MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
kenup283

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

MotoGP: opinons at half way point in season

Half way through the season.

Been an expermental year for many. Alot of rider movment. Control Tire concept taken to an all new low. Rules, politics and dare I say collusion behind the scenes. Has it been the disaster continuing to unfold or has it been surprisingly entertaining despite everthing?

Whats been the biggest highlight, low light or surprise for you. from either category, Moto1 / Moto2 / Moto3, thus far?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Half way through the season TexasYZF600R Sports 0 02-12-2009 11:06 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

I have to agree with Stoner on the non prototype bikes getting in the way of everything. They allowed them because they wanted to broaden the field, but they can't keep up with the prototypes so what's the point?

It's Lorenzo and Pedrosa at the top. I think one of them will win the championship.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Man View Post
I have to agree with Stoner on the non prototype bikes getting in the way of everything. They allowed them because they wanted to broaden the field, but they can't keep up with the prototypes so what's the point?
I kinda agree about Stoner but he really does come across as a whiner. He should get his team mgr or somebody to do his so it has more credibility.
As far as the non-prototype bikes, I'm thinking that you gotta give 'em time to develop the bike and the team. Maybe the CRT bikes will improve, it is a steep learning curve.

Quote:
It's Lorenzo and Pedrosa at the top. I think one of them will win the championship.
At this point it looks like you are right but everything can change in an instant. One injury or blown motor can make it a new day.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:05 PM   #4
kenup283

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

I agree, Lorenzo has been faultless.

Stoner had the opportunity to finish a solid 2nd in Germany but threw it away going for the win. He will need to win out or catch a break that sees Lorenzo finish in 3rd at least a few times. Not sure he's going get much help though.

My surprise is Ben. I thought a couple years back when they anounched 1000cc for 2012 that this would be his chance to end the domination of the midget racers. I guess I just did'nt read the fine print that came along with that.

All in all, Laguna gave me hope for a strong second half for Stoner, if he stops whining long enough to catch his breath, he could keep it intersting up top.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:59 PM   #5
Chuckster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

I agree that adding the CRT bikes didn't help at all. To keep bikes on the grid, they should have implemented control electronics or something to keep the price down. When a CRT teams entire budget is what Honda pays just for a rider, how can anyone expect them to be competitive on the same level. Moto2 and Moto3 are the only top level races in GP with a, somewhat, level playing field. With Stoner and Spies leaving at the end of the year, MotoGP will get even more boring.
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:26 AM   #6
Wawazat?!
Chuck my Norris

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 Aprilia RS125
'05 Honda "Fiddy"
'09 R1 (sold)
'07 gixxer 750 (RIP)

Stoner will surely be missed. Regardless of his off the track status, he is a force to be reckoned with once the red lights go out! " hath no fury like a spiteful Aussie!"

Spies... I was first disappointed with the number plate and helmet design and his riding followed suit. There were times last year[Indy] that I was sure that he was out of it and fought back in alien fashion. He has yet to show any tenacity like that this year. I'm really interested to see what his plans are for next year.

Hayden: I'm liking this guy more and more. He has really impressed me lately.
Wawazat?! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:47 AM   #7
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

Looks like Suzuki will return to MotoGP in 2014. That will expand the field a little.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:52 AM   #8
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
I kinda agree about Stoner but he really does come across as a whiner. He should get his team mgr or somebody to do his so it has more credibility.
Care to explain this opinion? I can't see how anyone would have more credibility than the guy in the saddle.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:07 AM   #9
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Care to explain this opinion? I can't see how anyone would have more credibility than the guy in the saddle.
I think it's because Stoner sounds nasally when he talks.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #10
Tumper
Hullo

Bike(s):
2004 Speed Triple SE
01 KLR650,
93 Dyna Wide Glide
11 BMW F800GS
Cannondale F-4...

The highlight has been Nicky beating Rossi on the same bike consistently, not a great overall season but something positive to look to for Nicky.

The lowlight has been the CRT bikes, they fill the grid but they were lapped Sunday... really??? And Ben's season; it has been, how do I say it...Horrifying...

Oh, and here's a little something I snapped on Friday afternoon during FP2...

Oops!!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rossi's Bike.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	59193
Old 08-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #11
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Honestly, GP has been pretty ho-hum all season. Yea, its the big names, but the racing is boring. GP2 and GP3 are the interesting races to watch.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #12
Tumper
Hullo

Bike(s):
2004 Speed Triple SE
01 KLR650,
93 Dyna Wide Glide
11 BMW F800GS
Cannondale F-4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Honestly, GP has been pretty ho-hum all season. Yea, its the big names, but the racing is boring. GP2 and GP3 are the interesting races to watch.
Agreed, Moto3 and Moto2 have just been great racing all season long...
Old 08-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #13
Chuckster

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

Something is up with Ben and Yamaha. Understandably, he's leaving at the end of the season but something screwy is going on. First he had a cracked subframe, then his tire fell apart, then food poisoning the day of the race and then his dogbone snaps at the top of the corkscrew. Just doesn't seem right
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #14
kenup283

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumper View Post
The highlight has been Nicky beating Rossi on the same bike consistently, not a great overall season but something positive to look to for Nicky.

The lowlight has been the CRT bikes, they fill the grid but they were lapped Sunday... really??? And Ben's season; it has been, how do I say it...Horrifying...

Oh, and here's a little something I snapped on Friday afternoon during FP2...

Oops!!
Attachment 59193
Pretty awesome that you went. I think that photo says alot. You must have had a good view.

CRT has been intersting for me on several levels but I beilve really was a political ploy more than anything. Ezpeleta been asking the mfgrs to make bring the customer bike cost down, to target 1 Millon Euro per bike. Apparently this was unsuccessuful so he called their bluff and and the factories called his. He tried to show that if they could'nt do it then he would and is willing to risk it all to get there.

After the rookie rule was reversed (for M.Marquez to go to Repsol Honda) a few days later Honda announced a Prototype Racer would be for sale - not Lease - for 2014 season for 1 Millon euro. That means they can keep the bike at a third the cost the'd been leasing for. What spec honda is willing to sell in terms of Technology is tbd and not sure if Yami will follow, but if they want that Rossi/Marbrol deall mabye they had to get on board too. It could be a case where the ends justify the means if it works.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...racer-in-2014/

http://motomatters.com/analysis/2012...p_bikes_c.html

Advertisement