Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #281
Trish

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 CBR600rr
2006 DRZ400SM

It was those little canisters of CO2 like for the CO2 guns.

a25gram1&ampsaX&ampei8Kz0T 6EHIPe2AX166n7Bg&ampved0CAkQ8wc&ampusgAFQjCNFqI 2GJbiimQ4CFYElGgk4CIUc1g

And then there's an attachment for the valve stem.
Here's the whole setup:

Tool with tank&ampsaX&ampeiVK30T7qFIafi2gWRjaHvBg&ampved0CAkQ8wc&ampusgAFQjCNHUwwmeEi3cNzKcFIfBBZTYxM7w7A
Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
S SW Morning 4TH OF JULY RIDE!! floyd600 Events, Meets and Rides 81 07-05-2011 11:16 AM
july 4th morning ride. galveston Cortez31 Events, Meets and Rides 3 07-04-2011 09:48 AM
july 4th morning ride. galveston Cortez31 Events, Meets and Rides 0 07-03-2011 02:59 PM
SW Sunday Morning Ride July 18 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 35 07-20-2010 08:20 AM
SW Sunday Morning Ride 4th of July! sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 31 07-05-2010 10:05 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #282
Daft Punk
HarderBetterFasterStonger

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'14 Ninja 650

My bike actually came with one of those attachments but I wasn't sure what it was for. How many PSI did one of those small canisters get you?
Daft Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #283
EMTAggie
Molon Labe

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600RR Track
2006 R6

Made it home. Good seeing y'all!

AXO, P1 Racing/SCRC, Fastline MCS,Vapor Sense, Suomy, HookIt
CMRA #510
EMTAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #284
Trish

Bike(s):
2008 CBR600rr
2006 DRZ400SM

Not quite enough because it was FLAT. Felt it wiggle once and was like hmmm maybe it was just the road... felt it wiggle again and was like DANG IT!!!

By the time I pulled over, it was completely flat.... all within probably a mile to a mile and a half (going ~80).

Edit: Oh, I didn't give you a real number because I can't remember if we used 2 cans or one and a part, I think it was already hooked up to one when Doug pulled it out. You could visibly see that it wasn't enough air, so instead of checking the pressure and possibly losing some, we rode 2 miles to the gas station.

Last edited by Trish; 07-04-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #285
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
Can you get off the covering your brakes ... I rest the tips of my fingers on the top of my brake lever all the time because it's comfortable for me, and guess what... NO PROBLEMS!

I'm home... with a plug in my tire

Thanks to Doug for having a plug kit and CO2. I have to get some of my own! I owe you one!
I do the same thing. I rest my index finger on the top of the break lever so I know where it is. I use three fingers to break.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:11 PM   #286
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

One guy in the experienced group went wide on a turn. By the time we came thru, his bike was up, and people were both waving to slow us down and also to pass on thru

Front of the noob group slowed and went past, apparently Sik9 was following too close and grabbed the front brake mid corner and washed out
Bike slid a bit on him before he came off resulting in hole in knee (no knee pads)

All this was at prob 20 mph as we almost came to a complete stop when we saw the crowd.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #287
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2011 EX250NinjaR
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
One guy in the experienced group went wide on a turn. By the time we came thru, his bike was up, and people were both waving to slow us down and also to pass on thru

Front of the noob group slowed and went past, apparently Sik9 was following too close and grabbed the front brake mid corner and washed out
Bike slid a bit on him before he came off resulting in hole in knee (no knee pads)

All this was at prob 20 mph as we almost came to a complete stop when we saw the crowd.
It was diffreant group of riders than us. We stopped to see if they needed help.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #288
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig_gsxr600 View Post
It was diffreant group of riders than us. We stopped to see if they needed help.
Nope, black 675 from Jimrads group.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #289
Lucar

Member Garage

Well that explains it!
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #290
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2011 EX250NinjaR
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
Nope, black 675 from Jimrads group.
Humm. No one told me that
Old 07-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #291
CBR_TRAN
Another Short Asian

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2007 Cbr600rr
1972 cb450 (cafe under construction)
2008 Kawasaki 250r (sold)

Quote:

Yeah, basically. I was behind Sik9. From my observation, it looked like he target fixated on the guy in the right hand shoulder waving people to slow down, looked back to see Michael2009, felt like he was too close then panicked and grabbed brake. That was from what I saw because I was right behind him. Sik9 did say that he grabbed the front brakes because he was too close to Michael. Knee pads and he probably could've walked away.

Besides the mishap, it was good fun! Nice meeting everyone!
Old 07-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #292
Lucar

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR_TRAN View Post
Yeah, basically. I was behind Sik9. From my observation, it looked like he target fixated on the guy in the right hand shoulder waving people to slow down, looked back to see Michael2009, felt like he was too close then panicked and grabbed brake. That was from what I saw because I was right behind him. Sik9 did say that he grabbed the front brakes because he was too close to Michael. Knee pads and he probably could've walked away.

Besides the mishap, it was good fun! Nice meeting everyone!
Were you behind lucky when he went down too?
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #293
CBR_TRAN
Another Short Asian

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2007 Cbr600rr
1972 cb450 (cafe under construction)
2008 Kawasaki 250r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucar View Post
No, I woke up, saw 50% chance of rain and went back to sleep.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #294
Flynjay

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'07 Ninja 250 (sold)
'06 Ninja 650

Just got home. Great ride, except for the I45 Traffic at Dixie Farm (that sucked).

I have video of what the corner in question looked like from the vantage point of the front of the newb group.

Good to meet some new people and chat.
Flynjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:52 PM   #295
Michael2009

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2003 Honda Cbr600F4i
2003 Kawasaki Ninja ex250 (Sold)

Looks like everyone made it home.. I myself just got home safely. I want to thank Jimrad and texlurch for the ride.. Tmax was a great help along with bluepine. also thanks to Renzo for towing the bike.
Michael2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:52 PM   #296
theManofRussia
Who dares, wins.

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Honda CBR600RR
Specialized Epic S-Works
Specialized Rockhopper

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucar View Post
I was the one behind Luckydevil that time.

Great ride other than that, good to see all you guys again.

I'll slap together a video and post up later on.
theManofRussia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #297
EMTAggie
Molon Labe

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600RR Track
2006 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynjay View Post
Just got home. Great ride, except for the I45 Traffic at Dixie Farm (that sucked).

I have video of what the corner in question looked like from the vantage point of the front of the newb group.

Good to meet some new people and chat.
I rode the frontage from Scarsdale past Dixie, took about 4 min total.
But yeah that was the worse part of traffic on the way back.....

AXO, P1 Racing/SCRC, Fastline MCS,Vapor Sense, Suomy, HookIt
CMRA #510
EMTAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #298
bluepine

Ok ladies, just got home after unloading Sik9's bike in my garage. The bike rides good and just needs couple of new plastics, but overall in relative good condition.
First, hat off to Renzo, who came to pick up the bike all the way out to Yankee's. He really went out of his way on a day that he may have been enjoying with his family.
Sik9 is fine. A couple of stitches to close up the coin size hole on his knee. Other than that, just a couple of bruises and scratches. Kiddos, buy those protection gears. If Sik9 wore the knee guards today, he would have rode his bike home rather than be taken to the hispital, and bunch of us would have gotton home at least a couple of hours ago. Big lesson to you Sudan! But now you know.
As far as the crash is concerned, again, it was a tturn after a relative long straight. I came ahead of the noob group to poaition myself for a good video shot to show all the noobs comig to that turn, then noticed a Daytona in the fast group had a light laydown after that turn. Nothing major. Biker is fine, bike is fine. However, as bunch of bikes stopped to assist that crash, i went ahead and flaaged down the noobs coming out of that turn to slow down. Sik9 was following the bike in front of him too close, and he locked the front brake and the bike skidded down, and he rolled a couple times. It is a huge relief that the leader made sure the noobs were at 25 to 30 mph coming to that turn and there wasnt a single instance where we passed the limit.
In summary, today's ride was well organized and we all enjoyed it(most of us). Couple of mishaps, yes! But it was an well organized and safe ride that most of us enjoyed it, and the organizers executed a great job to control the pace and order. We all know this is the nature of the beast. That's why we wear all the protective gears despite the heat. Jimrad even sent a couple of guys back home because they werent wearing the protective gears. But he cant go out to check if everyone has the knee guard or protector under the pants. Ar least i know T-max wears one of those to pretext himself from all the dudes he carry in the back of that scooter. Kekeke!
In short, awesome time, and great show of camaraderie. Have a wonderful 4th everyone!
Old 07-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #299
Rolex03

Bike(s):
2010 r1

Had hella fun and thanks to all the riders that spoke to be on the side and gave me tips on what I was doing wrong and what I need to do to fix it I'm always open to criticism I'll never take it the wrong way little6 is one of the guys that gave me a few pointers and a few other people did as well just don't know their names but thanks to all and that was my 1st complet group ride thanks again see y'all next ride
Rolex03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #300
BaoPee
12 yr old Asian boy

Feedback Rating: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepine View Post
Ok ladies, just got home after unloading Sik9's bike in my garage. The bike rides good and just needs couple of new plastics, but overall in relative good condition.
First, hat off to Renzo, who came to pick up the bike all the way out to Yankee's. He really went out of his way on a day that he may have been enjoying with his family.
Sik9 is fine. A couple of stitches to close up the coin size hole on his knee. Other than that, just a couple of bruises and scratches. Kiddos, buy those protection gears. If Sik9 wore the knee guards today, he would have rode his bike home rather than be taken to the hispital, and bunch of us would have gotton home at least a couple of hours ago. Big lesson to you Sudan! But now you know.
As far as the crash is concerned, again, it was a tturn after a relative long straight. I came ahead of the noob group to poaition myself for a good video shot to show all the noobs comig to that turn, then noticed a Daytona in the fast group had a light laydown after that turn. Nothing major. Biker is fine, bike is fine. However, as bunch of bikes stopped to assist that crash, i went ahead and flaaged down the noobs coming out of that turn to slow down. Sik9 was following the bike in front of him too close, and he locked the front brake and the bike skidded down, and he rolled a couple times. It is a huge relief that the leader made sure the noobs were at 25 to 30 mph coming to that turn and there wasnt a single instance where we passed the limit.
In summary, today's ride was well organized and we all enjoyed it(most of us). Couple of mishaps, yes! But it was an well organized and safe ride that most of us enjoyed it, and the organizers executed a great job to control the pace and order. We all know this is the nature of the beast. That's why we wear all the protective gears despite the heat. Jimrad even sent a couple of guys back home because they werent wearing the protective gears. But he cant go out to check if everyone has the knee guard or protector under the pants. Ar least i know T-max wears one of those to pretext himself from all the dudes he carry in the back of that scooter. Kekeke!
In short, awesome time, and great show of camaraderie. Have a wonderful 4th everyone!

info@halffastgroup.com
BaoPee is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement