MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2007, 12:06 PM   #21
paniro187

Feedback Rating: (0)

also make sure you get enough fiber. I use fiber sure. fiber is essential in weight loss. i would stay away from atkins and all thatother . Before I would join a gym i would join weight watchers. wit htheir points system you can eat ANY of the foods you're used to but you have to watch how much you eat of it. a double cheese burger from mcdonalds would be like 18 points. But since you have like 24 points a day or so you would almost use all your points. everyone i know that has done weight watchers have lost alot of weight.

then when you start doing cardio that allows you more points during the day. also if on it use ALL YOU YOUR POINTS don't think you're helping yusrlef by not using lal of them. they have a book with every food place you can think of and points for each thing on their menu. yes even taco bell.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need to lose weight Colonel Health and Fitness 45 12-27-2011 04:43 PM
The way to lose weight is to eat more doughnuts Ogre Off Topic 9 12-06-2008 04:57 PM
Tryin to Lose Weight/Get in Shape, Help!!! Nightster Ridester Off Topic 50 06-26-2008 09:39 PM
Need to lose some weight??? jrock Off Topic 22 03-26-2006 12:27 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2007, 12:09 PM   #22
issanni
assfault

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Send a message via MSN to issanni Send a message via Yahoo to issanni
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenway Smokey
The simple way to loose weight is to have a deficit in calories. Calories in vs. calories out.

you can loose a lot of weight just by doing portion control along with cadio. a few years back i lost 30lbs just by cutting my portions in half. i was constantly stuffing myself by eating the whole plate of food that they would serve at restaurants. I started only eating half of that and saving the rest for later. If you drink soda's then switch to diet. i know it's hard but ease yourself into it with Coke Zero or something.

If you can do this and cut out drinking you will loose pretty fast. If you must drink then drink whisky or rum. I still only really drink jack and diet.

This is what I was talking about.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:10 PM   #23
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR 1/2
YES UP AT 4:30AM! YOU SHOULD COME WITH US!!!
Screw that! I go to the gym at work. I have a 2 o'clock meeting down their just about every day.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:11 PM   #24
issanni
assfault

my wife is at our gym at 5am to open it 5 days a week.....not many people working out that early.

I prefer lunch time or evenings myself. Just have to stay motivated and keep going in....that's the other big thing. If you have a friend to go with that helps too I've found. Tough to get motivated to go in and workout alone.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:12 PM   #25
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by issanni
This is what I was talking about.
Definetly, 60% Diet, 20% exercise, 20% Rest. The problem is people get lost in all the diet and never get going in the gym. (or exercising in general) When most younger people only need to work out a few times a week and their metabolism kicks back into high gear.

Old 01-23-2007, 12:14 PM   #26
issanni
assfault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Definetly, 60% Diet, 20% exercise, 20% Rest. The problem is people get lost in all the diet and never get going in the gym. (or exercising in general) When most younger people only need to work out a few times a week and their metabolism kicks back into high gear.

3 times a week is generally sufficient and about 45 mins to 1 hr. per workout is really all you need.....and the CORRECT DIET!
Old 01-23-2007, 12:15 PM   #27
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
lots of great info in here!! Thanks guys... now just to put it to use.... It's more of a motivator doing this with a few other people so that you can have some criticism if you start falling off the routine.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:19 PM   #28
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by issanni
3 times a week is generally sufficient and about 45 mins to 1 hr. per workout is really all you need.....and the CORRECT DIET!
I would do the correct diet FIRST the the workout because if you aren't eating right then the workouts are for naught.

Old 01-23-2007, 01:08 PM   #29
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
I would do the correct diet FIRST the the workout because if you aren't eating right then the workouts are for naught.
Some time definetly has to be spent figuring out your diet but, alot of times just getting off the couch can do wonders for you.

Old 01-23-2007, 01:09 PM   #30
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Some time definetly has to be spent figuring out your diet but, alot of times just getting off the couch can do wonders for you.
I always figure why workout if you're eating like .

Old 01-23-2007, 01:16 PM   #31
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
I tend to believe if you have been doing nothing then something is alot better. Just initially, obviously you have to give your diet a make over if you want to get the best results. Just my thinking...

Old 01-23-2007, 01:46 PM   #32
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Well, i will disagree a bit.

I eat like , churritos, hamburgers and stuff, however, this is my 5 times a week routine:

run 2 miles - try to keep it under 8:30 a mile, i can't just yet
1hour 30 weights - rest 60 seconds between reps and sets
15 minutes rope
30 minutes stair master

I am in no way mister atlas, i am 5 11, 182lbs. i get to eat all i want and enjoy the work out.

ohh i do it 5 meals a day
Old 01-23-2007, 01:50 PM   #33
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova
Well, i will disagree a bit.

I eat like , churritos, hamburgers and stuff, however, this is my 5 times a week routine:

run 2 miles - try to keep it under 8:30 a mile, i can't just yet
1hour 30 weights - rest 60 seconds between reps and sets
15 minutes rope
30 minutes stair master

I am in no way mister atlas, i am 5 11, 182lbs. i get to eat all i want and enjoy the work out.

ohh i do it 5 meals a day
but are you trying to lose weight??

I was 5 11 180 in high school I've gained 15 lbs since them I now float between 195 and 200.

Old 01-23-2007, 01:53 PM   #34
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Quote:
but are you trying to lose weight??

I was 5 11 180 in high school I've gained 15 lbs since them I now float between 195 and 200.
Not really. Any workout routine is better than nothing. but you are right, this thread is about losing weight not about eating or workout habits.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:56 PM   #35
JonEric0430
the slow and the retarded

Send a message via AIM to JonEric0430
Just get a membership to 24 hour fitness and come to workout with me. :laughing6 :laughing6
Old 01-23-2007, 01:56 PM   #36
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova
Not really. Any workout routine is better than nothing. but you are right, this thread is about losing weight not about eating or workout habits.
I'm saying if you're trying to lose and you eat as many calories if not more than you burn off working out then there's really no point in working out cause you'll remain in one place. BUT if you diet without working out you can lose weight even exponentially without working out. though if you work out and diet you'll be in better over all health.

Old 01-23-2007, 01:57 PM   #37
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Quote:
I'm saying if you're trying to lose and you eat as many calories if not more than you burn off working out then there's really no point in working out cause you'll remain in one place. BUT if you diet without working out you can lose weight even exponentially without working out. though if you work out and diet you'll be in better over all health.
+1 million
Old 01-23-2007, 02:01 PM   #38
MadseasoN

Trackdays: 10+

What's worked for me:

Limit your workouts to 30 minutes in the beginning otherwise you'll get burnt out and say 'screw it'. It takes most people about 20 days to develop a habit of working out.

Lift weights Mon, Wed, & Fri and run treadmill Tu & Th. Limit weights to 2 excercises per muscle group (3 sets each).

.... gotta go now. I gotta finish this Snickers bar & Dr Pepper.

Last edited by MadseasoN; 01-23-2007 at 02:03 PM.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:02 PM   #39
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!

Bike(s):
'04 1200XL

Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
Los, if you need some motivation then pre work out take some kind of stim. Try lipo 6 or another cap of your choice.

I mixed a pre work-out shake that contains taurine and i get such great lifts at the gym i look forward to it.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:05 PM   #40
paniro187

going to the gym 5 days a week will get people burned out quick also. When i talk to noobs about it I generally get them to do cardio every time the work out and do upper and lower body circuits. that tow muscle a day work out things is good if you're really serious about cutting or putting on muscle. if it's just a little toning you want a good upper and lower body circuit is the way to go.

Of course I know none of this stuff I'm just regurgitating things from nutritionist and personal trainers.....lol

Advertisement