MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2007, 09:43 AM   #21
paniro187

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEric0430
What are the qualifications for getting on a endurance team?
i don't know i need to check out the tmgp site.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
looking at a RM 125 40acres Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 1 02-22-2015 05:35 PM
Just got a TTR 125 BYRDMAN Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 5 07-03-2009 04:09 PM
Crf50 to 125 yellowjacket Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 10 12-02-2008 03:34 PM
RM 125 delinquent Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 9 10-06-2008 02:47 PM
125 motorcycles Spanish Fly General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 03-05-2007 11:50 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2007, 09:50 AM   #22
issanni
assfault

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Send a message via MSN to issanni Send a message via Yahoo to issanni
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denee
I'm pretty much finished with the bike now. Little quirks will arise I'm sure as all bikes do. I rode it around the neighborhood for about 20 minutes before it became too dark. The headlights work off of the magneto(I guess), with the fluctuating lights at idle(irritating). It sounds pretty neat, a deep sound for such a small motor. What's irritating also is 4 gears! It feels like I need to shift at least one more time. Perhaps different gearing may help. First gear is very low and almost not needed. Anyway, if anyone is interested in looking/driving. It will be used mainly around the local neighborhood and as a pit bike. I see no reason to spend anymore money on it.

Would I recommend it? How much time do you have to spend? I just wanted it perfect as I can make it. I despise shotty workmanship as I found here and there on the bike. Most of you will be able to do as I did, and make it into something fun. If anyone does purchase one, I can give you tips on what you're probably going to run into.

This is the last post on this; if anyone needs more info, feel free to call me, email me, meet me, use telepathy, etc. Dont be shy; I don't bite! I'll write later on it when I've ridden it more and after the graphics are affixed.
dne'
832-607-9116

This shot may give you super modifiers an idea of blowing the bike out of proportion with a larger cc engine!
IMG 2981 1
The exhaust shown here, at prolonged idle will warp/distort the lower fairing as I found out!
125 update
So using exhaust wrap, this should help somewhat plus another stickon heat reflector was put in the faring itself.
125 update
Most of those chinese bikes use the same engine/trans no matter what they are. They use the same engine for 4wheelers, dirt bikes, street bikes, etc.....and my understanding is they are all old Honda engine designs from older Honda dirtbikes that the patents expired on.....
Old 01-12-2007, 10:24 AM   #23
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
if you know someone who wants to endurance my knock off we can. I'm getting tires from patrick next week.
Ooh... Ooh... pick me!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:27 AM   #24
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
i don't know i need to check out the tmgp site.
Not much differnt from CMRA except the pricing is alot cheaper and the bikes are smaller.

Need to safety wire what they want wired up and take your class for the license. It is all easy and inexpensive. Call Andy if you want to know exactly what to safety wire. I have a drill press if you want some help getting it ready.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:26 AM   #25
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
What are the qualifications for getting on a endurance team?
You probably have to be old enough to shave..........everyday
Old 01-12-2007, 11:27 AM   #26
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Not much differnt from CMRA except the pricing is alot cheaper and the bikes are smaller.

Need to safety wire what they want wired up and take your class for the license. It is all easy and inexpensive. Call Andy if you want to know exactly what to safety wire. I have a drill press if you want some help getting it ready.
if you want in let me know. drill press sounds good i need to do some 636 stuff too.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:31 AM   #27
JonEric0430
the slow and the retarded

Send a message via AIM to JonEric0430
Quote:
if you want in let me know. drill press sounds good i need to do some 636 stuff too.
How many people can get on a team?
Old 01-12-2007, 11:32 AM   #28
JonEric0430

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
You probably have to be old enough to shave..........everyday
Or young enough to be able to crouch over the tank...........
Old 01-12-2007, 11:45 AM   #29
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
yeah i want in!

Old 01-12-2007, 11:47 AM   #30
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
How many people can get on a team?
I believe you can have up to 5 for the 6 hour race but 4 over all is ideal. You can easily get by with 3 but never try to do a 6 hour with 2 guys. (It hurts!)

Old 01-12-2007, 11:56 AM   #31
JonEric0430

Hook a brother up on the details.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:28 PM   #32
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

TMGP: 6-8 races per year. All in Katy or Denton. Go cart tracks .5 and .7 miles long, with enough variety to keep you entertained. 3 classes - 1. Stock YSR 50 with pipe and carb 2. Leight weight super bike: 100cc four stroke with clutch, 110cc automatic, 50cc two stroke liquid cooled, or 60cc air cooled. Any frame, any engine, and tires, everything goes 3. Super Bike: 65cc two stroke, 125cc four stroke.

5 riders to a team for a season. Must take rider's school, available every race. Endurance is only allowed on your second weekend, and you must race a sprint race on the first weekend. Rider's school is waived if you have a CMRA license, or a bunch of A group trackdays under your belt (at promoter's discretion), or a good talker.

Endurance races are Saturday. Races are 3-6 hours. Points are scored by number of laps completed added to the number of competitors in the race you beat. Laps are 40 seconds at Katy and 50 at Denton for an average novice. Good teams can turn prolly 300 laps in a 3 hour race. Novice and expert classes. Trophies every weekend and for the whole year.

Sprint races are Sunday. 8 laps. Winner gets the most points. Season champ crowned at year end. Prolly 15-20 races on Sunday. 5-6 races runs you $75 or so. Most bikes can be raced in a number of classes. Scooter class for fun. Pocketbike also.

Fees are $35 for a year long license, about $30 for rider's school, $25 an hour for the endurance race (i.e 3 hour race - $75 per team....3 riders = $25 each aka cheaper than track 21). First weekend expect to spend $100 with annual license, school, gas, oil...) After the first weekend you can get by spending as little as $35 or so. For $275 you can get a membership to the track and have 24/7 access and unlimited use (except when karts are racing).

Prep: basic safety wiring is required. Oil fill, oil drain, cotter pin in axles, caliper mounting bolts wired. I can prep a whole bike in 30 minutes on race morning to pass "tech"

This is no pressure, no glory, old fat guy, little kid, wife, daughter, son racing. Winner takes home a t shirt at season end. But it is very competitive, while relatively safe. Ambulances are on site at all tracks.

Skills learned transfer directly to the big bikes. And if you've never really dragged a knee or done a two wheel powerslide braking into, around, and out of a turn you might have some fun.

Last edited by Mr.P; 01-12-2007 at 12:33 PM.
Mr.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:15 PM   #33
paniro187

Quote:
Hook a brother up on the details.
i guess at some point those who want to ride we can meet some where i can bring the bike and let others ride it. It has knobbies on it now but I'm getting the tires from pat next week though i don't know how long it will take to get them . i'm getting the suspension stuff and just about everything else from this site.

https://s.p6.hostingprod.com/@www.st...546a693685f313

Advertisement