MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2012, 12:21 AM   #21
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR_TRAN View Post
In my experience, paying a lawyer for your common speeding ticket is like throwing money away... They will just do the SAME thing you can do while you're there. You talk to the prosecutor and they give you your options, that's if the officer shows up. Heck you can even call in yourself and have the date reset, no need for a lawyer to do it.
Depends, sometimes the lawyers got a inside deal with the judges. ive done both...lawyer is a safer bet sometimes.
Neon Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
speeding ticket 1slowR1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 08-19-2013 08:21 PM
Speeding ticket?! CTtriple Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 9 02-17-2012 03:47 PM
Speeding ticket... Smart Shark Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 26 11-28-2011 11:04 PM
Speeding ticket TONY112083 Off Topic 21 03-17-2006 11:36 PM
how to get out of a speeding ticket cytukyl Off Topic 7 08-31-2005 11:10 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2012, 12:25 AM   #22
FowleR6

I just laugh at all of these guys on here that say "hope the cop doesn't show up to my hearing." lol you aren't facing a cop, you are going against a prosecutor. It doesn't matter if the cop doesnt show, the prosecutor has already interviewed the officer and knows the case/circumstances.

Last edited by FowleR6; 08-03-2012 at 12:27 AM.
FowleR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:37 AM   #23
iDazzle
dizzle dazzle

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2010 Trek Something
07 Ninja 250 (sold)
07 Kawasaki zzr600
2011 Kawasaki zx6r

Do you still have to pay $277 if you get defensive driving? If so, get a lawyer and make sure you pay less than $277 total.

You owe me $277 x2, btw.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:01 AM   #24
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerGenetics View Post
why does it sound like they baited you into speeding?
Soichiro Honda baited me into speeding. I think I'll sue
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #25
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdfowler6 View Post
I just laugh at all of these guys on here that say "hope the cop doesn't show up to my hearing." lol you aren't facing a cop, you are going against a prosecutor. It doesn't matter if the cop doesnt show, the prosecutor has already interviewed the officer and knows the case/circumstances.
I'm not in the "hope he doesn't show" camp but if the case goes to trial it will be the cop testifying about the law(s) he observed you breaking, not the prosecutor.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #26
Paul1098

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Multistrada S
Ducati 916 Track

Quote:

It's best to comment when you know what you're talking about.
If the cop does not show, the case WILL be dismissed. The prosecutor MUST have the officer who wrote the ticket in court to try the case. Prosecutors and lawyers, in general, cannot testify in court about something that someone else (including cops)said; that's called "heresay".
Now you can stop laughing at all of those other members and THEIR lawyers.
Paul1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #27
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
08 Ninja250 BRAWP bike (For Sale)
08 Ninja250 Racebike(Sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

Deferred!

Motorcycles are like women... once you ride one... you wanna ride em all.
Thayleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #28
CBR_TRAN
Another Short Asian

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2007 Cbr600rr
1972 cb450 (cafe under construction)
2008 Kawasaki 250r (sold)

Quote:
Old 08-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #29
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
And those of us who have had multiple tickets dismissed for officer not showing laugh right back atcha

But go ahead, continue telling us how the system works...

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #30
FowleR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
And those of us who have had multiple tickets dismissed for officer not showing laugh right back atcha

But go ahead, continue telling us how the system works...
My friend drives a yellow Camaro SS and was pulled over by the Fort Bend County Sherrif's Office. He decided to make a trial for his traffic citation. On the morning of his trial, the deputy didn't show (he thought he was going to get out of it) but once the trial started, the prosecutor used the deputy's dashcam as evidence and won the case. So yes, you can still lose if the officer doesn't show.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #31
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
My friend drives a yellow Camaro SS and was pulled over by the Fort Bend County Sherrif's Office. He decided to make a trial for his traffic citation. On the morning of his trial, the deputy didn't show (he thought he was going to get out of it) but once the trial started, the prosecutor used the deputy's dashcam as evidence and won the case. So yes, you can still lose if the officer doesn't show.
When you hire an attorney for a traffic citation in Harris County, they can keep re-setting your court date until the officer doesn't show, and it can and will get dismissed. It has worked for me twice in that case, but it may vary by County, I don't know honestly.

I've had an exhibition of speed, and then a speeding ticket both dismissed due to the officer not showing...yeah, it took me going to court a few times, but bottom line, they got dismissed...

I never said you COULDN'T lose if the officer doesn't show, but you should refrain from posting false information that you assume is the way things are because it happened to yourself or so and so....

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:14 AM   #32
FowleR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
When you hire an attorney for a traffic citation in Harris County, they can keep re-setting your court date until the officer doesn't show, and it can and will get dismissed. It has worked for me twice in that case, but it may vary by County, I don't know honestly.

I've had an exhibition of speed, and then a speeding ticket both dismissed due to the officer not showing...yeah, it took me going to court a few times, but bottom line, they got dismissed...

I never said you COULDN'T lose if the officer doesn't show, but you should refrain from posting false information that you assume is the way things are because it happened to yourself or so and so....
All I'm saying is if the cop doesn't show, the prosecutor can still use the dashcam footage without the officer being there. It's not a difficult concept.

Advertisement