MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Cruisers Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2012, 01:00 AM   #41
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'11 HD Softail Fatboy
'06 HD StreetRod VRSCR

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Installed the pipes, filter, and management system. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. For now trying to figure out the fuel mapping. Seems the lower range rpms are a lot leaner than the mids so between 3 and 4k get lots of pops and backfires on deceleration.
What you got?
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Loud pipes might not save lives, but.. gots2no Off Topic 1 12-29-2014 12:16 AM
loud pipes bro Pauly General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 02-28-2014 01:58 PM
Loud pipes FTW! Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 12-05-2007 10:28 PM
Loud pipes and their message ScooterTrash Off Topic 24 03-24-2006 12:47 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #42
Doug
Hangover

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
FLTRX

Tab non baffled turnouts, K&N, and unfortunately the Tab Tuner. I spent ~10 hours trying to get it to run right, but the Tab unit tries to turn an FI system into a carb. Above 4k it's smooth as glass but any lower and meh. Did scare the out of some poor girl when it backfired going between the mid and low RPM ranges.

Think I'll be ordering a PCV Monday. I called Fuelmoto last night but they were already closed.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:11 AM   #43
bigblue121
08 cbr 1000

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2012 nrs denim
2012 can am 800 xmr

Hey I have a 2012 nrs also and I just didn't want to try to tune it my self I took it to harley and they installed their race tuner and dynoed it for $700 I think it was worth it I installed the v lux toxic pipes and put a k&n on it and it screams man still have a lil poping in low rpms but I kind of like that
bigblue121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #44
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'11 HD Softail Fatboy
'06 HD StreetRod VRSCR

Member Garage

Quote:
Tab non baffled turnouts, K&N, and unfortunately the Tab Tuner. I spent ~10 hours trying to get it to run right, but the Tab unit tries to turn an FI system into a carb. Above 4k it's smooth as glass but any lower and meh. Did scare the out of some poor girl when it backfired going between the mid and low RPM ranges.

Think I'll be ordering a PCV Monday. I called Fuelmoto last night but they were already closed.
I keep the stock air filter. I just cut the snorkel from the airbox because it was not fitting right with all the cables of the gadgets I installed.

I have to modify the PCV map that I downloaded from the Dynojet site. You can have a copy of mine if you want. We are not far. I'm in Clay Rd and Greenhouse.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:44 PM   #45
Doug
Hangover

Bike(s):
FLTRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dos Equis View Post
I keep the stock air filter. I just cut the snorkel from the airbox because it was not fitting right with all the cables of the gadgets I installed.

I have to modify the PCV map that I downloaded from the Dynojet site. You can have a copy of mine if you want. We are not far. I'm in Clay Rd and Greenhouse.

I may go back to stock intake depending on how much tweeking the PCV takes. I can't imagine it will be worse than the Tab unit. Should have the PCV by Friday. I'll see what the Fuelmoto map does, but I may take you up on your offer.

I'm definitely not far from you (Fry and Kieth Harrow)
Old 07-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #46
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'11 HD Softail Fatboy
'06 HD StreetRod VRSCR

Member Garage

Quote:
I may go back to stock intake depending on how much tweeking the PCV takes. I can't imagine it will be worse than the Tab unit. Should have the PCV by Friday. I'll see what the Fuelmoto map does, but I may take you up on your offer.

I'm definitely not far from you (Fry and Kieth Harrow)
No need to re-install the stock intake. Once you install the PCV and the correct fuel map it will be OK. The maps that I got from FuelMoto were creating to much backfiring on deceleration, Had to modify the map from the Dynojet website. I will show you the mods I did to the fuel tables. very easy and simple.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #47
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

lean condition on decel makes the pops
Old 07-25-2012, 06:17 PM   #48
Doug
Hangover

Bike(s):
FLTRX

Right now my main concern is mild popping while at a steady cruise. Don't know why I'm still trying to peg this down with the PCV coming, but I dislike leaving problems unsolved.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #49
Doug
Hangover

Bike(s):
FLTRX

PCV installed and it's a night/day difference. A lot less popping and hesitation. Feels like it pulls harder as well.Still get a loud backfire around 4k but that's after a WOT pull. Only rode for 15 minutes after warming up so I'll have to take her out for a real ride tonight.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #50
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'11 HD Softail Fatboy
'06 HD StreetRod VRSCR

Member Garage

Quote:
PCV installed and it's a night/day difference. A lot less popping and hesitation. Feels like it pulls harder as well.Still get a loud backfire around 4k but that's after a WOT pull. Only rode for 15 minutes after warming up so I'll have to take her out for a real ride tonight.
Very good. PM your email address and I will email you my custom map.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #51
LDB415

Quote:
I'm thinking about getting TAB slash cut non-baffled slip-ons for my NRS. What is the likely hood I'm going to get some negative attention from the cops?
Translated into non-biker English, "I'm planning to be a horrible neighbor and a most annoying citizen, generally thought of as biker trash by the non-riding public, and wonder if this is going to cause any problems." Umm, could be.
LDB415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #52
spartandude
Custom User Title

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
750 honda shadow spirit

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB415 View Post
Translated into non-biker English, "I'm planning to be a horrible neighbor and a most annoying citizen, generally thought of as biker trash by the non-riding public, and wonder if this is going to cause any problems." Umm, could be.
Interesting opinion especially for how long you've been in this culture. Welcome to MH, have fun around here, and watch for the animals some bite (hmm...you may like that though).

OP: I looked through the thread and didn't see it mentioned, but are you planning on using hearing protection? The decibels that thing will put out will cause permanent hearing damage. Although you may not care right now your future self and your friends and family may regret your choices.

I did have louder pipes, but changed it for OEM on the shadow to improve fuel economy. After that I did have more issues with cagers not knowing I was there; so I am convinced it helps. That being said my greatest improvement in survivability in rush hour was picking up my atomic eye searing yellow jacket. I know that doesn't fit with the HD image, but you may consider it if you are actually worried about safety.
spartandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #53
skelator
Just US Racing

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
GT Performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCommuter View Post
fabulous, another loud vrod. I love HDs. Own (and owned) several. Have yet to see a vrod that wasn't obnoxious though. Just do us all a favor and don't sit at a red light rapping the throttle over and over while yelling lookatme, lookatmee, lookatmeeeee!!!

Lucky for you Holtzclaw is gone now though.

dang it, someone beat me too it,

i ride 1 7/8 straight pipes-drag- never had a leo problem but the neighbors get upset sometimes and i'm being as quit as i can be

Last edited by skelator; 10-04-2012 at 09:25 AM.
skelator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #54
Doug
Hangover

Bike(s):
FLTRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB415 View Post
Says the nub troll. But obviously you are so passionate in your concern for the general public and social well being that you must be a Smart car owner simply visiting this site out of curiosity. The people who give a about your opinion are over there ->

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartandude View Post
OP: I looked through the thread and didn't see it mentioned, but are you planning on using hearing protection? The decibels that thing will put out will cause permanent hearing damage. Although you may not care right now your future self and your friends and family may regret your choices.
Always. I don't wear plugs with an NRR less than 30. More than hearing loss I find riding with hearing protection to be a lot less stressful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelator View Post

dang it, someone beat me too it,

i ride 1 7/8 straight pipes-drag- never had a leo problem but the neighbors get upset sometimes and i'm being as quit as i can be
That was a funny episode. Haven't had any issues with LEO, and thankfully the neighbors haven't complained.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #55
spartandude
Custom User Title

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
750 honda shadow spirit

Member Garage

Quote:
Always. I don't wear plugs with an NRR less than 30. More than hearing loss I find riding with hearing protection to be a lot less stressful.
Totally agree.
spartandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #56
LDB415

Oh I started riding 40 years ago. I figured a fairly harsh expression of the reality of things would push a few buttons. That's the reality though to those who don't ride and to many who do.
LDB415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:06 AM   #57
Doug
Hangover

Bike(s):
FLTRX

So it's been a few months and I haven't been harassed over my pipes.

My lights on the other hand....
Old 12-28-2012, 02:22 AM   #58
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

The sleeper cell awakens.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #59
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'11 HD Softail Fatboy
'06 HD StreetRod VRSCR

Member Garage

Pictures of the lights or it didn't happened!!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #60
Doug
Hangover

Bike(s):
FLTRX

Ask and thee shall receive

21785 4379349293396 577188222 n zps09c63455

Advertisement