Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2007, 07:52 PM   #41
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeylawyer
There are maybe a couple of scratches on the big round thing that juts out of the engine on the left (is that the thingamajobby or the whatsit? I always mix those up), but other than that no damage, and the bike runs fine.
:laughing6 Sorry had to laugh, you reminded me, of ME a couple months ago!

Quote:
Only thing wounded is my pride. Good thing no one can recognize you in a motorcycle helmet (another benefit of the full-face over the brainpan).
Don't be, your actually brave enough to come up and post something like that, most people have the small oops and doops all the time, but will never post up or mention it - out of embarasment. If your man enough to admit and learn from it, that's what counts in the end. Just be glad nothing major happened to you, and the bike. Learn from it and move on.

Quote:
Please share something stoopid you did right after getting your bike so I'll feel better!
Pssh, keep it a secret, but i once dropped one of my bikes (won't say which one) while trying to make out on it - and ended up scratched my car's bumper pretty bad..:laughing6

I felt like an ! Big Time..

happenz..

Enjoy Riding!

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ghetto people at ihop, embarrassing!!! sullivan Off Topic 28 05-11-2015 08:07 PM
Embarrassing first fall ! :( BaylorNinja500 General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 03-24-2011 12:19 PM
Embarrassing Moto Related Moments BigComfy General Discussion (Moto Related) 44 10-27-2008 11:40 AM
What's your least favorite thing to ride your bike behind? blends General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 10-03-2008 11:23 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2007, 07:59 PM   #42
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Quote:
Awesome story. I bet you smelled pretty interesting after that.
It's hard to say because I stunk like fried chicken and old grease no matter what. It seems like it was a week after I quit that the smell finally left my hair & skin. :icon_puke
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:59 PM   #43
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mala Lingua
I was 18 when I got my first street bike, and at the time I was working at a Churches chicken shack in the ol' hometown. It was Saturday night, and I was on my way to a party hauling upwards of a 100 or so pieces of chicken tied up in plastic bags. I lost it in a corner (not sure if the chicken all shifted too fast, I hit gravel or what), but it was in the main part of town.

I fell on top of and skidded along with one of the bags;the greasy mess probably saved me a bit of skin though it hurt. The rest of the bags broke and chicken and biscuits rolled everywhere. I stumbled up and just stood there in shock for a second, staring. Without really thinking, I started picking up chicken, but there was no place to put it, so I just dropped it. Humilated, I decided to bolt and must have been a sight trying to lever the bike up with my greasy hands and all the, now empty, plastic bags tied to my beltloops and backback. There were a few people who offered to help, but I kept refusing.

I got around the corner, ditched the remaining chicken from under the bungee net and went to the party. Later that night a group came in laughing because they'd passed an intersection where it seemed every stray dog and cat within a 2 mile radius was having a feast.
Best Story Award..in my opinion..:laughing6

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:06 PM   #44
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow
:laughing6 Sorry had to laugh, you reminded me, of ME a couple months ago!

+1, except I'm not so far along as a couple of months. I was excited the other day because someone here posted a pic with a torn apart bike in the garage. I was able to point to a few pieces and name them. And just so's noone thinks I'm getting up on my high horse, one of the parts was the shock/spring. If someone made flashcards with pics and names of various MC parts, I think I'd buy a pack. :laughing6
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:30 PM   #45
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow
Best Story Award..in my opinion..:laughing6

+1 on the story award. I think I just peed myself. :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:04 AM   #46
TeXasGiXXer

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2004 Suzuki GSX-R600
2009 Suzuki GSX-R750

Send a message via AIM to TeXasGiXXer
Wednesday, November 16, 2005

First Motorcycle Accident
Current mood: Shaky

Woah...

Today I was riding down FM 762 with a buddy of mine. We were just out doing a little riding, since neither of us had done any riding in a long while. FM762 is a farm road, where there are not any cars. Today there were two trucks. They were going really slow. My friend passed the two trucks and then I was going to pass the trucks, but I was not able to cause of the oncoming traffic. I waited and followed the trucks for about 2 miles. I finally got tired and passed the trucks at about 120 mph. I came up to a turn that had posted speed limit of 50 mph around turn. I slowed dramatically before the turn and then I was still going somewhat fast as I entered the turn. I slammed on the rear brake and it was not enough power to stop me before I went off the road. I went off the side of the road only going about 10 mph. The bike stopped almost instantly as I hit the grass. I got really lucky, cause my bike landed on the bank of the ditch and shoulder of the road. My bike has very minimal scratches and I can repair that with a little black touch up paint. I am extremely happy that nothing more happened to me or my bike. I need to get some track practice, so it can improve my riding as well as eliminate some of the errors that I may encounter.

2004 Suzuki GSX-R600
2009 Suzuki GSX-R750
TeXasGiXXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:05 AM   #47
loewer600
G-MAN

Bike(s):
'05 CBR600RR SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575
+1 on the story award. I think I just peed myself. :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
No thats almost unbelieveable..Funny as tho.:laughing6
loewer600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:39 AM   #48
TxSandman
My backpacks got jets

Bike(s):
05 Buell XB12R, 07 KLR650

About 10 yrs ago I had gotten used to riding my RM250 up my ramp and into my pickup bed, and found with a bit of gas, when the rear wheel hit the ramp,I could wheely all the way up into my ranger. You are probably thinking of a half a dozen ways this could go wrong, I linked a few of them together. I had been riding all day at rio bravo and the pits were full of people loading up, I went for my super cool loadup/wheely when about halfway up ,the ramp shot out from under the rear tire, the bike cased on my tailgate, and in slo-mo me and bike went over backwards, me landing on my and my RM landing on me. Damage report would be a small dent in my new fmf pipe and a bigger dent in my tailgate. I think about 50 people saw the whole thing, I was humiliated.
Yes,I now push my bikes up the ramp.
TxSandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:44 AM   #49
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

oh..

i stunted del's phiddy last ngiht shitfaced.. and didnt crash once... pretty odd being as i crash sober all the time..
Old 01-21-2007, 03:47 AM   #50
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
... at least u are ok and the bike is fine
Old 01-21-2007, 02:27 PM   #51
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

i almost dropped my bike once the first couple of weeks i had it. i needed to turn around and found a nice, wet carwash. i thought "what better place for a noob on a bike to turn around in!". so i did. i get to the intersection right after pulling out of the wash to make a right. totally oblivious that theres water at a carwash and, and that water makes things...oh, whats the word.....wet, i believe....i give the bike a bit too much gas for just such an occasion and it came out from underneath me. i go straight, then sideways to one side, then to the other, and where i almost lost it was when i came up to a curb. i managed to save it from laying down, cause im a ninja and all, but it was quite embarassing because there were TONS of cars stopped at the intersection waiting for the light to turn, and they each got to see the same show. blah.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:45 PM   #52
TLLuvr

Bike(s):
A few of them

I once stepped in a HUGE pile of dog sh*t while backing my bike up slipped fell in it got it all over my azz. Then put my hand in it when I was trying to slide out from under my bike.

Saw my then girlfriend (now wife) looking out the window at me laughing. So I got my bike up took off when i got to the stop sign I put my left foot down because there was a car and had all over it and dropped my bike again.

I then wiped my foot and made it home with no more mishaps except for the smell.
TLLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:32 PM   #53
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

ok you win.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:06 PM   #54
Red

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC
My first day of learning to ride (I was on a dirtbike) I tried to climb the back of the house. I made it about half way.
bro I'd like to see video of that one
Old 01-21-2007, 09:12 PM   #55
Red

Member Garage

I guess my worst moment was when I pull off to the shoulder of 105 for a minute to ask the group where they wanted to go next. I did this stop with the the no feet down just kind of kicked the stand down, stopped, and let the bike lean over on the stand that was the cool part. but when we all got our directions straight and I went to set my bike back up I then realized I was so close to the ditch,and that my right foot could no longer reach the ground and I guess you can figure out the rest:BangHead: :BangHead: . The Yellow R6 in my sig. was the one I dropped. I quicly picked it up and watched as my buddies almost dropped there bikes in uncontrolable laughture. Oh well it had to happen sooner or later I guess.

Last edited by Red; 01-21-2007 at 09:20 PM.

Advertisement