MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #61
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterchild2 View Post
Well the stock cans on the R1 are hideous...so I upragred to the 2-Brothers Titanium Exhaust with the Juice Box, and K & N air filter. That was around $1400 for parts. Integrated tail light, flush-mount turn signals, license plate kit, ASV levers, R1 gel grips, R1 frame sliders and the R1 cushion seat! All that just to clean the bike up! So add all that up including labor that's around $2500. Almost every R1 owner changes most if not all of the things I mentioned above.

I don't think that's limited to R1 owners.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW DUNLOPS FOR 2012 QBE Australian Superbike Championship Whoop Taking it to the Track 1 12-27-2011 07:06 PM
2012 Ducati Panigale - the Superbike has been redefined! TMPSW Team Mancuso Powersports SOUTHWEST 1 11-07-2011 06:49 PM
2012 Ducati Superbike Spyshots phiseph General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 06-02-2011 03:21 PM
Megyn gives the SMACK DOWN FKNA The Circus 13 07-15-2010 10:37 AM
Krugman needs a smack down ... logan5 The Circus 3 04-05-2010 04:24 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #62
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Multi-Strada 1100S
1993 Ducati 900SS (Designated Sweeper)
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

Exactly! Put a regular guy in a Formula 1 racing car and more than likely they will crash after turn 1!
J.J. McQuade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #63
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Multi-Strada 1100S
1993 Ducati 900SS (Designated Sweeper)
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
I don't think that's limited to R1 owners.
True! I guess any and all bikes can be upgraded in the same fashion! The only bike I can think of that i wouldn't touch would be the MV Augusta F4! That is a work of art!
J.J. McQuade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #64
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
To each their own and winning a magazine shoot is great for hype. But let me know when it wins a manufacturers title in wsbk. Magazine titles just dont seem to have the same luster, now do they?
Old 06-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #65
Bounce305
The Brasileiro!!!!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
To each their own and winning a magazine shoot is great for hype. But let me know when it wins a manufacturers title in wsbk. Magazine titles just dont seem to have the same luster, now do they?
now this comes down to riders as well.put all the riders on all the same bikes let them all get used to them and take the faster times from all.. and see comes up on top. that would be the only way to truly find out what bike is better...

you can put a okay rider on the best bike in the world. and a great rider in a decent bike and the great rider will almost always win. the bike helps but it comes down to the riders imo
Old 06-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #66
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post

I'm more interested in who wins BSB and AMASBK than WSBK. Sure WSBK claims to be production-based, but those bikes are so far removed from what sits on the showroom floor that you can't really judge the bike by how they perform at that level.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement