MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
01 R6 Hesitation on Acceleration

Hey guys; trying to gather some information about a concern I'll be looking into on a bike soon.

01 R6 has a hesitation when accelerating to mid throttle or greater at a cruising speed/rpm from the beginning of the torque curve up when rolling into it at a less then mild speed.

The hesitation feels like a lapse of acceleration then the bike hits hard. Runs fine; not a misfire or anything. Almost acting like a TPS open signal or what would contribute to a lack of an accelerator pump. However the issue does occur at different percentages of throttle request as well(not ruling out the TPS until I sweep it.) From my field Im speculating an unmetered air leak or mixture situation; tail pipe does smell a little rich but not excessive like it was before. The intake tracts (air mufflers) were utilized for the xenon set up; to make sure the lack of volume wasnt a problem I removed the runners and rode it, problem remained. I'll have to check with her but I believe I was told the situation is minimal at colder ambient conditions; which would go right back to mixture issues.

The bike had starting issues prior from previous owner with a slip on and significant miles to consider. Carbs were cleaned and a jet kit installed with proper jets/adjustment for a slip on application only. Hesitation still remains.

Until then, she's gonna keep riding it cuz it runs just fine and refuses to let me work on it in stages since it would be down lol.

Looking for some ideas/known issues seen. Forums are not very forgiving by the R6 owners; most like to throw coils at it/not respond to the issues or apparently most live with it.

My plans, when I finish up a different car project is to:

1) check TPS
2) smoke out the system/make sure no vacuum leaks downstream the carbs(idles fine.)
3) resync/chk pilot adj

Thx for reading and suggestions from your experience.