MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #21
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Welcome. Remember that your first bike isn't necessarily your last bike. Enjoy!
BigComfy is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cop rear ends rider, then BLAMES the rider CTtriple General Discussion (Moto Related) 76 11-06-2013 10:09 AM
Rider and co-rider down 290E & Barker Cypress jimrad General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-17-2011 12:17 AM
Any aspiring Triathletes around here? RoadracerNC Health and Fitness 17 05-19-2009 11:47 AM
Aspiring Video Editors/Film Makers? ArturoC Off Topic 17 08-13-2007 06:12 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #22
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street

Member Garage

good luck
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Rykoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:40 PM   #23
phantomzrex

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZRX1200R R.I.P.

Aspiring rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
I'm currently look at 250 and also Awesome cycle is actually my first choice for MSF,

I live in north Woodlands/Spring area.
WELCOME. I also agree with Awesome motorcycle safty course, good people, you will learn alot (if you pay attention) About the bike 250's are great starters, But if your worried that you will out grow it to quick then check out the Suzuki GS500F it is a twin cylinder, full fairing, light bike, 45-50 M.P.G. easy bike for a beginer as well as an intermediate rider, and a really nice looking sport bike. it's not near as fast as today's mid size bikes (600's) but faster than any 250. Easy to ride and its fun. They have been around since the mid 80's. (GS500F= fairing---GS500= no fairing) I owned one for a while, After I went into remission from cancer I picked up a 2008 GS500F it had been a while since i have rode a bike so I did'nt want anything to big I really liked it. I only got rid of it because I found a Kawi. ZRX1200R (Eddie Lawson replica-old school race bike) and I always wanted one, And this one is an "04" w/8,200 miles for $2,400.00 could'nt pass it up, and I could'nt have both. Sorry I got so long winded, but look into the suzuki it won't disappoint you............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................If your interested in a cruiser, I'm also familiar with the Suzuki S40 it's a single cylinder 650cc, A friend has one. It gets about 55 to 60 miles per gallon around town, slightly laid-back, comfy. They are also fairly inexpensive about $4,600.00 New, or good used about 2-3 K. . Well, This is all just my 0.12 cents worth............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................PS. I sold my GS500F (with low mileage under 3k) for $2,500 to sell quick so I wouldnt miss out on the kawasaki. You can expect around that range give or take a couple hundred for a really nice one.
phantomzrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #24
Thingstodo

I'm new too, and in the same shoes as you, a lot of my friends say a 250 will be boring within a month...I'm not into road rash though
Thingstodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #25
Elvenezuelan
Gute Zeite

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
11 GSXR 600 (RIP)
11 GSXR 600 (again)

Member Garage

Welcome to MH

I was on the almost in the same boat as you part time student online full time job. Always heard 250 are awesome to start out with just you get over them after a while. I didn't want to buy one then couple of months later be selling to buy again. so i went with a 600 and i effing LOVE it. These guys are very knowledgeable u learn a lot from them.
Elvenezuelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #26
alexhtwn

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2002 gsxr750 (sold)
bmx
2007 gsxr six hunddy.

welcome
Old 06-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #27