MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
Whoop
Mobile Bike Service!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
gsxr 1000

AMA Superbikes now on American Dunlop Slicks!

The Dunlop USA Made KR449 N-Tec slick was a standout performer in Superbike races over the weekend. Riders at the Mid-Ohio AMA National presented by Dunlop made their preference for Dunlop’s USA Made N-Tec slick known by choosing it in AMA Superbike races where UK Made N-Tecs have traditionally dominated.

Riders were given the choice between the two and overwhelmingly selected the USA made tire, basing their choice on the tire’s overall superior durability and faster lap times compared to its UK counterpart.

One rider who saw exceptional results from the tire is Monster Energy/Graves/Yamaha rider Josh Hayes. Hayes had a perfect weekend on the tire, winning his seventh consecutive pole position and coming out on top in both Saturday and Sunday’s races.

In his qualifying race, Hayes got the pole with a 1:25.364 using the KR449 USA N-Tec on his Yamaha YZF-R1. In race 1 he dominated the field by over five seconds at the checked flag. But the fastest lap of the day was Roger Lee Hayden with a 1:25.278 on his Jordan Suzuki during his epic battle with Hayes in race 2, which bested even Josh Hayes’s pole position qualifying time.

Hayes’ teammate, Josh Herrin, also raced on the tire and was happy with its performance. He experimented with the tire during his qualifying race and was so impressed with the speed improvements that he made the switch.

“We tried a different tire to see what we we’re going to go with for the race, and I was able to go a little bit faster than yesterday, so I think we’re going to use that one. It felt pretty good around here this morning,” Herrin said before the race.

Dunlop Tires is the largest supplier of original equipment and replacement motorcycle tires in the U.S. and the only manufacturer of motorcycle tires in North America. With North American operations headquartered in Buffalo, NY, Dunlop has been making and selling high– quality tires in the U.S. since 1923.

Last edited by Whoop; 07-18-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Whoop is offline   Reply With Quote