Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2007, 12:29 PM   #41
Chris24
Thread Savior

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
your a crybaby.

im still waiting for you to name ALL of the shops you claim that do it for $10. you yourself said "everybody" charges $10. im sure patrick has an awesome price, thats no doubt, but that ONE, not "everybody".

most people are saying at least $25 each times two is $50. your whining about $20 at most. get a life. your probably spending $20 worth of your time crying in this thread.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
scammer ???????????? H2447INTX Off Topic 26 02-03-2009 01:44 PM
Help Me F W/ A Scammer hotnanas Off Topic 16 12-13-2007 06:45 PM
scammer? jph1486 Off Topic 17 04-30-2007 11:14 PM
MGMR motorsports bikerboyz General Discussion (Moto Related) 36 12-07-2006 02:05 PM
anyone have experiance with the shop named MGMR on hwy6? scrapp Off Topic 12 11-06-2006 10:23 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2007, 12:46 PM   #42
A303

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
Bob and bobby seem to be pretty nice, weird
Old 01-21-2007, 01:22 PM   #43
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Originally Posted by A303
Bob and bobby seem to be pretty nice, weird
Exactly my thoughts..

But oh well..

where you been riding now a days will?

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
Old 01-21-2007, 01:25 PM   #44
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Cycle Gear and the place up the road from me with the initials PS both charge $30 per wheel.

Don't ask, don't tell, you pay!!
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
Old 01-21-2007, 02:10 PM   #45
train460
speed junky

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent
next set of tires i'm definitely driving the hour to go get my tires put on by ya'll or patrick!
i have the stuff to do it. next time just bring your tires out and will ASSIST you doing it yourself. costs nothing and have the satisfacton of doing it yourself.
In the spring will just have to have a tire changing party, i guess in the hanger
Michael
88 v-max
Old 01-21-2007, 03:07 PM   #46
infidel
drpickles

bob and bobby are really good people as well as chris the sportbike tech . he doesn't charge per job he charges by time . he system is different that most but if your getting multiple things done its cheap.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:32 PM   #47
TLLuvr

Bike(s):
A few of them

I am sure you have already heard this but you should have asked the price up front to avoid any confusion.

But I make a habit of telling all my customers up front what it is going to cost to avoid any suprises.

I am sure they weren't trying to scam you the money would hardly be worth the bad press they are now getting. Just my opinion.

I bet you will always ask the price from now on and hopefully they will too.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:35 PM   #48
bikerboyz

ya there good people but i dont like it when they charge 90 dollars for a oil change now i think thats too high
Old 01-21-2007, 04:38 PM   #49
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Do you always sign your name to paperwork you don't read? that could get you in trouble.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:40 PM   #50
Chris24
Thread Savior

Bike(s):

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
this guy is gonna go through a drive through and get charged $6 for a combo meal, and hes gonna freak out on them.

"OH MY . I CAN GO ANYWHERE ELSE, AND GET A DOLLAR BURGER, SMALL FRIES AND DRINK FOR $2.99! GASP! I CANT BELIEVE THEY DID THIS TO ME! "

Old 01-21-2007, 04:46 PM   #51
bikerboyz

yup thats right, if you dont know how to work on bikes or cars, your just going to have to suck it up and pay the price,but allways shop around for the best prices
Old 01-21-2007, 06:50 PM   #52
ratmzapa

Member Garage

Thats why I always say Motorcycles Unlimited is and always will be the best.../end thread

Old 01-21-2007, 07:22 PM   #53
wiz
Brain Surgeon

Bike(s):
03 954 & 99 F4

Bob is a good guy. No complaints from me. The one time there was a problem with a part ordered they got it resolved it for me without any additional problems or questions.

i don't know what it costs to change out a tire, but from the other posts it sounds like what you paid was in line.

in your original post you said..
"normally I deal with Patrick or Andy, but these guys were right down the road"
so you can say this time you paid for the convenience. :icon_bigg
Old 01-21-2007, 07:44 PM   #54
Chris24
Thread Savior

Bike(s):

too late guys, i think he allready has plans to write a letter to his congressman concerning this travesty and international act of what is clearly terrorism at work. surely, the $10 or $20 he may have overspent is obviously funding al-queda. there is no other explanable reason that an american citezin would be the victim of such a horrible crime against humanity.

maybe there is something our congressman can put into the patriot act to regulate the price of tire mounting and balancing, in order to protect this nations vulnerable consumers from the "claws of al-queda".

forbid what could happen to this country if this heresy continues, dealerships under the control of the terrorist regime might charging as much as $14 for an oil filter, dear lord. weve always known these treasonous bastards controled the oil, now we know why premium synthetic could cost as much as $30 for a gallon, the money goes to buy nuclear weapons and bombs to kill our troops overseas.

so i pray, let all us fearing christians band together! band together i say, let us plug our tires with flimsy patches until the cords show. * fade in patriot music here * let us simply remove links from our chains when they stretch to the very limits our swingarms will allow! let us scrub out old spark plugs with wire brushes instead of buying new ones! its is up to every american to do their part this day! we must do everything we can do keep our money away from the terrorists!!!!*insert fireworks exploding*

ok...this is getting dumb. do i need to keep going or can we lock the thread now?
Old 01-21-2007, 07:48 PM   #55
infidel
drpickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24
too late guys, i think he allready has plans to write a letter to his congressman concerning this travesty and international act of what is clearly terrorism at work. surely, the $10 or $20 he may have overspent is obviously funding al-queda. there is no other explanable reason that an american citezin would be the victim of such a horrible crime against humanity.

maybe there is something our congressman can put into the patriot act to regulate the price of tire mounting and balancing, in order to protect this nations vulnerable consumers from the "claws of al-queda".

forbid what could happen to this country if this heresy continues, dealerships under the control of the terrorist regime might charging as much as $14 for an oil filter, dear lord. weve always known these treasonous bastards controled the oil, now we know why premium synthetic could cost as much as $30 for a gallon, the money goes to buy nuclear weapons and bombs to kill our troops overseas.

so i pray, let all us fearing christians band together! band together i say, let us plug our tires with flimsy patches until the cords show. * fade in patriot music here * let us simply remove links from our chains when they stretch to the very limits our swingarms will allow! let us scrub out old spark plugs with wire brushes instead of buying new ones! its is up to every american to do their part this day! we must do everything we can do keep our money away from the terrorists!!!!*insert fireworks exploding*

ok...this is getting dumb. do i need to keep going or can we lock the thread now?
haha
Closed Thread

Advertisement