Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #321
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenmoka View Post
Hi everyone
I didn't go to work tonight at the end so i can now enjoy the fireworks....
First of all i am glad SIK9 is fine and walking....heal up and get back on the bike asap....

For everybody else in my group,it was really nice meeting you all and riding along....

EMTaggie,Trish, a special thanks to you to gsxr600 who put my chain in place after it was out(just left Yankees before lunch) also the leading rider i the spirited group I believe cbrtrain ....great work/pace/leadership.

Looking forward to the next group ride.....i will be in MSRH on Aug 4th for some track time if anybody interested in joining me......
Ciao everyone
Eric
Be sure to measure each side of the rear adjustment blocks to make sure they are even, and lock down the adjustment screws with the lock nut. Glad I could help you get back on the road.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
S SW Morning 4TH OF JULY RIDE!! floyd600 Events, Meets and Rides 81 07-05-2011 11:16 AM
july 4th morning ride. galveston Cortez31 Events, Meets and Rides 3 07-04-2011 09:48 AM
july 4th morning ride. galveston Cortez31 Events, Meets and Rides 0 07-03-2011 02:59 PM
SW Sunday Morning Ride July 18 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 35 07-20-2010 08:20 AM
SW Sunday Morning Ride 4th of July! sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 31 07-05-2010 10:05 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #322
CBR_TRAN
Another Short Asian

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2007 Cbr600rr
1972 cb450 (cafe under construction)
2008 Kawasaki 250r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepine View Post
Hey Tran,

You are becoming too famous and popular! Evryone thinks you are the one behind all the big acts! Lol!
Lol I'm not worthy. Maybe my name is just easy to remember
Old 07-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #323
BaoPee
12 yr old Asian boy

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepine View Post
Hey Tran,

You are becoming too famous and popular! Evryone thinks you are the one behind all the big acts! Lol!
wow...the student became the teacher!!!! i still remember your debut noob ride

info@halffastgroup.com
BaoPee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #324
Rolex03

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2010 r1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucar View Post
i'm glad you're liking it bro, see if you can grow onto your bike you got a great bike and some of us will take a "long time" to grow to full potential in this kind of machine.
keep attending the noob rides and godspeed
Ya bro u have a good point I think I'm just going to get a better air filter and new exhaust but ya thanks for the help bro hope to see u out there next time
Rolex03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #325
buzzltyr

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
09 Daytona 675
04 Daytona 600 (sold)
ninja 500 (sold)

yeah i was the first bike the went down. i just went too wide in the turn and went straight for the grass. very minor damage to the bike just right side fairing, slider broken, and prob need to get the forks straightened. i'm ok, just a little scratches. sorry if i caused any problems for todays ride. that road was just really uncomfortable today and i was constantly trying to adjust to the road, thats prob my mistake there. but glad sik9 is ok and everybody made it home safe. thanks everyone for helping me out. see you next time when the bike is all straightened out.
buzzltyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #326
Lucar

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzltyr View Post
yeah i was the first bike the went down. i just went too wide in the turn and went straight for the grass. very minor damage to the bike just right side fairing, slider broken, and prob need to get the forks straightened. i'm ok, just a little scratches. sorry if i caused any problems for todays ride. that road was just really uncomfortable today and i was constantly trying to adjust to the road, thats prob my mistake there. but glad sik9 is ok and everybody made it home safe. thanks everyone for helping me out. see you next time when the bike is all straightened out.
with all due respect this is a crucial moment when we have to take the decision and fall back, our safety in unknown roads and at certain speeds has to be kept under control at all times.

I'd like to recall a ride to livingston I went to a month or 2 ago.. with MH riders, we had a great leader, and we were just a handful of bikes, I was at my usual pace during the beginning of the morning shooting my gopro left and ride (on lean), but somehow in the late morning I found myself being more careful, slower and scanning more while finding myself in unknown roads, it was a great ride, and I had no problem chasing down the 600s on the way back home. we were safe and had a blast.
Now I'm not saying I will never go down, when is going to happen, it will. But as much as I can prevent from having to whoop my own as* for scratching the bee, the better!
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #327
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
I didn't even know you went down. Glad you are ok.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #328
buzzltyr

Bike(s):
09 Daytona 675
04 Daytona 600 (sold)
ninja 500 (sold)

dont get me wrong i wasnt trying to be as fast as the guy in front of me, i def know i am not capable of keeping up w/ the faster riders this morning. i always ride my own pase and be as aware as possible. the road felt slippery to me this morning and i was trying to adjust how i leaned through the corners, thats what i meant. but yes, you are very correct lucar, only the rider can make that decision in what is comfortable and safe for them and need to adjust accordingly. i felt that it was a stupid move but hey happens. i'm just glad i can walk away from it and will def learn from the mistake....and plus now i can say i finally got my one spill out of the way.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #329
CBR_TRAN
Another Short Asian

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2007 Cbr600rr
1972 cb450 (cafe under construction)
2008 Kawasaki 250r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoPee View Post
wow...the student became the teacher!!!! i still remember your debut noob ride
I had very good teachers
Old 07-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #330
Lucar

Member Garage

Quote:
dont get me wrong i wasnt trying to be as fast as the guy in front of me, i def know i am not capable of keeping up w/ the faster riders this morning. i always ride my own pase and be as aware as possible. the road felt slippery to me this morning and i was trying to adjust how i leaned through the corners, thats what i meant. but yes, you are very correct lucar, only the rider can make that decision in what is comfortable and safe for them and need to adjust accordingly. i felt that it was a stupid move but hey happens. i'm just glad i can walk away from it and will def learn from the mistake....and plus now i can say i finally got my one spill out of the way.
I'm glad you see it this way, but I'm even more glad that you're ok.
we all commit to stupidity at a point or another, I've had my share (specially on them wednesday night rides) being able to learn from a mistake is laborious if you don't have the meanings of relating to a specific situation. Now you have it, like you said, your spill, and this will make you a better rider.
Now I don't mean to say that you "have" to have a spill to become better, I said you grow from your mistake and the outlook on the situation.
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #331
buzzltyr

Bike(s):
09 Daytona 675
04 Daytona 600 (sold)
ninja 500 (sold)

yeah i def learned from my mistake... like i said i felt it was a stupid mistake in an easy turn....but rather be easy then dead!! its great to know all the support you get from these forums. of course theres those people who are just plain dumb sometimes and have nothing good to say but majority of the people ive met so far are great people to know. even if just meeting you once if something happened they are there for you. i will def remember this and just look back and make sure it doest happen again and have a good laugh at it.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #332
debit_debit
Dat photoshoop

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Gsx-r 600
2005 Suzuki Gsx-r 600
1986 Honda VF500F

Thanks to all the organizers and helpers for making this ride happen. Sik9, glad you're ok and hope you make a fast recovery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynjay View Post
http://youtu.be/dG2aohsaq38

Here is the video of the corner in question. (sorry for the weird effects, the camera mount was loose and a lot of de-shake makes it kind of funky).

From what I remember coming into the corner. I first thought the person on the inside of the curve was taking pics. I realized after the fact that he was actually waving us to slow.

My take is all the indications to slow could not really be seen (and understood) until after you had already turned into the curve. Definitely not where you want to start braking.

At first, I thought he was telling us to pose for the camera. I also realized after the fact (and seeing the other bikes parked).
debit_debit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:21 PM   #333
bluepine

Quote:
Hey buzz, you are right. The road condition today was pretty messed up. Loose gravels everywhere! I didnt feel comfortable either in many segments of the road. In an ironic way, your spill may have saved many others, because right after that turn, came the real back to back twisties with poor road condition that in retrospect may have been more hazardous to many of the noobs. As well as that cruiser that went down ahead of both our groups and stopped all of us before entering to a bed of loose gravel. Glad that cruiser rider is ok, and thank him in an akwardly way that he had a spill, because i am pretty certain that many would have gotten into a serious crash in that segment. As a matter of fact, the fast group was just starting to go pretty aggresive before entering that little streatch of according to EMTAggie.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #334
buzzltyr

Bike(s):
09 Daytona 675
04 Daytona 600 (sold)
ninja 500 (sold)

yeah im just glad everybody made it out fine, even the people not in the MH groups. yeah that next stretch did get pretty twisty. i guess everything happens for a reason. thanks mark for holding the slider for me. i'll call u soon to come pick it up. u said the event was thursday right? so tomorrow night? can u send me the info please thanks.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #335
Michael2009

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2003 Honda Cbr600F4i
2003 Kawasaki Ninja ex250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR_TRAN View Post
I had very good teachers
Lol sorry baopee hes the new pro-noob
Michael2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:08 AM   #336
Zemmad

Bike(s):
2007 GSX-R 600

This was my 3rd noob ride and it was another nice experience. My first time on 3090 two weeks ago with Lucar and a few others helped me today. Thanks to little6 and 07Blanco for coaching on my cornering technique. It was a nice ride back home. Get well soon Sik9.

Until the next ride...be safe everyone.
Zemmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:13 AM   #337
cuong-nutz
Resident 250 guru

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
Ninjer 250

Quote:
....and plus now i can say i finally got my one spill out of the way.
Just don't make it a habit now
Old 07-05-2012, 02:34 AM   #338
theManofRussia
Who dares, wins.

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Honda CBR600RR
Specialized Epic S-Works
Specialized Rockhopper

Member Garage

No more chicken strips for me after this ride

GOPRO1054
theManofRussia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:43 AM   #339
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
Can you get off the covering your brakes ... I rest the tips of my fingers on the top of my brake lever all the time because it's comfortable for me, and guess what... NO PROBLEMS!

I'm home... with a plug in my tire

Thanks to Doug for having a plug kit and CO2. I have to get some of my own! I owe you one!
1. Nothing wrong with covering your brakes
2. It's recommended at the track
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:47 AM   #340
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoPee View Post
it could have been anyone of us....the truth is " happens", regardless the experience level...even great BEVO dropped his bike in the parking lot....oops!! did i say that out loud....
Actually I was using another rider's bike (BaoPee's), who parked too close, as a kick stand.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement