MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
RayBusa
Live Full & Die Empty

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06 Busa Street & Track
09 Yammy R1 Track
04 Gsx-r 600 in progress

09 R1 Smog Blockoff Plates

Once you did this did your bike feel sluggish on low RPM's? Mine was already abit sluggish and the plates made it abit more but not a problem since its my track bike. But this did eliminate that annoying declaration popping finally.
smog pump swap. albertinhouston Car Forum 0 05-14-2015 04:06 PM
Clutch plates on R1 KingLeo How To's and Q & A's 3 05-07-2014 05:03 PM
Smog block off plates- is it worth the trouble Grimace Performance and Modifications 17 07-23-2009 09:00 PM
AIS Removal, Blockoff, or Reroute? TxBritt08R1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 07-13-2008 09:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
slowposer
pose slower

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
bikeless :(

did you get a tune? i still have the pair on and see no reason to take it off unless getting a tune...weight savings is negligible and and decel pop isnt a prob for me.
slowposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #3
RayBusa
Live Full & Die Empty

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06 Busa Street & Track
09 Yammy R1 Track
04 Gsx-r 600 in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowposer View Post
did you get a tune? i still have the pair on and see no reason to take it off unless getting a tune...weight savings is negligible and and decel pop isnt a prob for me.
i had a tune before i put them on. i mostly did it cause of the popping to me that sounds really bad/annoying to me,, but i think ima have to re-tune to smooth everthing out but going to have to wait after my TD the 7th unless i find some $$$$ ,, thanks for info
Old 07-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
newguy2k3

Bike(s):
11 R1

Send a message via Yahoo to newguy2k3
Mine seems to have a lean spot while decelerating or holding steady or light accel between ~3k-4.5k. When cutting the throttle there is no popping until the rpms drop through this range and cruising around town in that range it misses and pops. Once you start opening the throttle though it richens up and goes. I did put in A&R baffles at the same time too though.

Hope to get a flashtune interface soon or find someone that will bootleg me a flash until I buy my own.
newguy2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #5
slowposer
pose slower

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBusa View Post
i had a tune before i put them on. i mostly did it cause of the popping to me that sounds really bad/annoying to me,, but i think ima have to re-tune to smooth everthing out but going to have to wait after my TD the 7th unless i find some $$$$ ,, thanks for info
you defo need a tune...block offs are primarily to omit the pair system to acheive an ideal air/fuel ratio for dyno tuning. the secondary benefit is the weight savings.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #6
slowposer
pose slower

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy2k3 View Post
Mine seems to have a lean spot while decelerating or holding steady or light accel between ~3k-4.5k. When cutting the throttle there is no popping until the rpms drop through this range and cruising around town in that range it misses and pops. Once you start opening the throttle though it richens up and goes. I did put in A&R baffles at the same time too though.

Hope to get a flashtune interface soon or find someone that will bootleg me a flash until I buy my own.
i went with a basic flashtune flash...its ok but id really like to get rid of the throttle on/off jerkyness...it kills my riding at times...really annoying. i may get an interface this winter or just re-send in my ecu. they have a quick shifter now too but im leery of trying it out over proven stuff like the pc or bazzaz.

Advertisement