MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #21
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

seen a bunch on the "what lid do you wear" on the aprilia board.

won't see a bunch on the ducati board, cuz they all wear ducati lids, kinda like HD drones........lol

and being grinchy is a brit, he's in the know as well.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"SPOILER" WSBK Valencia Spies/Haga Grinchy Taking it to the Track 25 04-09-2009 03:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2012, 09:33 AM   #22
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
seen a bunch on the "what lid do you wear" on the aprilia board.

won't see a bunch on the ducati board, cuz they all wear ducati lids, kinda like HD drones........lol
Links? Does it say what area of the world they are from?
Old 06-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #23
Chuckster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

European fans have undying loyalty to their home riders. With Respol being a gigantic Spanish oil company, DORNA is going to kiss their and put a star rookie rider in their team. As stated in the article, this is part of the politics that has turned off Stoner and will eventually hurt the series. Moto2 and Moto3 have become the races to watch. , this weekend's Moto3 had 5 people swapping places for 1st in almost every corner. The only way MotoGP will be that exciting is if you pull one of the plug wires from the Repsol and Yamaha team bikes.
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #24
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Exactly. Where's the CE or BS shirts?
valentino rossi fans misano

Proof? I'd love to see some sales numbers by country.
poor choice of pic, in the background you can see Rossi sitting in the victors seat so wether this was post or pre podium there was always going to be a swathe of yellow and 46.

Additionally Rossi is the exception to the rule, every rider enjoys their home GP for that familiarity and home support but in Rossi's case and once confirmed in a quip by Stoner (I think it was), "every race is like a home GP for Rossi" due to the phenominal support he enjoys. See pic

why we brits love Colin

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stonerrossi_01.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	57710  
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #25
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
poor choice of pic, in the background you can see Rossi sitting in the victors seat so wether this was post or pre podium there was always going to be a swathe of yellow and 46.

Additionally Rossi is the exception to the rule, every rider enjoys their home GP for that familiarity and home support but in Rossi's case and once confirmed in a quip by Stoner (I think it was), "every race is like a home GP for Rossi" due to the phenominal support he enjoys. See pic

why we brits love Colin
I can post more, but I believe much more in your google search abilities than my time to post specifics sir.

I just checked Ben Spies Italian Fan Club on Facebook that is endorsed by him. It has a whooping 12 members. Jorge's page in Indonesia at least has over a 1,000....

Hey we love the Brits over here, so it's plausible that the Brits like some American riders. I don't think that the feeling is so mutual worldwide however.

As long as it's not a Frenchman, we're all okay....
Old 06-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #26
Chuckster

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

Edwards has a large fan base due to his upbeat personality. Just like Johnny Rea. They don't always finish on the box but they alway seem.to be in good spirits. , Colin was laughing about his broken collar bone.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #27
Random_Hero
Grand Optimist

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10R

Am I the only one who would enjoy seeing Spies and Edwards going back to WSBK? I have found myself enjoying WSBK races more and more every year and with the direction Dorna is going with their stuff its becoming boring.
Random_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:16 AM   #28
kenup283

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Nice Editorial, Grinchy... I even liked the title.

I did'nt like the rookie rule because of the unintended concequeses. I would call it the Colin Edwards rule...

It put the satilite riders in the hot seat, a revolving door with only an exit. I think it hurt Colin far worse then Ben. Basically meant if you're no longer in a factory ride you can't stay here long becuase... you see we have to give this new bloke your seat. I did'nt think Ben was up for a factory ride straight away anyway.. I recall him initially comiting to another year of WSBK and then being thankful to Yamaha for the opportunity to change his plans and move into GP a year sooner (not getting any younger you know).

Also well placed bit from CycleNews...those can be pretty funny. I have to say Stoner knew this would happen.... he put pressure on the rule makers and they bent. I think Lorenzo should buy him a new Mini-Van as gratitude for the pay hike he reviced as a result.

I wonder if the teams that made long term contracts with developing riders get to renig and say oh well that seat in 2013...no longer on the table. Read the fine print under where it says performance clause.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:24 AM   #29
kenup283

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Hero View Post
Am I the only one who would enjoy seeing Spies and Edwards going back to WSBK? I have found myself enjoying WSBK races more and more every year and with the direction Dorna is going with their stuff its becoming boring.
same owners own WSBK too... and they won't have to go to WSBK it come to them in form of CRT thing... That's kinda why the owners of GP bought WSBK, cause they were getting sued for infinging on WSBK by offering a production race series... Now they can't sue themselves.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #30
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenup283 View Post
Nice Editorial, Grinchy... I even liked the title.

I did'nt like the rookie rule because of the unintended concequeses. I would call it the Colin Edwards rule...

It put the satilite riders in the hot seat, a revolving door with only an exit. I think it hurt Colin far worse then Ben. Basically meant if you're no longer in a factory ride you can't stay here long becuase... you see we have to give this new bloke your seat. I did'nt think Ben was up for a factory ride straight away anyway.. I recall him initially comiting to another year of WSBK and then being thankful to Yamaha for the opportunity to change his plans and move into GP a year sooner (not getting any younger you know).

Also well placed bit from CycleNews...those can be pretty funny. I have to say Stoner knew this would happen.... he put pressure on the rule makers and they bent. I think Lorenzo should buy him a new Mini-Van as gratitude for the pay hike he reviced as a result.

I wonder if the teams that made long term contracts with developing riders get to renig and say oh well that seat in 2013...no longer on the table. Read the fine print under where it says performance clause.
a very good point
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #31
Random_Hero
Grand Optimist

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenup283 View Post
same owners own WSBK too... and they won't have to go to WSBK it come to them in form of CRT thing... That's kinda why the owners of GP bought WSBK, cause they were getting sued for infinging on WSBK by offering a production race series... Now they can't sue themselves.

Yeah I have been out of the loop on owners it appears. I honestly don't like the whole CRT thing. Its like a race in a race... yay you got 14th place, but you were the fastest CRT. Who gives a fk, just stay in moto2
Random_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #32
Chuckster

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Hero View Post
Yeah I have been out of the loop on owners it appears. I honestly don't like the whole CRT thing. Its like a race in a race... yay you got 14th place, but you were the fastest CRT. Who gives a fk, just stay in moto2

Some Moto2 bikes actually lap faster than the CRT bikes.

Advertisement