Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|08-15-2016, 09:57 PM||#41|
Join Date: Aug 2016
Feedback Rating: (0)
I'm looking into this mod for my FZ6R, just wondering if you have any issues with bumps in the road, does it make the front fender hit at all?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Sold the FZ6R, got me something else||1308cc||General Discussion (Moto Related)||27||09-08-2012 06:06 PM|
|650R vs. Fz6R||grsa||General Discussion (Moto Related)||3||07-16-2012 10:20 AM|
|is my wife ready for a fz6r?||flip326||General Discussion (Moto Related)||25||04-01-2012 07:56 PM|
|08-17-2016, 06:24 AM||#42|
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sienna Plantation, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Experience: 4 years
2003 Suzuki SV650 (track bike)
2016 Ducati Monster 821 Dark
2012 Yamaha FZ6R (SOLD)
I ended up doing this modification to my FZ6R and really wish I hadn't, to be honest.
Here's a list of my grievances:
1) The handling was completely different.
2) The levers ran into the windshield at full turn.
3) The levers had to be angled back to avoid running into the front fairing/nose piece, but still ran into the windshield after they were adjusted (not the most natural/comfortable position).
4) With relocating the master cylinder, it seemed to put a lot of strain on the brake line...I never had any issues with it, but it definitely concerned me.
5) I did this mod to try and make the most of the bike since I was mainly doing track days on it. The next issue I ran into was dragging footpegs...the only fix for that was adjustable rearsets.
BUT, to answer your question, I never had any issues with the fender hitting anything, although I'm a light rider (145lbs) and avoided any bumps/potholes like the plague.