MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #21
bluepine

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoeffect View Post
You would think a world class track will have great camping as well. Hopefully by the motogp
Just spoke to Circuit of the Americas. They will roll out plan for Campers and Trailers within the next couple of days and post it online.
However, they hinted me that it will most likely be a yearly contract deal. Asked them about motorcycle parking. They are deciding on that issue and releasing plan within the next couple of weeks. For now, they are planning to make the onsite bicycle parking lot available for motorcycles. In that case, i am planning to bring my Toy hauler/travel trailer, and camp at a near state park, and ride the motorcycle to the track. That would be my best option as well. I can stay another day and do the Twisted sisters before coming back to Houston.
For those who didnt get to go to the grand prix Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 05-15-2006 09:41 AM
taste of GRAND PRIX dotcom Off Topic 19 05-12-2006 11:32 AM
# to grand prix?? KiNG $h!T General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 10-08-2005 08:33 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #22
speedoeffect

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepine View Post
For now, they are planning to make the onsite bicycle parking lot available for motorcycles. In that case, i am planning to bring my Toy hauler/travel trailer, and camp at a near state park, and ride the motorcycle to the track. That would be my best option as well. I can stay another day and do the Twisted sisters before coming back to Houston.
Good news! Thanks for the info. We were thinking about throwing a scooter in the back of the truck. Going to do that for sure now. I'm not above lane splitting through the traffic jam.
speedoeffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:45 AM   #23
Soldaten

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2010 BMW F800 ST
YZ250 (sold)
BMW E30 Race Car
LeMons Race Car (burned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepine View Post
Just spoke to Circuit of the Americas. They will roll out plan for Campers and Trailers within the next couple of days and post it online.
However, they hinted me that it will most likely be a yearly contract deal. Asked them about motorcycle parking. They are deciding on that issue and releasing plan within the next couple of weeks. For now, they are planning to make the onsite bicycle parking lot available for motorcycles. In that case, i am planning to bring my Toy hauler/travel trailer, and camp at a near state park, and ride the motorcycle to the track. That would be my best option as well. I can stay another day and do the Twisted sisters before coming back to Houston.
We originally envisioned our group taking a RV and camping, with me riding my M/C to the track to meet the group. With this being the inaugural race, there are bound to be hiccups. (long waits, traffic jams, short tempers, etc.)

So the plan now, for this year, is ride the bus, get the lay of the land and hope things get better as more events take place at COA

The camping at Le Mans is done on a race by race basis and a typical camping spot (enough for one car & two mediums tents) cost roughly $110. We were hoping for something similar.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #24
xtelevisionset
Think Fast

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki GS500 2002

As much as I would love to watch the whole track, I might get GA tickets and go alone. Even that is a stretch right now. Saving money for other stuff sucks. I might just do the motor bikecamping thing myself or perhaps put it in my truckbed if I do end up going.

If I do it'll be my first time at a track.

On a side note, what's the deal with the tire change rule in GP2? They're making everybody change on lap 6? I understand the tires don't wear as quick and the races are shorter so a tire change isn't quite necessary, this kind of eliminates tire strategy though. One could conserve their tires for the whole race and another could produce nonstop quick laps yet risk losing time for the change and also something catastrophic could happen in the pits.

Now I think they have 3 sets of tires that they MUST use. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think those are the new rules.

Until I'm parking in an ally just hoping that my is safe.

Last edited by xtelevisionset; 07-23-2012 at 01:14 PM.
xtelevisionset is offline   Reply With Quote