MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
lucydad

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2007 Kawasaki EX 500
1971 Honda 175 Scrambler
1967 Honda Mini Trail 50
1966 Honda Super 90

Talking odor du jour...

MH,

Just back from a fun ride around Ft. Bend County. Out by the Ft. Bend Sheriff's office cruising along I saw a festering, bubbling smear on the road. Black and white it was, mostly black. Long hairs. Blowing by, uh huh, the rancid odor du jour of greased skunk carcass roasting in the sun. Wow, it was strong.

Other odors du jour: freshly cut field, perhaps hay--clean and green with a hint of clover. On Highway 90 there is a place that sells top fill dirt, gravel and mulch. The mulch has a very organic smell, pungent yet pleasant.

My favorite smell: BBQ on a mesquite or oak pit. Riding by can make me want to stop. I savor those woody-smokey aromas.

In my home town of Durango, CO there grows a lot of wild sage and aspen. After a light afternoon thunderstorm, the sage perfumes the air. That is my favorite motorcycle odor du jour.

It is dry heat this afternoon, warm but not unpleasant riding as long as you keep moving. The cagers were pretty well behaved too. I am out early tomorrow morning. This could be one of those three tankful weekends.

stay safe everyone,
Lucydad
lucydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Du fuq? SvDrum Off Topic 8 12-29-2013 11:34 AM
du dun du dun du dun du dun DUN DUN DUN tonyt915 Off Topic 14 11-10-2010 02:24 PM
Road odor lol humbleassassin General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 09-17-2010 12:44 AM
MSRH pics du jour Buck Beasley General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 08-31-2009 04:34 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

610 to I-10E interchange which is one of my favorite turns is followed by the smell of horse manure from the polo club.

The smell of trash going down 59 by Renwick is my least favorite.

I enjoy 59 right before downtown at night the smell of coffee beans being roasted.

Cars passing by on the freeway with the smell of people inside getting toasted (420) happens pretty dam often.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #3
Joshua42007

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
06' GSX-R 1000

Thanks lucydad, the smell of that manure on 90 is horbid. Smells like a baby's diaper with Indian food in it, covered in burnt hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN600 View Post
610 to I-10E interchange which is one of my favorite turns is followed by the smell of horse manure from the polo club.

The smell of trash going down 59 by Renwick is my least favorite.

I enjoy 59 right before downtown at night the smell of coffee beans being roasted.

Cars passing by on the freeway with the smell of people inside getting toasted (420) happens pretty dam often.
Joshua42007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
Bigshankhank

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1972 Aermacchi Sprint SX350
1972 Honda CL175 K5
1978 Kawasaki KE100
1978 Kawasaki KE250
1970 Suzuki TC90

I like riding my two-stroke for the smell. I am running some Valvoline marine 2t oil and it smells fabulous.
Bigshankhank is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement