MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
adrenalinjunky

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 kawi 636(Main squeeze)
04 crf50(The mistress)
03 636(sold)

yamaha pw 50

Is a yamaha pw 50 worth the money(03 for 400) or should i wait to try and get a honda?
adrenalinjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PW 50 resto GrayJ Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 8 06-16-2011 05:15 PM
PW 50 AWESOME DEAL Mr.D General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 11-04-2010 10:17 PM
SKID PLATE FOR YAMAHA TTR-50 TREE Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 0 01-27-2009 10:21 PM
Is a Yamaha pw 50 good for stunting ? lothario Stunters Lounge 10 07-03-2008 06:18 PM
yamaha pw 50? pester Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 6 04-03-2008 06:12 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalinjunky View Post
Is a yamaha pw 50 worth the money(03 for 400) or should i wait to try and get a honda?
I'd say $400 is about average for that year bike.

Depends on what you want. PW's are better for tiny beginner riders, IMO, as they are 2 stroke automatic bikes with alot of governing options. If i'm not mistaken, they actually have a lower seat height compared to the Honda.

Honda's have the 3-speed tranny with an auto clutch and have more low end power. The Honda, though, is also aalot more dult rider friendly than the PW. The Honda also has a much larger aftermarket for parts.

If you think your kiddo can handle the Honda, then go with it. Even when he's "out grown" it, throw a set of big bars on there and keep riding it. You can't do that as easily with the PW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
adrenalinjunky

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 kawi 636(Main squeeze)
04 crf50(The mistress)
03 636(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
I'd say $400 is about average for that year bike.

Depends on what you want. PW's are better for tiny beginner riders, IMO, as they are 2 stroke automatic bikes with alot of governing options. If i'm not mistaken, they actually have a lower seat height compared to the Honda.

Honda's have the 3-speed tranny with an auto clutch and have more low end power. The Honda, though, is also aalot more dult rider friendly than the PW. The Honda also has a much larger aftermarket for parts.

If you think your kiddo can handle the Honda, then go with it. Even when he's "out grown" it, throw a set of big bars on there and keep riding it. You can't do that as easily with the PW.
Pm sent
adrenalinjunky is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement