MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > New Riders and MSF Course Info
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
Lee-RR

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R
2007 Honda CBR600RR (Sold)
2006 Suzuki Blvd 650 (Sold)

Need Info - Non Resident License

Hey all,

I just moved to Houston from Canada on a TN work visa. I have had a valid motorcycle license in Canada for 6 years and car license for 7.

I am going to be trading in my Canadian DL for an American one soon and I'm not sure of how the transition works.

I've been to the TxDPS website and I know that due to reciprocity I can obtain a valid car license (with proper identification) if I trade in my Canadian one. The question I can't seem to find an answer to is if my motorcycle license (Class 6) will be honoured as well?

Does anyone have any experience here? Do I need to re-do a MSF course or go through the whole noob process again (obtaining permit, test ect...)? Any information is appreciated!

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread! Feel free to move it!

Thanks in advance;

Lee
Lee-RR is offline   Reply With Quote