MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2007, 10:16 PM   #21
A303

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
get whatever you want. just have respect for it. i started on a 900. my buddy started on a busa, first bike. just respect it.
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st bike - need suggestions customminds General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 09-17-2011 12:41 PM
1st bike need help KDEE General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 05-28-2011 02:40 PM
Just got my 1st bike 1308cc New Riders and MSF Course Info 21 05-26-2011 07:33 AM
600cc's a must 4 1st Bike NoFear General Discussion (Moto Related) 222 08-04-2007 12:07 PM
1st bike....thanks for the help RedRider General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 01-31-2006 01:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2007, 10:17 PM   #22
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

2003 kawasaki z1000

Send a message via AIM to S_M_J82
Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
I would say go **** yourself but then again I'm sure you're already doing that.
man your too funny. i laugh with every post you make it's hilarious. all you do is talk s*** and never have anything to say to back it up.
:laughing6
S_M_J82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:18 PM   #23
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!

2003 kawasaki z1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
Ryan,
FWIW, until you've got a few miles under your belt, I wouldn't recommend riding with a passenger.
if your going to listen to anyone on this board. Patrick is one of them. He knows his stuff and is very informative.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:19 PM   #24
ryanx13

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
a ex 250 would take both of you to well over 100. just admit it's not cool looking enough for you. i don't give a get a busa or a 1000 and off yourself.

Why would you say something like that? Looks are not my main focus neway. I havent done anything to you so please relax and chill with the OFF yourself thing......or just LEAVE ME ALONE, I havent wished harm on you or yours so please dont do it to me.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:24 PM   #25
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Ryan, how about giving this some thought...

get your basic gear, sign and take the MSF... see how you do,
talk to the instructor about what your looking for in a first bike
and see what they say.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:32 PM   #26
ryanx13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric
Ryan, how about giving this some thought...

get your basic gear, sign and take the MSF... see how you do,
talk to the instructor about what your looking for in a first bike
and see what they say.
Thanks man I can appreciate that!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 10:38 PM   #27
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_M_J82
man your too funny. i laugh with every post you make it's hilarious. all you do is talk s*** and never have anything to say to back it up.
:laughing6
Lol you recommend a zzr600 as a first bike as if it's a novice bike yet I could take that bike and make you look like and on your race replica r6.

yep zzr600 it's a novice machine let me tell ya.

AndrewPitt Action2001 700p

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #28
paniro187

Quote:
if your going to listen to anyone on this board. Patrick is one of them. He knows his stuff and is very informative.
yep you sure showed you shouldn't be listened to with the zzr600 i a great novice bike comment.

Poeple can listen to me i won't steer them wrong. ex250 ftw.

Old 01-13-2007, 10:44 PM   #29
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!

2003 kawasaki z1000

Quote:
Lol you recommend a zzr600 as a first bike as if it's a novice bike yet I could take that bike and make you look like and on your race replica r6.

yep zzr600 it's a novice machine let me tell ya.

AndrewPitt Action2001 700p
HAHA again your making yourself look like an A****** . you know your right, the zzr (aka zx6r) back in it's day was one of the best race bikes out there. i dont deny that. and it's still a dominant machine by standards yes. but it's really a good beginner novice bike. it (zzr600) along with the r6-s. they are both great race bikes and were the best back a few years ago. but now times have changes and so has technology. So by today's standards they are detuned a little bit and more user friendly. so think what you want. but if you can't put up then shut up
Old 01-13-2007, 10:53 PM   #30
paniro187

Quote:
HAHA again your making yourself look like an A****** . you know your right, the zzr (aka zx6r) back in it's day was one of the best race bikes out there. i dont deny that. and it's still a dominant machine by standards yes. but it's really a good beginner novice bike. it (zzr600) along with the r6-s. they are both great race bikes and were the best back a few years ago. but now times have changes and so has technology. So by today's standards they are detuned a little bit and more user friendly. so think what you want. but if you can't put up then shut up
so with that logic since rossi's nsr500 was a 2000 model it is a noob bike i mean since it's older that automatically means it's detuned.

wait even better a 1999 r1 is a great noob bike because according to today's 1000's it's suddenly user friendly. c'mon let's be smart about this. there's nothing detuned about the r6s or the zzr600 they are both still the same as when they dropped new. but once again in your opinion since they are old they automatically qualify as a novice bike. 5 years from now you brand spanking new r6 will be a novice bike. :laughing6

Last edited by paniro187; 01-13-2007 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:56 PM   #31
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanx13
I wanted to keep the bike a lil longer not just have to trade up in a year. Also wanted something with a lil more top speed than 115 or 130, and prefered the inline four. Hoping for the sportbike styling as well with the lower handle bars. Any downfalls to the zzr600?
Just get whatever the you want and can afford. You're question are pointless because you seem to already have your mind made up. You can't afford what you want and you dont want what you can afford.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:56 PM   #32
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
Honda 305 Superhawk project bike
working on a motoped

Ryan, Ulric gave some good advice. Everyone has their own input as you have seen. Nobody is intentionally trying to put you in harms way. Here are a few key points that the board generally tries to enforce.
1. MSF
2. Proper gear
3. Start slow, forget peer pressure

Ok, so you are 245 and your girl is 140. As it was said before, you have a while to go before you should be packing. BTW, Packing means having a passenger. Pillion= passenger (usually a Euro thing). Riding "two up", self explanatory, with a passenger.
In addition to 1, 2, and 3 above, KNOW THIS; NOBODY who's opinion is worth a will ever judge you by what you ride. IF somebody gives you anything besides constructive critisism or genuine riding tips, ignore them. Most people on here are tired of the bad reputation sportbikes have. We are tired of seeing "Bad wreck tonight", "GSXR down", etc etc. We want people to learn to ride motorcycles properly. We want you to respect an SV650 or the new Kawi 650.
Look into a used Yamaha yzf600. If you can find a clean one, they are good looking bikes that will do what you need and they can be found cheap. The first bike is a tool for growth, not something to be showboating on. I know it is exciting to think about bringing your girl out on the bike, for both you and her. Trust me, you taking your time to be a steady and confident rider before you ride 2 up with your girl and it will be a wise investment. She will appreciate it a whole lot more. The amount of difference 140 lbs placed high on the back of a bike makes is significant!!! YOU DON'T WANT THAT AS A NEW RIDER. I can go on and on with stories, examples, and reasons why you shouldn't buy a new gsxr/r-6/cbr/zx 600. I don't need to. You have too many years of combined experience, both riding and in life, on this board already telling you to take it easy and buy within your means. Everyone is just trying to help, if it seems otherwise it's probably because of the guy who bought the 50th aniversary R-1 for a first bike and wrecked, pretty bad, in a week or two just a couple months back. He was really worried about having enough power too. Put pride aside, buy the "underpowered" bike everyone is suggesting, grow with it, and be a better rider for it in the end.

Sorry for any typo's, I've been drinking.

"It is better to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow." -- Mann

Last edited by 04RSVR; 01-13-2007 at 10:59 PM.
04RSVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:57 PM   #33
Los
Gang Member

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Quote:
I have a de-tuned bike? .. the n00bish R6!!! :BangHead:
Old 01-13-2007, 10:59 PM   #34
A303

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Los
wow u sure dont ride it like its de-tuned:laughing6
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:59 PM   #35
Los
Gang Member

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by A303
wow u sure dont ride it like its de-tuned:laughing6

It's a monster between the legs!!!

Hey lets go drink!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 10:59 PM   #36
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los
sounds funny didn't it. yet he wants to say i don't know what i'm talking about.

Old 01-13-2007, 11:01 PM   #37
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
Honda 305 Superhawk project bike
working on a motoped

Now, where is Nutmeg with HER SV650S??? She is a great example of how riding skill means the most on a motorcycle.

"It is better to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow." -- Mann
04RSVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:02 PM   #38
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!

2003 kawasaki z1000

Quote:
so with that logic since rossi's 2000 nsr500 is a noob bike i mean since it's older that automatically means it's detuned.

wait even better a 1999 r1 is a great noob bike because according to today's 1000's it's suddenly user friendly. c'mon let's be smart about this. there's nothing detuned about the r6s or the zzr600 they are both still the same as when they dropped new. but once again in your opinion since they are old they automatically qualify as a novice bike. 5 years from now you brand spanking new r6 will be a novice bike. :laughing6
ok how about this when you learn to read. go pick a magazine and read all the specs about previous model years to current models. obviously you don't so i guess this conversation is over till then. so happy hunting for imformation. and good luck trying to make yourself look intelligent. it was a nice effort
Old 01-13-2007, 11:03 PM   #39
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RSVR
Ryan, Ulric gave some good advice. Everyone has their own input as you have seen. Nobody is intentionally trying to put you in harms way. Here are a few key points that the board generally tries to enforce.
1. MSF
2. Proper gear
3. Start slow, forget peer pressure

Ok, so you are 245 and your girl is 140. As it was said before, you have a while to go before you should be packing. BTW, Packing means having a passenger. Pillion= passenger (usually a Euro thing). Riding "two up", self explanatory, with a passenger.
In addition to 1, 2, and 3 above, KNOW THIS; NOBODY who's opinion is worth a will ever judge you by what you ride. IF somebody gives you anything besides constructive critisism or genuine riding tips, ignore them. Most people on here are tired of the bad reputation sportbikes have. We are tired of seeing "Bad wreck tonight", "GSXR down", etc etc. We want people to learn to ride motorcycles properly. We want you to respect an SV650 or the new Kawi 650.

Look into a used Yamaha yzf600. If you can find a clean one, they are good looking bikes that will do what you need and they can be found cheap. The first bike is a tool for growth, not something to be showboating on. I know it is exciting to think about bringing your girl out on the bike, for both you and her. Trust me, you taking your time to be a steady and confident rider before you ride 2 up with your girl and it will be a wise investment. She will appreciate it a whole lot more. The amount of difference 140 lbs placed high on the back of a bike makes is significant!!! YOU DON'T WANT THAT AS A NEW RIDER. I can go on and on with stories, examples, and reasons why you shouldn't buy a new gsxr/r-6/cbr/zx 600. I don't need to. You have too many years of combined experience, both riding and in life, on this board already telling you to take it easy and buy within your means. Everyone is just trying to help, if it seems otherwise it's probably because of the guy who bought the 50th aniversary R-1 for a first bike and wrecked, pretty bad, in a week or two just a couple months back. He was really worried about having enough power too. Put pride aside, buy the "underpowered" bike everyone is suggesting, grow with it, and be a better rider for it in the end.

Sorry for any typo's, I've been drinking.

Once again, great advice!!

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:04 PM   #40
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

prolly need to cut the guy some slack... I think he may be trynig to listen but may be a bit of information overload somewhat too.

He's got the bug, and we all know how evil that siren's call can be.

Advertisement