MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
adrenalinjunky
Senior Member
 
adrenalinjunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Freeport
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 549

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 kawi 636(Main squeeze)
04 crf50(The mistress)
03 636(sold)




difference in bbr 88 kit

Ok so im just lind of looking around at kits and ive found the bbr kit for 100$ and for 600$ and seems to include the same things...my question is whats the difference amd is the cheaper one worth putting on.

http://www.trondeal.com/pds/Bbr-88Cc...tml?pid=176365

Cheap one. ^^^

http://www.bbrmotorsports.com/Produc...d=411-HXR-5400

Not so cheap ^^^
adrenalinjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
88 kit for xr 50 adamwedge Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 30 04-13-2012 02:24 AM
BBR big bar questions GrayJ Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 13 07-04-2011 04:27 PM
88 kit help!?! TheMagicMan Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 36 03-20-2008 01:18 AM
bbr forks long travel crf50 ANTISOCIAL Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 12 01-10-2008 04:38 PM
bbr gold triple clamp stunt-r Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 8 07-22-2007 10:52 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
kdog22
Wheelie it son..
 
kdog22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: spring
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,533

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage





There's GOT to be something up with that cheaper kit. There's NO way that kit with all those parts is selling for that cheap and with free shipping.. Has to be some kind of error.

If it's accurate, that's one of a deal.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
fkn kdogg just started staring at me like i'm bout to jump off this bike and murder some dave c. i was thinkin ok lets see what i did to this man to make him hate me and how fast can i run
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:18 AM   #3
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul
 
kibitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Katy, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 10,457

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)







If it's actually $100 then it's a great deal. Too great. Be suspicious.

The other listing isn't $600 though. It's $350. Which is more of what I've seen from the BBR kit pricing.

If the $100 deal doesn't pan out you should talk to Chad(Magicman) about ordering a Trail Bikes 88 kit. Just about everyone I know with an 88 kit is running the TB kits. Parts are cheap and they hold up well. Unless you're planning on building a race motor with high dollar Takegawa parts the TB stuff is the way to go.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER
 
jetcycles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ShoreAcres
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 12,023

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50



Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If it's actually $100 then it's a great deal. Too great. Be suspicious.

The other listing isn't $600 though. It's $350. Which is more of what I've seen from the BBR kit pricing.

If the $100 deal doesn't pan out you should talk to Chad(Magicman) about ordering a Trail Bikes 88 kit. Just about everyone I know with an 88 kit is running the TB kits. Parts are cheap and they hold up well. Unless you're planning on building a race motor with high dollar Takegawa parts the TB stuff is the way to go.
I had a TrailBikes 134 bbk in my KLX110 and never had an issue with it, and that bike was beat on by everyone I know. There is no need to pay $$$ for big name parts unless you are in an ultra competitive race class with strict governing rules and money is no object.
__________________
I understand the consequences of my actions prior to engaging in those actions. . .there are certain situations in life where the risk is totally worth the reward.
jetcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #5
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul
 
kibitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Katy, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 10,457

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)







Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
I had a TrailBikes 134 bbk in my KLX110 and never had an issue with it, and that bike was beat on by everyone I know. There is no need to pay $$$ for big name parts unless you are in an ultra competitive race class with strict governing rules and money is no object.
I saw somewhere that TB has a new roller rocker race head for a few applications. Looks like they're keeping the price down while upping their game even more.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #6
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER
 
jetcycles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ShoreAcres
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 12,023

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50



Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
I saw somewhere that TB has a new roller rocker race head for a few applications. Looks like they're keeping the price down while upping their game even more.
I was going to mention the importance of a better head but didn't because the OP never mentioned one, nor did his links. TB always seems to support what the market demands. At 6'1" I always preferred a midsized mini as the 50's feel too cramped to me. I wish I still had my mini motard/stunt 110.
__________________
I understand the consequences of my actions prior to engaging in those actions. . .there are certain situations in life where the risk is totally worth the reward.
jetcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #7
TomballD
Senior Member
 
TomballD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 8,633

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80






Plus one on TB, great products for the money.
TomballD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #8
rob78
. . . . . . . . .
 
rob78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Katy/Cypress
Feedback Rating: (10)
Posts: 6,268

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was









Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
I saw somewhere that TB has a new roller rocker race head for a few applications. Looks like they're keeping the price down while upping their game even more.
Terry @ firepowerminis
__________________
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:11 AM   #9
rob78
. . . . . . . . .
 
rob78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Katy/Cypress
Feedback Rating: (10)
Posts: 6,268

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was









filephp?id94
__________________
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:21 AM   #10
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul
 
kibitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Katy, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 10,457

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)







Dammit Rob, this is not healthy for my checking account balance.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #11
kdog22
Wheelie it son..
 
kdog22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: spring
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,533

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
filephp?id94
That look purdy..
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
fkn kdogg just started staring at me like i'm bout to jump off this bike and murder some dave c. i was thinkin ok lets see what i did to this man to make him hate me and how fast can i run
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #12
adrenalinjunky
Senior Member
 
adrenalinjunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Freeport
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 549

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 kawi 636(Main squeeze)
04 crf50(The mistress)
03 636(sold)




Ok so the 100$ kit is bogus but i did find the bbr ftp big bore kit for 179 at motorcyclesuperstore. But i am just using this as a play bike maybe stunt a little but nothing crazy so what would b my best bet for the money? The tb, bbr or the kit rob just showed a pic of? And if i get one of these kits for what im doing do i need the new fuel pump and clutch springs i keep hearing about? Or any other parts in general... thanks for all the quick replies!
adrenalinjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #13
kdog22
Wheelie it son..
 
kdog22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: spring
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,533

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalinjunky View Post
Ok so the 100$ kit is bogus but i did find the bbr ftp big bore kit for 179 at motorcyclesuperstore. But i am just using this as a play bike maybe stunt a little but nothing crazy so what would b my best bet for the money? The tb, bbr or the kit rob just showed a pic of? And if i get one of these kits for what im doing do i need the new fuel pump and clutch springs i keep hearing about? Or any other parts in general... thanks for all the quick replies!
Many of the 88cc kits come with everything you need including the new carb, upgraded oil pump (I believe that's what you were thinking about). You may not need to upgrade the clutch springs but they are cheap so why not upgrade while you're at it?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
fkn kdogg just started staring at me like i'm bout to jump off this bike and murder some dave c. i was thinkin ok lets see what i did to this man to make him hate me and how fast can i run
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #14
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul
 
kibitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Katy, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 10,457

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)







Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalinjunky View Post
Ok so the 100$ kit is bogus but i did find the bbr ftp big bore kit for 179 at motorcyclesuperstore. But i am just using this as a play bike maybe stunt a little but nothing crazy so what would b my best bet for the money? The tb, bbr or the kit rob just showed a pic of? And if i get one of these kits for what im doing do i need the new fuel pump and clutch springs i keep hearing about? Or any other parts in general... thanks for all the quick replies!
TB Stage2 88 kit.
http://tboltusa.com/store/tb-88cc-bi...kes-p-396.html

Carbed bike, no fuel pump. HD clutch springs wouldn't hurt, but so far my 50 is holding up just fine with the stock springs. Figure I'll replace them when the time comes.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #15
adrenalinjunky
Senior Member
 
adrenalinjunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Freeport
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 549

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 kawi 636(Main squeeze)
04 crf50(The mistress)
03 636(sold)




Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
I was going to mention the importance of a better head but didn't because the OP never mentioned one, nor did his links. TB always seems to support what the market demands. At 6'1" I always preferred a midsized mini as the 50's feel too cramped to me. I wish I still had my mini motard/stunt 110.
Im also pretty tall(6'2") but ive got big bars and seat raised so its not too bad for me for now. Lol do u think i need a bigger head to run the 88 properly witgout it having issues?
adrenalinjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #16
adrenalinjunky
Senior Member
 
adrenalinjunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Freeport
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 549

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 kawi 636(Main squeeze)
04 crf50(The mistress)
03 636(sold)




Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
TB Stage2 88 kit.
http://tboltusa.com/store/tb-88cc-bi...kes-p-396.html

Carbed bike, no fuel pump. HD clutch springs wouldn't hurt, but so far my 50 is holding up just fine with the stock springs. Figure I'll replace them when the time comes.
Sorry i meant oil pump! thats one way to sound like an idiot. Lol my bad
adrenalinjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #17
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER
 
jetcycles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ShoreAcres
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 12,023

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50



Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalinjunky View Post
Im also pretty tall(6'2") but ive got big bars and seat raised so its not too bad for me for now. Lol do u think i need a bigger head to run the 88 properly witgout it having issues?
Absolutely not, I did not intend to imply that whatsoever, especially not for a play bike. Get the lit Kibitzer linked and go to town.
__________________
I understand the consequences of my actions prior to engaging in those actions. . .there are certain situations in life where the risk is totally worth the reward.
jetcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #18
adrenalinjunky
Senior Member
 
adrenalinjunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Freeport
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 549

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 kawi 636(Main squeeze)
04 crf50(The mistress)
03 636(sold)




Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
Many of the 88cc kits come with everything you need including the new carb, upgraded oil pump (I believe that's what you were thinking about). You may not need to upgrade the clutch springs but they are cheap so why not upgrade while you're at it?
Good point about the clutch springs... and most if the kits ive seen do have everying except oil pump upgrade, they just recomend that u get it since ur already in the motor
adrenalinjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:51 AM   #19
adrenalinjunky
Senior Member
 
adrenalinjunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Freeport
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 549

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 kawi 636(Main squeeze)
04 crf50(The mistress)
03 636(sold)




Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
TB Stage2 88 kit.
http://tboltusa.com/store/tb-88cc-bi...kes-p-396.html

Carbed bike, no fuel pump. HD clutch springs wouldn't hurt, but so far my 50 is holding up just fine with the stock springs. Figure I'll replace them when the time comes.
Awesome! Thanks ill b ordering this in the next week.
adrenalinjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #20
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul
 
kibitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Katy, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 10,457

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)







Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalinjunky View Post
Awesome! Thanks ill b ordering this in the next week.
PM Magicman. He has a vendor account with TB. He may be able to get you the kit at a better price. And it doesn't hurt to get to know someone that can build one of these engines blindfolded.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy