MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2007, 03:19 PM   #21
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

<--- this asshat dropped his bike in a parking lot a couple days after getting it... and i low sided at about 15 mph one day (alcohol involved..) i made it from katy to friendswood and pulling into my neighborhood i forgot what gear i was in... (thinking 2nd or 3rd..) and let the clutch out to fast and the back wheel slid out... no one was around though.. i just picked it up and drove home.. scratched mirror, bar end, pipe, and oil pump cover..

and i looped my phiddy on the street and my bike rear ended Scootertrash once....

I slid into anthony the other night while stunting..

i pretty much do something stupid on a regular basis...
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ghetto people at ihop, embarrassing!!! sullivan Off Topic 28 05-11-2015 08:07 PM
Embarrassing first fall ! :( BaylorNinja500 General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 03-24-2011 12:19 PM
Embarrassing Moto Related Moments BigComfy General Discussion (Moto Related) 44 10-27-2008 11:40 AM
What's your least favorite thing to ride your bike behind? blends General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 10-03-2008 11:23 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2007, 03:31 PM   #22
Vandals
Scooter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha r1
1981 Honda Trail 110 -"The Tank"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Scot
Him - (I think) What were you riding?
black ninja 250.. I havent been out there in a while
Vandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:31 PM   #23
Monkeylawyer

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CB 919

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RSVR
At least it's not a SS bike.

Glad you are ok! I had a similar oops riding in the rain when I started riding. I was able to pick the bike up myself thogh.. You did say you were a big guy right? Bikes aren't THAT hard to pick up.
Yeah, I'm sure I could've picked it up myself if I had to, there were just a bunch of cars staring at me, so I didn't want to drop it again. Oh well, lesson learned.
Monkeylawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:34 PM   #24
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha429
i dropped my bike going up a steep curb. stalled in the middle and neither foot could reach the ground. broke the clutch lever so i had to call a friend to bring a truck. boy was that embarassing.
On your new Honda?
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:37 PM   #25
Monkeylawyer

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CB 919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigolo Jason
:eh:

How much experience do you have?
I rode your mom last night . . . ba-zing!

Really though, thanks for your concern, and I too shake my head when a newbie asks for opinions on the R1 v. the Busa or whatever. I'm definitely taking it easy and riding within my ability, and I took the MSF course, so I'm not out there racing squids around 610 with my half-naked girlfriend on the back.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:41 PM   #26
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeylawyer

Really though, thanks for your concern, and I too shake my head when a newbie asks for opinions on the R1 v. the Busa or whatever. I'm definitely taking it easy and riding within my ability, and I took the MSF course, so I'm not out there racing squids around 610 with my half-naked girlfriend on the back.
Uncalled for.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 04:19 PM   #27
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeylawyer

wooot wooooott...

let me know when you are ready for the dark side

:laughing6

bring all your shoes..

I need soles man!!!
Old 01-20-2007, 04:42 PM   #28
Dr. Gonzo
BHCA...let's ride!!!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

This reminds me of my first parking lot drop. I was in a hurry(needed to use the rest room) pulled in the parking spot at the gas station and stalled. It was more of a controlled lowering of the bike on it's side, if you will :icon_bigg

and then there was the one time when I was parking at work and lost my footing, another instance of controlled lowering.

and then getting use to the not so tight turning radius of my ducati, another controlled lowering.

and the one time at the track where I forgot to completely lower my kickstand, I wouldn't really call that a controlled lowering move, more of a drop but it happens.

Oh man I could go on but I won't, you've allready taken the msf course now you just need the seat time.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:43 PM   #29
Buck Nasty
-playboy-

Bike(s):

rofl, not bad at all.. have any of those moments yet where you come to stop at a light and go to put your foot down but your pants get caught on your peg and down you go? you even get time to get out a small string of 4 letter words.
Buck Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 04:49 PM   #30
Tumper
Hullo

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2004 Speed Triple SE
01 KLR650,
93 Dyna Wide Glide
11 BMW F800GS
Cannondale F-4...

Don't worry Monkey, there will be plenty more...just pick it up and try to look cool about it....LOL
Old 01-20-2007, 05:07 PM   #31
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Too bad nobody stopped to help you for that amount of time..
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:19 PM   #32
wever411
Gunt Puncher

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 3 years

2 kinds of bikers: Those that have gone down and those that will go down...no matter how careful you are.

You are now part of "Those that have"
wever411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:26 PM   #33
IndyRC
Mutant

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
None

My first day of learning to ride (I was on a dirtbike) I tried to climb the back of the house. I made it about half way.
IndyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:10 PM   #34
pigpen
Radiator Wrecker

Bike(s):
2000 ZX-12R

I only had my GPZ for a few days when I dropped it on it's side trying to get it on the center stand for the first time.
Also dropped my Bandit in the grass after forgetting to remove the front wheel lock - almost got a full revolution out of the front tire, before the immediate stop.

BTW - I really like the looks of the 919's. Almost bought a red one last year.

There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about!!!
pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:11 PM   #35
loewer600
G-MAN

Bike(s):
'05 CBR600RR SOLD

I dropped mine in a parking lot...NO kickstand...Felt like a dumbass
loewer600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:40 PM   #36
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by loewer600
I dropped mine in a parking lot...NO kickstand...Felt like a dumbass

I did the same thing, with a 20 pack of longnecks on the tank. I just tried to put it on the sidestand - but I hadn't put the stand down. I saved the beers though. Now I won't drink and ride.
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:49 PM   #37
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

I was 18 when I got my first street bike, and at the time I was working at a Churches chicken shack in the ol' hometown. It was Saturday night, and I was on my way to a party hauling upwards of a 100 or so pieces of chicken tied up in plastic bags. I lost it in a corner (not sure if the chicken all shifted too fast, I hit gravel or what), but it was in the main part of town.

I fell on top of and skidded along with one of the bags;the greasy mess probably saved me a bit of skin though it hurt. The rest of the bags broke and chicken and biscuits rolled everywhere. I stumbled up and just stood there in shock for a second, staring. Without really thinking, I started picking up chicken, but there was no place to put it, so I just dropped it. Humilated, I decided to bolt and must have been a sight trying to lever the bike up with my greasy hands and all the, now empty, plastic bags tied to my beltloops and backback. There were a few people who offered to help, but I kept refusing.

I got around the corner, ditched the remaining chicken from under the bungee net and went to the party. Later that night a group came in laughing because they'd passed an intersection where it seemed every stray dog and cat within a 2 mile radius was having a feast.
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:56 PM   #38
pigpen
Radiator Wrecker

Bike(s):
2000 ZX-12R

Great story :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:03 PM   #39
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
I had the rear door on the garage open overnight and the garage floor had dew on it (one of the perils living on the water and having fog creep in overnight). I moved the car out (bike was behind it as it is a tandem garage). Bike was facing the rear, so I commence my multi-point turn to get it facing out. Next thing I know the front tire starts slipping and I am struggling to keep her up. My shoes are now slipping and I rest her down on the side. I was for a second, then laughed it off as it must have been comical to watch.

A couple weeks later I pull it in front of the car and park at a 90 degree angle from the door. Later on that night I get on to go out and as I straighten it up my leg touches the car and I realize that the right fairing is scraping against the tow hook on the car. Stupid aftermarket tow hooks...

Riaz

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:44 PM   #40
Monkeylawyer

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CB 919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mala Lingua
I was 18 when I got my first street bike, and at the time I was working at a Churches chicken shack in the ol' hometown. It was Saturday night, and I was on my way to a party hauling upwards of a 100 or so pieces of chicken tied up in plastic bags. I lost it in a corner (not sure if the chicken all shifted too fast, I hit gravel or what), but it was in the main part of town.

I fell on top of and skidded along with one of the bags;the greasy mess probably saved me a bit of skin though it hurt. The rest of the bags broke and chicken and biscuits rolled everywhere. I stumbled up and just stood there in shock for a second, staring. Without really thinking, I started picking up chicken, but there was no place to put it, so I just dropped it. Humilated, I decided to bolt and must have been a sight trying to lever the bike up with my greasy hands and all the, now empty, plastic bags tied to my beltloops and backback. There were a few people who offered to help, but I kept refusing.

I got around the corner, ditched the remaining chicken from under the bungee net and went to the party. Later that night a group came in laughing because they'd passed an intersection where it seemed every stray dog and cat within a 2 mile radius was having a feast.
Awesome story. I bet you smelled pretty interesting after that.

Advertisement