MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2012, 06:49 AM   #81
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

oh, well, what ever... I will be eating CFA at a company luncheon today... and who knows maybe make it to CFA for the meet tonight...which means I will eat more CFA today than i have in the last 15 years. the call for boycott and the call for support will each have some support, guess we just wait and see which one gets the better support from the public.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free Chick-Fil-A Tomorrow Donte Off Topic 10 07-11-2013 11:44 PM
Chick-fil- A?? NewRider The Circus 221 08-02-2012 09:40 PM
Chick Fil A meet (LUNCH) THIS FRIDAY 7-10-2009 Solracer Off Topic 4 07-06-2009 03:53 PM
Chick-fil-a lovers: gem Off Topic 16 08-13-2008 03:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2012, 07:29 AM   #82
LCLF Brain
Mamaaaa! Yeah, mama!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2014 stage 4 Street Glide
2011 Heritage Softail (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
One Million Moms protests against JC Pennys, Oreos, the GAP... Yep. Never happens.
Oh wow, the dozens of actual moms calling themselves a million managing to make the blogosphere and none of the mainstream media... oooooo, THERE is a threat to civil rights...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
When you believe in something that infringes on equal treatment of another under the eyes of the law then perhaps your beliefs need an evaluation.
You missed the part where I said I do not support his position, but I ABSOLUTELY support his right to his religion and his right to state his position, so long as it's done without hate, without vitriol. And he did so. Nothing he said was ugly or demeaning. The reaction to what he said has been much more hateful than anything he actually said. Talk about a manufactured controversy.

Two questions for you... Do YOU support those mayors who are trying to keep Chik-Fil-A from opening stores in their cities, after this controversy? Do YOU think this is a legitimate use of government power? Because if you do, then by proxy you must accept that Christian communities can then use government to prevent other businesses from operating on the basis of their morality. Helloooo, thought police.

Secondly... Has this big blow up actually hurt Chik-Fil-A? Do you actually think Chik-Fil-A is going to lose sales as a result of all this, or that people who support Constitutional rights will go there even more?
LCLF Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:57 AM   #83
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCLF Brain View Post
Oh wow, the dozens of actual moms calling themselves a million managing to make the blogosphere and none of the mainstream media... oooooo, THERE is a threat to civil rights...
" You don't see Christians going apeshit over gays and/or companies making THOSE contributions."

You made a statement. I replied. If you want to move the goalpost afterwards that's fine.

Quote:
You missed the part where I said I do not support his position, but I ABSOLUTELY support his right to his religion and his right to state his position, so long as it's done without hate, without vitriol. And he did so. Nothing he said was ugly or demeaning. The reaction to what he said has been much more hateful than anything he actually said. Talk about a manufactured controversy.
He helps fund a lobby group that manufactures reports linking something he doesn't agree with to pedophilia. I'd say there is a fair amount of vitriol.

Quote:
Two questions for you... Do YOU support those mayors who are trying to keep Chik-Fil-A from opening stores in their cities, after this controversy? Do YOU think this is a legitimate use of government power? Because if you do, then by proxy you must accept that Christian communities can then use government to prevent other businesses from operating on the basis of their morality. Helloooo, thought police.
I already answered about the mayors in the other thread on this subject.

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=68
Quote:
I think the politicians getting involved is bullshit too and agree with you there. The mayor is grandstanding and his voters should hold him accountable when the time comes.
My opinion and understanding of the issue are not contradictory no matter what side the jackassery comes from. You can ask me more FOX News style questions is you want though.

Quote:
Secondly... Has this big blow up actually hurt Chik-Fil-A? Do you actually think Chik-Fil-A is going to lose sales as a result of all this, or that people who support Constitutional rights will go there even more?
I don't see there being any immediate detrimental effects to the company based on the current flow of events. I also don't see how that observation has anything to do with understanding what is actually going on and not being party to the idiocy from either side of the controversy.

Do you believe any of his rights are being infringed upon? I'm not talking about media or politician grandstanding. I'm talking legitimate action against his rights. So far the only infringement involved in this entire situation is coming from the lobby group he financially supports.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #84
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Looks like I'm out...

Wife just called and said she is tied up at work and won't be home till 7:30-8 which means I'm stuck here with the kids.

!!

Can't make it to my own meet.

Sorry guy's.........
Old 08-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #85
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Awww man...come out after anyways.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #86
VicTOEmizer

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Awww man...come out after anyways.
I'm going to try. I haven't seen some of you guys in a while.

Sucks....
Old 08-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #87
mx6er

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
TL1KR
street legal xr50

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc51rider View Post
Looks like I'm out...

Wife just called and said she is tied up at work and won't be home till 7:30-8 which means I'm stuck here with the kids.

!!

Can't make it to my own meet.

Sorry guy's.........
its not like we were expecting you to show up anyway
mx6er is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #88
dinosaur
Retired in place

Bike(s):
'05 Zx6-R (636)Sold

I'm protesting Kib, he is trying to confuse us with facts! as always
CMRA #414
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:11 PM   #89
jimmy the gent
wich u gon do?

Experience: 7 years

That is okay. I couldn't make it and wanted to. Had two modes of transportation needing work (car) and bike (which I was changing exhaust on).
jimmy the gent is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement