MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2012, 03:36 PM   #61
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

I support all of your gay rights guys, I just don't want to be seen with y'all.

IMAG1090
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free Chick-Fil-A Tomorrow Donte Off Topic 10 07-11-2013 11:44 PM
Chick-fil- A?? NewRider The Circus 221 08-02-2012 09:40 PM
Chick Fil A meet (LUNCH) THIS FRIDAY 7-10-2009 Solracer Off Topic 4 07-06-2009 03:53 PM
Chick-fil-a lovers: gem Off Topic 16 08-13-2008 03:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2012, 03:44 PM   #62
Horn09

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

I'll just hit up the one on 646.
Horn09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:46 PM   #63
SilverBullet

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere
2011 Husqvarna TE630
2003 KTM 200EXC
2002 KTM 300EXC
1974 Suzuki TM400

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAX View Post
Hey RC51 and Emt Aggie, afterwards round 9, i know a great place to sing Karaoke...

The funny thing is its a lesbian bar!!! Show your support for Chick Fil A, and show that we still love and will happily sing with them.

BTW i have been going the past 2 weeks, uh its pretty bad . definitely not a sausage fest.
It's still a sausage fest, its just that most of the sausages are there in disguise as fingers and tongues. hahaha

_
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:56 PM   #64
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
The reaction is in response to the 2-3million dollars a year he pumps into the lobby group FRC. This is not about his opinion. It as about the action he is taking to enforce that opinion on others through government lobbying.

Be informed.
I take it you're not going Kib?
Old 07-31-2012, 04:04 PM   #65
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

The problem with that Kib, is that lobbying for what you believe in is common place in this country, he has done nothing that the folks protesting him have not done themselves...he has a legal right to do what he did... if they do not like it, they need to stop doing it themselves and work on laws dealing with restricting the rights of americans to spend money to support their personal beliefs. it is kind of asking which pot is the blackest.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:44 PM   #66
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
It's still a sausage fest, its just that most of the sausages are there in disguise as fingers and tongues. hahaha

_
still fun to look at. dem girls are wild!
TMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:51 PM   #67
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbones View Post
chik-fil-a and their stance on anything. I only ever want it on Sundays. And why should anyone give a flying what a restaurant owner thinks? Cook my food; I'm not paying you to hear your political and religious beliefs, I'm paying for knock off KFC battered nuggets...but now that KFC has their Original recipie bites, I'll be avoiding chick-fil-a so that I'm not creamed in the parking lot by some stupid zanaxed, zolofted soccer mom driving by herself in her Denali.
this guy wins!
Old 07-31-2012, 06:21 PM   #68
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc51rider View Post
I take it you're not going Kib?
No. Don't really like the food. I don't care about protests one way or the other either, but at least people can take the time to actually be informed about what is really going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
The problem with that Kib, is that lobbying for what you believe in is common place in this country, he has done nothing that the folks protesting him have not done themselves...he has a legal right to do what he did... if they do not like it, they need to stop doing it themselves and work on laws dealing with restricting the rights of americans to spend money to support their personal beliefs. it is kind of asking which pot is the blackest.
I understand that lobbying is legal and acceptable. I'm not naive enough to believe that it isn't beneficial in some cases too.

I also understand there is a significant difference between lobbying for the right to be treated equally and lobbying against someone receiving equal treatment. Blurring the difference is what allows these bags to continue hiding behind the shield of religious freedom while they force feed that belief in the form of law to everyone else.

You don't like gay people getting married? Fine. Believe that will burn them in for it? Fine.

Believe that you should spend millions of dollars on a lobbyist group to keep two people from equal recognition in the eyes of the law based only on your religious belief? All while feigning offense that your right to religious freedom is being attacked? Including having your lobby group fabricate "research papers" that link your sexual preference to pedophilia?

Yes to all of those? you. You're a piece of .
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:13 PM   #69
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
The reaction is in response to the 2-3million dollars a year he pumps into the lobby group FRC. This is not about his opinion. It as about the action he is taking to enforce that opinion on others through government lobbying.

Be informed.
Did he just start pumping 2-3 million dollars into the lobby group or has this been going on already?
Old 07-31-2012, 07:18 PM   #70
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Did he just start pumping 2-3 million dollars into the lobby group or has this been going on already?
Confirmed since 2010. I've read that it goes back longer, but nothing I've researched enough to confidently attest to.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:24 PM   #71
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Confirmed since 2010. I've read that it goes back longer, but nothing I've researched enough to confidently attest to.
So would it be fair to say that all these protests are because of his recent comment regardless of where his money's been going before this?
Old 07-31-2012, 07:36 PM   #72
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
So would it be fair to say that all these protests are because of his recent comment regardless of where his money's been going before this?
His recent comments brought more light to issues that have been going on for a while. Are there idiots on FB trumpeting a protest based solely on his comments with no awareness of his affiliation to FRC? Absolutely. Just like there are idiots on FB trumpeting defense of Cathy's freedom of religion. A solid sampling of that idiocy is present here.

That doesn't change the facts of what is really going on. A quick browsing of the comments section on any news site article will show that people are well aware of the truth despite any media spin one way or the other. Buying into media headline spin is foolish and ill informed even if it's spin you agree with.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:36 PM   #73
pwned

Bike(s):
07 gixxer 750

Had me some CFA today, and i must say no1 is boycotting them.
was packed. 3 full lines on drive thru, and a nice long line inside.
pwned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:41 PM   #74
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
I support all of your gay rights guys, I just don't want to be seen with y'all.

IMAG1090
No waffle fries?

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:46 PM   #75
LCLF Brain
Mamaaaa! Yeah, mama!

Bike(s):
2014 stage 4 Street Glide
2011 Heritage Softail (sold)

Quote:

Be informed.
It's his money, bro. He can do whatever he wants with it, just like the millions of gays pushing money into getting gay marriage passed, because they believe in it. You don't see Christians going apeshit over gays and/or companies making THOSE contributions.

I am quite informed, thanks.
LCLF Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:20 PM   #76
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
No waffle fries?
I'M FAT ALRIGHT!!!

Old 07-31-2012, 10:26 PM   #77
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
His recent comments brought more light to issues that have been going on for a while. Are there idiots on FB trumpeting a protest based solely on his comments with no awareness of his affiliation to FRC? Absolutely.
Hate to say it, but in today's "Like" and "Share this" America... the above hi-lighted comments are all that matters. Is anyone else talking about where the other fast food president's money goes to? Is that a topic you keep up with also? Would you be able to regurgitate those statistics? Or do you just happen to know Cathy's affiliation due to his recent comments?

I guess the point I'm trying to make is... all your facts are fine and dandy, but the truth of the matter is.. it was that fateful little sound clip that brought all this on. Had he not said that, it would have been business as usual.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #78
Wawazat?!
Chuck my Norris

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'09 Aprilia RS125
'05 Honda "Fiddy"
'09 R1 (sold)
'07 gixxer 750 (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
No waffle fries?
They weren't "straight" enough for him.
Wawazat?! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:06 AM   #79
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCLF Brain View Post
It's his money, bro. He can do whatever he wants with it, just like the millions of gays pushing money into getting gay marriage passed, because they believe in it. You don't see Christians going apeshit over gays and/or companies making THOSE contributions.

I am quite informed, thanks.
One Million Moms protests against JC Pennys, Oreos, the GAP... Yep. Never happens.

When you believe in something that infringes on equal treatment of another under the eyes of the law then perhaps your beliefs need an evaluation.

Quote:
Hate to say it, but in today's "Like" and "Share this" America... the above hi-lighted comments are all that matters. Is anyone else talking about where the other fast food president's money goes to? Is that a topic you keep up with also? Would you be able to regurgitate those statistics? Or do you just happen to know Cathy's affiliation due to his recent comments?
It is all that matters to those who don't bother to pay attention, but once you know the facts how can you simply ignore them? Is retorting with "well those people are dumb too" really a valid defense? When you're presented with shoddy media attention of a controversial action don't you get the urge to find out more about it? How can people here continuously complain about the laziness of our society when they demonstrate the exact same behavior so willingly?

Other social media sites are talking about where his money is going. People who pay attention have known for years. I read about his contributions some time early last year when I came across a small article that mentioned the Family Research Center. Would I have been able to restate the exact numbers involved without going back and reading again? No.

Quote:
I guess the point I'm trying to make is... all your facts are fine and dandy, but the truth of the matter is.. it was that fateful little sound clip that brought all this on. Had he not said that, it would have been business as usual.
Gotcha. Nobody really likes facts when it highlights ugly behavior that they agree with.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:15 AM   #80
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwned View Post
Had me some CFA today, and i must say no1 is boycotting them.
was packed. 3 full lines on drive thru, and a nice long line inside.
I agree with you... Chick-fil-a is going to be just fine financially. The few people who might actually boycott them or are calling for boycott already don't go there.

P.S. I support free speech in all its forms. Both Cathy's right to say what he said and also the right for all those that were so dramatically outraged to say what they want. Then again I support all of you who re outraged by the outrage. ...and all those who are outraged by your outrage of the initial outrage of Cathy's statements. Phew, starts to seem a little silly hen you say it like that.......

I never eat CFA because the lines are to long and I hate any establishment that is closed on Sundays. Forsome reason that is the only time I ever want a chicken biscuit.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Hail; 08-01-2012 at 06:33 AM.
Hail is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement