MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #21
IndyRC
Mutant
 
IndyRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Colorado
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 3,414

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
None









Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdfowler6 View Post
Yeah I noticed the vertigos from sidi allow the ankle to move side to side, which I don't want. I would have to buy the Sidi vortices to get that protection
That is exactly why I like my Dainese over the Sidi's I have. When I'm ready for new boots I plan to look at the Vortice and compare to the Dainese.
__________________
There is no charge for awesomeness!
IndyRC is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Arlen Ness RX racing boots switch Gear Talk 9 05-07-2011 09:00 PM
Racing boots - how to slow me down??? Pyrogenic Taking it to the Track 19 12-04-2009 06:40 PM
Riding boots ? lanzer913 Gear Talk 26 05-07-2009 11:30 AM
I'm getting some riding boots! mikes-si Gear Talk 9 10-27-2008 10:07 AM
Riding Boots TxBritt08R1 Gear Talk 37 07-31-2007 06:27 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #22
FowleR6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 648












Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC View Post
That is exactly why I like my Dainese over the Sidi's I have. When I'm ready for new boots I plan to look at the Vortice and compare to the Dainese.
Are the Daineses comfortable enough to walk around in?
FowleR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #23
dudewhrsmybike
Moderator
 
dudewhrsmybike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,665

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdfowler6 View Post
Are the Daineses comfortable enough to walk around in?
Post #16

I am also considering Dainese boots once I sell mine...

I tried them on a few weeks ago @ TWT

Sent via iPhone
__________________


It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #24
FowleR6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 648












Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
Post #16

I am also considering Dainese boots once I sell mine...

I tried them on a few weeks ago @ TWT

Sent via iPhone
How was sizing? IE what size are you in US and what Euro size did you like?
FowleR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #25
IndyRC
Mutant
 
IndyRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Colorado
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 3,414

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
None









Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdfowler6 View Post
Are the Daineses comfortable enough to walk around in?
I think they are comfy. I like that they don't have a bunch of bulky looking plastic hanging off them and with my jeans over them they almost look like regular shoes. In fact I was on the elevator at work one day and somebody was checking them out and asked what kind they were. I pulled up my pants leg and told them they probably didn't want these for street shoes
__________________
There is no charge for awesomeness!
IndyRC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #26
dudewhrsmybike
Moderator
 
dudewhrsmybike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,665

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
I'm a 10 and if I remember right, the 10 felt a bit tighter...


Sent via iPhone
__________________


It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #27
FowleR6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 648












Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
I'm a 10 and if I remember right, the 10 felt a bit tighter...


Sent via iPhone
I'm a 10 as well
FowleR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #28
Bob_D
Clutch City
 
Bob_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 267

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 Yamaha R6









;[ im a midget with big feet rofl
Bob_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #29
phantomzrex
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Spring, Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 310

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZRX1200R R.I.P.









Boots

I'm a little late to this party, but i have a question if anybody feels like answering. Years ago i was in a nasty car accident my left ankle has hardware(rod) in tibia and ankle is basically fused, minimal motion and because of this i'm having a difficult time finding riding boots that i can get my foot in, even with zippers. I do know that boots that are water resistant that have that flap of material sewn in between the zipper is out of the question, it won't allow the boot to open enough to get my foot in. So i'm left with hiking boots, or work boots which are bulky for shifting, and that only leaves me with my ropers yea i know not a good choice. Any ideas? Any help is appreciated, Thanks.
phantomzrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:37 PM   #30
switch
two fifty
 
switch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,237

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+











currently rocking some arlen ness perf'd boots. i dig them.
spb 10aan wh 250
__________________
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:42 AM   #31
FowleR6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 648












So I've decided to go with the Sidi ST boots. Just don't know what color or if I should get the perforated model.
FowleR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:58 AM   #32
jhnn423
Orange Stinger
 
jhnn423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: katy, texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 107

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 Yamaha yzf-r6




Member Garage





A great mid size boot for street. Love them.

https://www.leatherup.com/site/produ...ct/product.jsp
jhnn423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:58 AM   #33
tbcaveman
Senior Member
 
tbcaveman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 124

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
yamaha r1
yamaha MT-01
Yamaha V-Max
Yamaha Virago 750
kawasaki zx-10r






Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomzrex View Post
I'm a little late to this party, but i have a question if anybody feels like answering. Years ago i was in a nasty car accident my left ankle has hardware(rod) in tibia and ankle is basically fused, minimal motion and because of this i'm having a difficult time finding riding boots that i can get my foot in, even with zippers. I do know that boots that are water resistant that have that flap of material sewn in between the zipper is out of the question, it won't allow the boot to open enough to get my foot in. So i'm left with hiking boots, or work boots which are bulky for shifting, and that only leaves me with my ropers yea i know not a good choice. Any ideas? Any help is appreciated, Thanks.
Once again, any Dainese IN have rear entry system. This to me is a lot easyer than standard side entry.
tbcaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #34
phantomzrex
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Spring, Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 310

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZRX1200R R.I.P.









Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcaveman View Post
Once again, any Dainese IN have rear entry system. This to me is a lot easyer than standard side entry.
I appreciate the info, any sponsers on here sell them.
phantomzrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #35
dudewhrsmybike
Moderator
 
dudewhrsmybike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,665

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomzrex View Post
I appreciate the info, any sponsers on here sell them.
Two Wheel Toys


Sent via iPhone
__________________


It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #36
IndyRC
Mutant
 
IndyRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Colorado
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 3,414

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
None









Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcaveman View Post
Once again, any Dainese IN have rear entry system. This to me is a lot easyer than standard side entry.
+1 on rear entry!
It does make it very easy to put the boots on.
__________________
There is no charge for awesomeness!
IndyRC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:48 PM   #37
dudewhrsmybike
Moderator
 
dudewhrsmybike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,665

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
:drool:

So tempted to go all out and buy these....

The Side Vortice "The Last pair of boots you'll ever need to buy"

sidi vortice air black 600
__________________


It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #38
FowleR6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 648












Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
:drool:

So tempted to go all out and buy these....

The Side Vortice "The Last pair of boots you'll ever need to buy"

sidi vortice air black 600
They are sick! I looked at the black/white perforated model. I just can't justify paying that much and having that much protection.

But with that said I think I'm going with the Sidi STs. Almost the same amount of protection just $100 cheaper!
FowleR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:22 AM   #39
dudewhrsmybike
Moderator
 
dudewhrsmybike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,665

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdfowler6 View Post
They are sick! I looked at the black/white perforated model. I just can't justify paying that much and having that much protection.

But with that said I think I'm going with the Sidi STs. Almost the same amount of protection just $100 cheaper!
Yea, I just spent the last half hour or so watching 4 different boot reviews on Revzilla.
As far as Sidi's go, I would probably go ST as well, unless I was doing all my riding on Vortex rearsets.
They chew the sole up pretty good so it would be nice to be able to replace the sole piece on the Vortice's.

I'm considering these as well. Dainese TRQ Race Out Air...$299

dainese boots trqraceoutair black 600

Or for $35 more, the Torque Pro Out Air...(limited supply closeout on Revzilla)

dainese boots torqueprooutair black 600
__________________


It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:26 AM   #40
FowleR6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 648












Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
Yea, I just spent the last half hour or so watching 4 different boot reviews on Revzilla.
As far as Sidi's go, I would probably go ST as well, unless I was doing all my riding on Vortex rearsets.
They chew the sole up pretty good so it would be nice to be able to replace the sole piece on the Vortice's.

I'm considering these as well. Dainese TRQ Race Out Air...$299

dainese boots trqraceoutair black 600

Or for $35 more, the Torque Pro Out Air...(limited supply closeout on Revzilla)

dainese boots torqueprooutair black 600
I did the exact same and I even watched the videos from sportbiketrackgear.com!

I think the STs are the best bang for the buck. The vortices look like they take 15 minutes to put on and strap up lol. Also, I looked at the Dainese torque pro in. Not as much protection but they have a slimmer profile!
FowleR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy