MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
Blanco
BORC O.G.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R & 09 ZX-14
'09 R1 (homeboy shopping network donation)
'07 ZX14 (sold)
'01 FZ1 (sold)
ZRX1100 (sold)

Public Service Announcement: Warning Sticker Removal

This post is totally serious and is intended to help. I see the question of sticker removal pop up on owners sites from time to time and I am creating this post to help....and I hope not off others.

Over my many years of riding and drooling over other cool bikes, I see something that I simply cannot understand: warning stickers on the fuel tank.

Scenario: A beautiful R6 (washed and waxed)with 1600.00 in modifications (fender eliminator, led's, pipe, PC) and warning stickers messing up the look of the beautiful tank.

I have to imagine that the owner really cares about the look of the bike based on the modifications but simply does not know how to remove the tank stickers.

1) Get a garden variety cheap hair dryer (never a heat gun)
2) Purchase a small bottle of Goo Gone at Walmart or Home Depot
3) Take the hair dryer to the garage and heat the warning sticker on the tank for easier removal.
a) When heating the warning sticker, keep the hair dryer a few inches away from the sticker and paint and move back and forth over the sticker. Take 3-4 minutes heating and moving the hair dryer around to loosen the adhesive. It is not a race and this step will save time removing adhesive residue in step 5.
4) After heating the warning sticker for several minutes, remove the sticker.
5) Depending on the sticker, time (months or years left on bike) and time spent on step 3, there will be a small amount of sticker residue.
6) Take a soft cotton cloth and apply a liberal amount of Goo Gone to the area of sticker residue. Allow the Goo Gone to sit for several minutes. It takes a bit of time to really soften the residue.
7) Take the soft cotton cloth and rub off the residue. There may be some left so just reapply the Goo Gone and wipe until it is completely gone.
8) Clean the area with soapy water, dry, and wax if you like.

Now the tank matches the look of the rest of the bike!!!
Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote