MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
BearZ

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'12 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Member Garage

Talking New Here! getting a Ninja 250R soon

Hello all! Planning to buy a New Ninja 250R from a dealer and be a part of this community!
Does anyone have any opinions on good dealers in the Houston area? Preferably dealers that will give me a good deal, maybe $ off MSRP or free gear...
So far, I've been to Mainland Cycle Center in LaMarque, tomorrow I'm going to Team Mancuso on Gulf Freeway and might try to get to Team Mancuso on Southwest freeway on Wednesday. I also want to stop by Kawasaki of Pasadena.
I've got good credit, so that shouldn't be an issue... Any advice is appreciated!
BearZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ninja 250r carbs (i think) NforS88 How To's and Q & A's 34 02-07-2014 10:49 PM
Ninja 250R or CBR250R? Urbangatsby General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 11-28-2011 09:52 AM
Ninja 250r sloshedmrbones Performance and Modifications 9 08-31-2008 05:25 PM
ninja 250r Twitch General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 04-01-2008 10:55 AM
While I'm still waiting on the Ninja 250r to come in... AhmadHasib General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 02-12-2008 05:39 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2012, 11:25 PM   #2
silverfudge
superfast jellyfish

Experience: 1 year
Welcome!
silverfudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #3
aznconquerer

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1992 Honda VFR750 street fighter
1986 Yamaha FZ600 project bike

nice newbie added to the list!!!...welcome!!
aznconquerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:29 PM   #4
CUZ
Wheelie Man

Bike(s):
09 ninja 250

HI

I think a used 250 would be best.
I got mine on craigslist for 2gran so look around.
unless u want the new 2013 250
Don't compensate gear save up for that too.

well Good Luck and Welcome

Take That Dive
CUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:55 PM   #5
CombatM0NKEY
Call me TOOTs..

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
1995 Honda Shadow 600VLX

Honda Xr50

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via MSN to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via Yahoo to CombatM0NKEY
HIGH!..
CombatM0NKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:58 PM   #6
cuong-nutz
Resident 250 guru

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Ninjer 250

Welcome! I too suggest you go the used route as well. It's your first bike and not your last and the the ninja 250s have a great resale value. the 2013 edition is coming out soon to the states unless you want that new. If you're just getting the 08-12 model, definitely go used. You can spend the money you save on higher quality gear which will last you from bike to bike. Don't forget your MSF course!
Old 08-07-2012, 01:11 AM   #7
CombatM0NKEY
Call me TOOTs..

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
1995 Honda Shadow 600VLX

Honda Xr50

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via MSN to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via Yahoo to CombatM0NKEY
^^ and ride with him.

he's like a 250 . i mean.. vet.
CombatM0NKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:07 AM   #8
whomikedao
Physicist

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'09 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(sold)
'05 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636(sold)
Honda Rebel 250

Welcome! I also suggest with the rest to get a used 250 as well for every reason cuong spoke of
whomikedao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #9
BearZ

Bike(s):
'12 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Member Garage

Thanks for the welcome and the input everyone! I'll look into getting a used 250R if I find a good deal and a dealer who will finance.
One of the reasons I want to get a new 250R is because it has a good resale value! Say I want to sell it in 3 years after 8-10K miles, I'll still be able to get a good price whereas if I get a used one with 3-5K already on it, might not sell so well. But anyway that's what I think... If a good deal comes my way, I'll jump on it!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #10
Elvenezuelan
Gute Zeite

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
11 GSXR 600 (RIP)
11 GSXR 600 (again)

Member Garage

Welcome to MH
Elvenezuelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #11
CantDecide

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2010 Ninja250
2009 GSXR600
2009 ZX10R

CantDecide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:09 AM   #12
TnTEntR1
R.I.P Bobby K/ NY Matty

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
'06 Yama R1

Welcome! I heard Mancuso is ok. Shop around 1st to see who's willingly to give you the best deal. Go back to the best dealership, do some paper work with the sales person then all of a sudden tell them you want to think about it because "xyz" is giving you a better price and walk out...drive off. They will call you back and BAM you got a deal! (i did that LOL!)..im the Insurance man on here so give me a shout if you need me- Tuan 281-300-1333

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearZ View Post
Hello all! Planning to buy a New Ninja 250R from a dealer and be a part of this community!
Does anyone have any opinions on good dealers in the Houston area? Preferably dealers that will give me a good deal, maybe $ off MSRP or free gear...
So far, I've been to Mainland Cycle Center in LaMarque, tomorrow I'm going to Team Mancuso on Gulf Freeway and might try to get to Team Mancuso on Southwest freeway on Wednesday. I also want to stop by Kawasaki of Pasadena.
I've got good credit, so that shouldn't be an issue... Any advice is appreciated!

Tuan Tran
MOTO-INSURANCE
Direct# 281-300-1333
"Like a Good Neighbor, TntEntR1 is there!"
TnTEntR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #13
CBR_TRAN
Another Short Asian

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2007 Cbr600rr
1972 cb450 (cafe under construction)
2008 Kawasaki 250r (sold)

I bought my 250 used and sold it for almost what I payed for it. Welcome aboard.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #14
Squid Killer

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
FZ1, Ducati Monster, R6, Gold Wing, Seca 2, TTR230, EX 250 and Metropolitan

Quote:
Say I want to sell it in 3 years after 8-10K miles
If you only ride it that much in 3 years you might go to for that sin against nature. Don't be one of "those" people.

Squid Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #15
Bkgraham33

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
ZX14R

Quote:
My 2 cents. Mainland Cycle Center is where I recently bought my ZX14. Albert seems like a good guy and was willing to beat the price I was offered by another dealer. And he's not high-pressure, so for some people that's good (I personally like high-pressure sales people because I like to have fun with them).

I visited Mancuso North (on the Gulf Frwy) and my opinion is that dealership is filled with slime . I personally would never buy a bike from them or trust them to service my bike.

Based on my experience with Mancuso North, I'll likely never try Mancuso South.

Kawasaki of Pasadena - I almost bought from there, and they seemed like perfectly nice people. If Albert from La Marque hadn't offered a better price I would have definitely bought from Pasadena. One more positive for La Marque, they were more than willing to let me test ride the bike with no reservation.

So to sum it up, I'd have no reservation from buying from La Marque or Pasadena in the future.
Bkgraham33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #16
BearZ

Bike(s):
'12 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkgraham33 View Post
My 2 cents. Mainland Cycle Center is where I recently bought my ZX14. Albert seems like a good guy and was willing to beat the price I was offered by another dealer. And he's not high-pressure, so for some people that's good (I personally like high-pressure sales people because I like to have fun with them).

I visited Mancuso North (on the Gulf Frwy) and my opinion is that dealership is filled with slime . I personally would never buy a bike from them or trust them to service my bike.

Based on my experience with Mancuso North, I'll likely never try Mancuso South.

Kawasaki of Pasadena - I almost bought from there, and they seemed like perfectly nice people. If Albert from La Marque hadn't offered a better price I would have definitely bought from Pasadena. One more positive for La Marque, they were more than willing to let me test ride the bike with no reservation.

So to sum it up, I'd have no reservation from buying from La Marque or Pasadena in the future.
I talked to Jack at Mainland, he was perfectly nice and forthcoming once he figured out I was actually interested in purchasing a bike, Albert gave me an insurance quote and some advice, Patrick was cool too, but was being a "salesman" and trying to sell me boots, jackets and helmets, they all seemed very nice and knowledgeable. I'll probably end up buying from them unless Pasadena gives me a better deal.

Thanks for your advice!
Old 08-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #17
Bkgraham33

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
ZX14R

Quote:
I talked to Jack at Mainland, he was perfectly nice and forthcoming once he figured out I was actually interested in purchasing a bike, Albert gave me an insurance quote and some advice, Patrick was cool too, but was being a "salesman" and trying to sell me boots, jackets and helmets, they all seemed very nice and knowledgeable. I'll probably end up buying from them unless Pasadena gives me a better deal.

Thanks for your advice!
If I'm not mistaken, Patrick is his son. And if so, you're spot on, he totally acts like a salesman. I was in there waiting on Albert and Patrick tried to sell me all sorts of stuff!

I wouldn't expect freebies from La Marque though, they don't seem to roll that way.
Bkgraham33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #18
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Mainland Cycles always has the best prices on new Kawasakis. Bkgraham33 is right in that they really don't throw in much of the way of freebies. In all honesty though, most of the 'gear' I've seen dealerships throw in is garbage. Sure a helmet with an MSRP of $79.99 may be better than nothing, but I'm sure as no sticking my head in it.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #19
BearZ

Bike(s):
'12 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Member Garage

Well, went against my better judgement and yours, I went ahead and bought a new bike from Team Mancuso today. Picking it up tomorrow evening when I get off work. They "threw in" a nice $150 SNELL approved HJC full face helmet and a $179 Joe Rocket, padded mesh jacket. Also got me a pretty good deal. So I guess I'm one of y'all now!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #20
the mother

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

Welcome

Advertisement