MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2007, 02:50 PM   #21
issanni
assfault

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Send a message via MSN to issanni Send a message via Yahoo to issanni
on the topic of T-Mobile....somebody needs to tell those sales in the mall that if I don't walk up to your booth to ask about signing up doesn't mean I want YOU to ask me!

I worked in retail and outside sales for Sprint Cellular WAYYY back in the day......there was no BIG 4 back then....
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things that suck at work, your work, my work any work urbanXJ Off Topic 115 07-30-2014 06:08 PM
Work is PWNING me, no time for anything. Who else is getting PWNED by work? NewRider Off Topic 52 04-15-2012 12:36 AM
Sprint Help DvlRacer Off Topic 18 03-20-2010 05:52 PM
working on bike so i can ride to work got me sick. now i'm missing work, lol loosenoose Off Topic 6 11-27-2008 10:27 AM
good prep work leads to nice paint work... houseofpaint Off Topic 3 02-18-2007 12:06 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2007, 02:55 PM   #22
koskesh
May i go to the Bathroom?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 gsxr750

Quote:
Originally Posted by issanni
on the topic of T-Mobile....somebody needs to tell those sales in the mall that if I don't walk up to your booth to ask about signing up doesn't mean I want YOU to ask me!

I worked in retail and outside sales for Sprint Cellular WAYYY back in the day......there was no BIG 4 back then....

Those guys work for indirect dealers, most of them Mobile Solutions, and work only on commision so I can understand them hounding people. If they dont then they wont make any money.
koskesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:25 PM   #23
issanni
assfault

Quote:
Originally Posted by koskesh
Those guys work for indirect dealers, most of them Mobile Solutions, and work only on commision so I can understand them hounding people. If they dont then they wont make any money.

To me that's no excuse. I don't go to the mall to be cold called which is exactly what they are doing, just without using a phone to do it.

Being paid by commision only is not an excuse for hounding every person who walks by. I'm quite sure there are enough people who visit the mall and will walk up and sign up and buy or whatever to keep those guys making money.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:51 PM   #24
koskesh

Bike(s):
06 gsxr750

Well there are aggressive sales people and people who take orders like they work at Mcdonalds. Usually the aggresive ones are the ones who like money, are willing to hustle for it, and usually end up being succesful. The ones that take orders never get anywhere in a company that rely on sales for their income and are content with minimum earnings.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:57 PM   #25
issanni
assfault

Quote:
Well there are aggressive sales people and people who take orders like they work at Mcdonalds. Usually the aggresive ones are the ones who like money, are willing to hustle for it, and usually end up being succesful. The ones that take orders never get anywhere in a company that rely on sales for their income and are content with minimum earnings.
We'll just have to agree to disagree. Nothing you say is going to convince me those guys aren't just following orders from their manager/owner to bug every f'ing person who walks by.

There is no way in EVERY T-Mobile sales person would do it in every different mall in town if it were any other way......T-Mobile dealers just haven't lucked into hiring all the "agressive" husltling sales people....
Old 01-11-2007, 04:07 PM   #26
koskesh

Bike(s):
06 gsxr750

Well ofcourse their manager is going to tell them to "bug" everbody. And out of everybody they "bug" a few will actually stop and finally sign up for service which is the goal. And i dont expect you to understand unless youve been in that position. Some people just dont get it.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:11 PM   #27
issanni
assfault

Quote:
Well ofcourse their manager is going to tell them to "bug" everbody. And out of everybody they "bug" a few will actually stop and finally sign up for service which is the goal. And i dont expect you to understand unless youve been in that position. Some people just dont get it.
I have been in that position. I worked retail and outside sales for 10 years. I know all about it.....I've been in customer service for about 17 years, and I know that bugging people and harassing them does nothing but most of them off. I'd never sign up with T-Mobile just simply because of those sales tactics, no matter how good their service is claimed to be or what great deals they have.

Just like I would never buy from any of the other morons with kiosks in the mall that try to offer to straighten my hair or give me free soap or put a head massager on my head that's been on 3000 other people's heads.....every time I walk past them even if they just asked me 2 minutes before that.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:14 PM   #28
koskesh

Bike(s):
06 gsxr750

Well im not going to argue with you about this. Obviously you have your beliefs and I have mine.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:17 PM   #29
issanni
assfault

Quote:
Well im not going to argue with you about this. Obviously you have your beliefs and I have mine.
+1
Old 01-11-2007, 05:30 PM   #30
scrapp
I need earplugs.

Send a message via AIM to scrapp
I knew that CDMA was old, But I was told it was "digital" and it still works better over the GSM.

Basically what they told me contridicted with what I allready knew, but they honestly seemed like the would know more then me, so I went ahead and followed.

And I was also wrong, I completly forgot AT&T bought cingular, We were just talking about that a few days ago, I dont know how that slipped my mind.
scrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:31 PM   #31
koskesh

Bike(s):
06 gsxr750

It is digital but still started off with analog and for instance cdma uses two forms of digital, one of them extended, and analog and thats where you get trimode digital. GSM on the other hand has always been digital and since digital draws less juice you will notice that cdma phones have lower battery life compared to GSM. GSM users, being all digital, will also experience better clarity with their calls than with cdma. I know this personally cause at one point I worked for Verizon and when switching to At&T, which became Cingular a few months later, I instantly noticed a difference in sound quality. And believe me every company you work for will explain the advantage of their services ove other companies and thats what their supposed to do. Kinda give you selling tools to help close a deal when other providers are mentioned.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:38 PM   #32
scrapp
I need earplugs.

ok, I thought it was like a "new version" of cdma. So basically...sprint sounds like a pile of , heh.

so then, what is the real reason that makes sprint good? I rather hear a honest 3rd party opinion. Im a liar when it comes to selling , I like to tell them the truth.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:47 PM   #33
koskesh

Bike(s):
06 gsxr750

The fact that almost anyone can get approved with a $125 deposit is good for you as a sales person cause youll get more activations. Which is good for you
Old 01-11-2007, 06:49 PM   #34
koskesh

Bike(s):
06 gsxr750

Other than that i dont think too much of the company. Its just easy to sell cause everyone knows they can get approved there.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:10 PM   #35
scrapp
I need earplugs.

dude....some nolas came in wanting two lines. I told them it was gonna cost $500 a line to get signed up, LOLOLOLOL ****ing nolas.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:55 PM   #36
koskesh

Bike(s):
06 gsxr750

Man im telling you that you will see the worst in people working at Sprint or pretty much any cellphone company. And it will amaze you how people want to always upgrade to a new phone yet they have a busted headlight or bumper hanging off their car and instead of spending the money to get it fixed they'd rather spend it on a new cellphone cause thats their form of a status symbol.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:30 AM   #37
issanni
assfault

Quote:
Man im telling you that you will see the worst in people working at Sprint or pretty much any cellphone company.

That's no lie. Back in like 1994 when I was working at Sprint Cellular, that was when cell phones first started becoming affordable for the common person. I had a guy come in who was obviously a small time drug dealer.....just by looking at him. He wanted to get a phone and back then credit checks were much more strict then they are now, he came back owing a $2000 deposit to get activated. I was think, yeah right, he's not going to pay it but he says he'll be back that afternoon to activate. Sure enough he came back and paid me $2000 in $5 and $10 bills and paid an extra $1000 in advance on service. Just goes to show you can never judge people by how they look when you're in sales. We used to have the grungiest nasty f'ing people come in there and plop down THOUSANDS of dollars to get cell phones and that was back before it was trendy and hardly anyone had one. Back then a $100 rate plan got you like 200 minutes or something like that. I remember getting chewed out by my regional manager for using right at or just over 1000 minutes on my gratis phone for doing business....he said slow it down I don't even use that much.

Advertisement