MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #21
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Post Race #1 Recap

Holy 100 degree heat! That about sums up my weekend. I managed 2 practice laps on Saturday at like 60-75% and boy was it exhausting and very dusty. Enjoyed a steak and had a few brews Sat. evening before heading to the hotel. Thanks for grilling James!

Enjoyed my shower immensely and wasn't too long after that my head was buried in a pillow. Woke up Saturday morning tired and sore, afterall, it had been about 5 months since my last "race" event. With an 11:45 race start time, there was ample time for breakfast and getting prepped for the race....

Well, nothing would prepare me for the pain my body was about to endure. I signed up for a new class, up from Open C (1 hour race) to Over30B (2 hour race). 5 or 6 guys on the line and I was confident that taking the hole shot would give an advantage with all of the dust....I did get a good start, second into the holeshot I think...and soon found my place in first after the leader stalled his 450 crossing some large tractor tire obstacle....I maintained my lead for about the first half lap until I was out of energy, blisters were forming on my hands from holding the bars too tight, and my was chaffed from sitting too much and not standing....

I was puttin', I could hear the sound of a 4 stroke rumbling not too far behind me, with a 2 stroke screaming as well....It was inevitable, I crashed in a sand section....boy did the 90 degree sandy turns take a toll on me. I'm sure I looked like a noob flailing my legs around as I stayed on the throttle trekking through the sand sections, but until this point I had managed to keep it on two wheels....this one little fall over cost me two positions as both of those guys passed me...After rolling again, my pace suffered....I wanted back into the 2nd position bad!!!! If I could catch #1 position, I could fall behind his dust and run his pace for the remainder of the race rather than pushing it and having him run my pace....Wasn't too long before I found myself back in 2nd....but I never did catch back up to that mean 450. After my first lap was complete (about 40 minutes or so) I had to call it quits....I had 3 stalls closely together in the last few miles of lap #1 and was making mistakes EVERYWHERE...

I know my limits, I know what injuries feel like, I know what surgery and recovery is like....I had to face the facts... I wouldn't complete another lap. I was spent. So, with that said, I humbly stopped racing and hung it up for another day.

Turns out I was one of SEVERAL that did not finish the race. I saw A riders, B riders, and C riders all pulling off the course early....several of them started the 2nd lap only to pull off midway and come back to camp.

Not the outcome I was hoping for and I was a bit disappointed in myself, but I'll go on to see another race in the future. Thanks again to TXORR for an all around awesome weekend! Good to see my MH peeps out there getting dirty with me.

Until the next one,

DBuck

Last edited by dbuck; 09-03-2012 at 10:42 AM.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote