MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2007, 09:24 AM   #1
psykohaulic
I'm your huckleberry...

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
04 R6
84 Tecate 250 3 wheeler

Send a message via AIM to psykohaulic
'07

Anyone bought/ridden/know someone who bought an '07 R1. Do the variable length intake tubes make a noticeable difference? How is the slipper clutch? Does the new frame make a big difference.

I don't wanna buy one, I can't afford it plus I'm locked into my R6. Love it too much. Anywho, if any of you have experience with them, report back please! :icon_bigg
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saturday footage - LSTD @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) 07/07/12 tankmonkey Taking it to the Track 6 07-22-2012 11:09 AM
will 07 z1000 rear sets fit on 07 zx6r highlife03 General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 01-12-2011 07:21 PM
PIZZA AND WINGS 07-07-09 MEET AND GREET 01 r1 jason Events, Meets and Rides 35 07-08-2009 04:06 PM
OnBoard Footage for TTD TWS (Texas World Speedway) 07/19 - 07/20 dankston Taking it to the Track 35 07-24-2008 05:01 PM
SW SUNDAY MEET AND RIDE 07/08/07 htwnzbad1 Events, Meets and Rides 10 07-08-2007 04:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2007, 09:36 AM   #2
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

Quote:
Originally Posted by psykohaulic
Anyone bought/ridden/know someone who bought an '07 R1. Do the variable length intake tubes make a noticeable difference? How is the slipper clutch? Does the new frame make a big difference.

I don't wanna buy one, I can't afford it plus I'm locked into my R6. Love it too much. Anywho, if any of you have experience with them, report back please! :icon_bigg
Have you tried an R6/R1 message board? Not trying to be a smart ... Just thinking there would be enough owners over there of 07 R1s to get a good amount of responses to make a better decision...

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:40 AM   #3
psykohaulic
I'm your huckleberry...

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
04 R6
84 Tecate 250 3 wheeler

Send a message via AIM to psykohaulic
*Noted*

Ya, I'm a member of r6messagenet.com, and I didnt even think about it. :BangHead: Just assumed this was the best place to ask I guess.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:18 AM   #4
ufo34
Carlos V

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
R.I.Pieces

Try the www.r1-forum.com I'm a member there, lots of info in that site
67,137 members

Last edited by ufo34; 01-25-2007 at 10:21 AM.
ufo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:46 AM   #5
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Originally Posted by psykohaulic

My friend in NYC bought one. He works at a Yammie Shop and got one for under $10k cash , but anyways.

I spoke to him, he's put 1500 miles on her and says "barely any difference to be noticed on the street" as for track, he says it'll have to wait for the weather to clear.

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:03 AM   #6
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow
My friend in NYC bought one. He works at a Yammie Shop and got one for under $10k cash , but anyways.

I spoke to him, he's put 1500 miles on her and says "barely any difference to be noticed on the street" as for track, he says it'll have to wait for the weather to clear.
that can be said with jsut about every street bike. all that slipper clutch variable intake runners blah blah blah really isn't any goodfor the street whatsoever. so basically get teh bike because of looks.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisement