
Stubbs Southwest 5 7.94%
Tejas motorsports 8 12.70%
Eastside Honda 0 0%
A.J. Foyt cycle 6 9.52%
Northwest Honda 3 4.76%
Pasadena Honda 2 3.17%
Honda of Houston 7 11.11%
Cowboy Honda 1 1.59%
Other/Plz comment where and why (no aftermarket plz) 26 41.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2007, 08:30 AM   #21
nihaikitty
Squidette

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650

i like lawnmowers
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where are your fav routes? Navajib General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 05-25-2009 08:58 AM
New fav restaurant. Myrdok Off Topic 12 12-22-2008 08:01 AM
I WON'T comment... 04RSVR Off Topic 16 01-13-2007 02:32 PM
how to get the pics under you comment??? Gideon Forum Updates & Feedback 13 06-26-2006 06:06 PM
Fav. Roads SackDragger General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 09-29-2005 08:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2007, 08:55 AM   #22
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Richmond Suzuki!
Tony will find you the Suzuki you want. He got me the first blk/gry GSXR K6 in Texas! Great guys!

+1 for Tejas Suzuki. I was visiting my folks in Baytown and had to get some new rubber put on before I rode back up to College Station. Well, while they had my bike it started raining and didnt stop. I told them I didnt have a choice and had to ride back to CS. They mounted the tires and even rode it around the block a few times to scrub that new tire film off before I picked it up! THANKS!

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 01:48 PM   #23
aznhero913
J.D.

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600rr
2005 R6 (bye baby)
1992 Yamaha Seca (1st one)

I've never dealt with AJ Foyt so i cant speack about that place, as for the rest, they are all a bunch of con-artist. You know they rip people off buying them back & then they expect you to buy it approx. $1,000 over what you get from cycletrader. Especially eximport, if you ever feel down and just cant get a smile on your face, go there and ask for a few prices and you'll drop dead lauging at the prices they want. The dealership says they offer warranty but when you bring the bike in they say its "wear and tear".
aznhero913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 01:54 PM   #24
Tron

NONE!!! THEY ALL STANK. Dealers are stealers. That's what they do for a living. They are not your friends. They are not there for your benefit. They rob, cheat, and steal from you if you let them. I've known many who are just there to be your friend when you buy from them, but once you buy it from them, it's like "who are you now? "
So, there's my vote. NONE of the ABOVE.
Tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 01:57 PM   #25
Tron

Oh, I forgot to vote from the Worst of the Worst, to the Worst.

Help me out guys:
The Worst of the Worst.

1) Everyone's favorite # 1 STEALER DEALER E.I.
Tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 02:48 PM   #26
Longnguyen

I will post a dealership i will probably use next time for a Honda or Yamaha......they have the best OTD prices......i just dont know how much title and stuff like that will add on when it comes back to texas.
http://www.yamahadiscountprices.com
Longnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 02:54 PM   #27
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longnguyen
I will post a dealership i will probably use next time for a Honda or Yamaha......they have the best OTD prices......i just dont know how much title and stuff like that will add on when it comes back to texas.
http://www.yamahadiscountprices.com
heard alot of good things about the dealership, my bike came from there. but the orig. owner drove from san antonio to lake hills and back. and only rode 2k on the bike before selling it to me.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:25 AM   #28
tedbiele

Bike(s):
2003 Anniv Busa

Send a message via ICQ to tedbiele Send a message via AIM to tedbiele Send a message via Yahoo to tedbiele
Houston Motorsports
I want a new R-1 in Raven.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:27 AM   #29
ikp460.
WHO DO VOODOO WE DO...?

Bike(s):
pHiDDy

Send a message via AIM to ikp460. Send a message via MSN to ikp460.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedbiele
Houston Motorsports
I want a new R-1 in Raven.
not boosting your own shop? you like the 07 r1's? im not a fan 04-06 is awesome though
ikp460. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:30 AM   #30
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

I wish they would hand me the ban hammer, i would bash your with it^^^
Old 01-28-2007, 09:41 AM   #31
wd40oz
FlattrackManiac

Bike(s):
'08 Buell XB12xt 'Uly'
CRF450 Flattracker
'10 HD Super Glide (FXD)
'74 Ironhead bobber

Honda of Houston...they support our Flattrack series and they sell HONDAS which keep me out front!:icon_bigg
wd40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:55 AM   #32
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

I used to like HOH, but after a lot of their crew left it doesn't seem like the same place.
As far as sales; Ted has always taken care of me and everyone else I know of. He's now at AJ Foyt.

Overall thoguh I have to say my favorite dealer right now is NW Honda.

Ronnie, the owner, has always been a real straight shooter, Corky the service manager and I go way back and he's also a very knowledgeable guy. Mike in the accessory department is a pretty sharp guy and their parts guys do a good job. Their salesman at times aren't alway very approachable, but at least now their stuff. If you're looking for a Honda or a Ducati, I'd recommend them.

BHPitts,
I notice you don't have Wild West, Clear Lake Kawasaki or a lot of others.

Just curious, what was your format for choosing the dealers you chose and what are you collecting the data for?

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com

Last edited by Patrick; 01-28-2007 at 08:16 PM.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:57 PM   #33
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
Mike in the accessory department is a pretty sharp guy
+1 and very nice. I always like salespeople that don't stereotype me as 'oh-just-a-woman'. He definitely gave me great advice in regards to gear and even put the gloves I had picked on hold so nobody else would get them while I was continuing to shop at other places for some other varieties. I never got the gloves there because it was too far to drive all the way back and they had the same gloves at HoH (where I had seem them first) and they are just down the street from me.

NW Honda would be my second choice as a dealer!

Now, this is all in regards to gear. When I went shopping for a bike, I haven't really found a dealer I liked yet. HoH had a snob and stereotyping bike salesman and last time I went to check out a bike, the girl knew nothing. Now, when I go with my boyfriend, it is totally different. The frustration starts when I go alone. :BangHead:
Old 01-28-2007, 01:07 PM   #34
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One

[QUOTE=Patrick]I used to like HOH, but after a loto fhteir crew left it doesn't seem like the same place.
QUOTE]

Its good to be missed....
Texmex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:17 PM   #35
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Yep!!

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:02 AM   #36
GsxrRcr369

Bike(s):
2014 CRF 50 (#1)
2014 CRF 50 (#2)
Schwinn XS Pro Modified 2

Stubbs SW always took care of me when I was racin MX and now even though I got a suzuki, Eastside Honda has done me good tuning on the dyno and help here and there when they are at the track for any races or practice.
GsxrRcr369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:54 AM   #37
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107

Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
h of h. parts department kicks . parts in three days really helps a brotha out.lol plus that parking lot that goes around the place gives me ideas for some mini racing. too bad they wont let us use it
Romeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:31 PM   #38
Knightrider

Bike(s):
2006 R6 Blue

Send a message via Yahoo to Knightrider
Houston Motorsports (1960 just west of Perry)
Knightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:17 PM   #39
tundra01

a.j. foyt the people are down to earth and know what the they are talking about and wont bullshit you
tundra01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:51 PM   #40
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

My favorite by far is Extreme Motorsports Kawasaki in Tomball! I bought my 06 636 there. They gave me the VERY BEST PRICE OTD over every other dealer i called or went to and haggled with. Kris up there was very nice and helpful when buying my bike and then again when i was calling up there about some info trying to get my girlfriend a bike. She knows what shes talking about and she is really truly trying to always do her best to help out. She remembered exactly who i was when i spoke to her when i was only in there for a day and it was about 9 months previous. Im very impressed with them and would refer anyone to them looking for a Kawi!

I bought my first bike (05 GSXR 600) from Word Suzuki off the gulf freeway. The guys there seemed nice and all and i got a pretty good deal but I kinda felt like i was just a friend of theirs cause i had cash in my hand. I wouldnt necessarily rank them anywhere near my favorite but i wouldnt say i hate them either. They are under new ownership now so they might be different than i remember.

I bought my dirtbike from Galveston Honda and those guys were cool as back then but since then, its all new staff so its not the same as it was. Havent been there much lately so i really cant say much about their new staff but they were good to deal with back in the day.

I have been up to Texas Yamaha South a bunch of times. I got a couple buddies that work there in Parts and they always help me out and get me good prices. I would have to say that i am NOT AT ALL impressed with their prices on bikes or their sales crew though. The guy i was talking to when i was looking for a bike acted as though i was wasting his time and like i was bothering him. Maybe it was cause he was so fat he had a hard time moving around and he was already grumpy about that or whatever. I really dont know what his deal was but i think with a personality like a rock he would have picked a different profession other than sales. They dont give a hoot about you unless you looking to spend big bucks. They want high dollar for their used bikes and even higher dollar for their new bikes! They wont budge one bit and are by far one of the highest priced bike dealers around from what i have seen! They are handy for me however since they are right down the street to buy the odd part or even premix for the dirtbike but other than that, i wouldnt deal with them!!

Ok well i could go on and on but this is enough! lol

Only last thing i have to say is KAWI is the best! Just wanted to square that up for you guys riding the yamis and hondas thinking your in the front of the pack. All the bikes are nice but only 1 can take first place and that spot is filled. Kawi rates #1 in the shootouts. I wonder why? :notworthy
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement