MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
B.T.R.
slow as molasses
 
B.T.R.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: near 290 & BW8
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 910

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 YAMAHA R1
2007 ZX6R (TRACK BIKE)
HOT WIFE







WIRING DIAGRAM FOR LED BLINKERS 3 WIRE TO 2 WIRE

does anyone have a diagram on how to make 2 wire LED blinkers as running lights and blinkers? I'm assuming there will need to be a relay of some sort since its going from 3 wire to 2 wire. thanks in advance!!!

Barry
B.T.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help me find a wire diagram or the tach signal wire skelator General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 07-11-2014 01:43 PM
Wiring L.E.D. flush mounts as running lights and blinkers B.T.R. General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 08-08-2012 03:38 PM
Wiring diagram Chris_5.0 How To's and Q & A's 2 06-29-2012 03:46 PM
The Wire Pyrofallout Off Topic 1 06-17-2008 09:53 PM
WIRING DIAGRAM beaterR6 How To's and Q & A's 1 05-21-2008 10:36 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
Scottie
Senior Member
 
Scottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 245

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
FJR 1300
FZ6 (Raven)








I believe that this is what you are looking for.
__________________
90% of car drivers don't see you. The other 10% are out to get you.
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
B.T.R.
slow as molasses
 
B.T.R.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: near 290 & BW8
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 910

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 YAMAHA R1
2007 ZX6R (TRACK BIKE)
HOT WIFE







WILL THAT MAKE IT A RUNNING LIGHT AS WELL AS A BLINKER?
B.T.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #4
Scottie
Senior Member
 
Scottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 245

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
FJR 1300
FZ6 (Raven)








I believe it will.

PS THERE"S NO NEED TO SHOUT !
__________________
90% of car drivers don't see you. The other 10% are out to get you.
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:11 AM   #5
B.T.R.
slow as molasses
 
B.T.R.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: near 290 & BW8
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 910

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 YAMAHA R1
2007 ZX6R (TRACK BIKE)
HOT WIFE







sorry. i do autocad drafting for a living. cap lock is always on. lol
B.T.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:12 AM   #6
B.T.R.
slow as molasses
 
B.T.R.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: near 290 & BW8
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 910

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 YAMAHA R1
2007 ZX6R (TRACK BIKE)
HOT WIFE







I read into the installation section, this is exactly what i'm looking for. thanks alot!!!
B.T.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #7
pinball
I got slow
 
pinball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: SE
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,678

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2


Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)







You could build it yourself a lot cheaper than that. All you need is some solder, 2-220ohm resistors, wire, and some heat shrink.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bun1t View Post
Shelnutt thinks mechanics should work for free
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #8
pinball
I got slow
 
pinball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: SE
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,678

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2


Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)







I drew this up when I added LED rings to my cruiser.

TurnSignalLED
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bun1t View Post
Shelnutt thinks mechanics should work for free
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #9
pinball
I got slow
 
pinball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: SE
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,678

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2


Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)







Instead of connecting the non-resisted leg to the brake light wire, you would connect it to the blinker wire. Ground the (-) on the LED instead of connecting it to the (+) on the turn signal. I wired mine in the manner above so the LED ring would shut off when my blinker comes on.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bun1t View Post
Shelnutt thinks mechanics should work for free
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy