Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2012, 08:07 AM   #21
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW DUNLOPS FOR 2012 QBE Australian Superbike Championship Whoop Taking it to the Track 1 12-27-2011 07:06 PM
2012 Ducati Panigale - the Superbike has been redefined! TMPSW Team Mancuso Powersports SOUTHWEST 1 11-07-2011 06:49 PM
2012 Ducati Superbike Spyshots phiseph General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 06-02-2011 03:21 PM
Megyn gives the SMACK DOWN FKNA The Circus 13 07-15-2010 10:37 AM
Krugman needs a smack down ... logan5 The Circus 3 04-05-2010 04:24 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #22
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce305 View Post
ive had the
HONDA CBR 1000rr
rode for a few weeks a GSXR1000
still have a Hayabusa
owned a RSV1000R factory
owned a BMWS1000RR
owned a DUCATI 1098.

in my opnion the best bike out of all of these was the S1000rr
followed by the HONDA, and after that the Aprilia.

one bike a lot of people drool over is the DUCATI and i can tell you unless its just a second/track only bike i would not want another ducati..

but like its mentioned above until you ride the BMW you dont know what you are missing.. only reason i didnt buy another one was finances. but soon i will be back on the S1000 again.
so your opinion is based on toodling down public streets? Just want to be clear that you're suggesting that the BMW is best at being a cruiser instead of a sportbike.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #23
Tony1K
CMRA #721

Feedback Rating: (20)

Bike(s):
2015 Aprilia RSV4 Factory Race Bike
2011 YZ450F Dirt
2015 Honda Grom

Rode my BMW at the track for the first time and it was awesome. I have a 2009 GSXR 1000 with everything you can put on it and in my opinion the stock BMW performed just as good if not better. Only thing I plan to change are the front forks... Ohlins RT Forks and it will be Golden.
Tony1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:38 AM   #24
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Multi-Strada 1100S
1993 Ducati 900SS (Designated Sweeper)
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

How much is maintenance? What is the service schedule on the BMW? My R1 along with most bikes is every 4K miles and cost me under $200 per maintenance, and if I wasn't so mechanically un-inclined would cost less. bikes are so reliable just wondering if the BMW is just as reliable?
J.J. McQuade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:38 AM   #25
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1K View Post
Rode my BMW at the track for the first time and it was awesome. I have a 2009 GSXR 1000 with everything you can put on it and in my opinion the stock BMW performed just as good if not better. Only thing I plan to change are the front forks... Ohlins RT Forks and it will be Golden.

That's kind of a massive change, don't you think?
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Old 06-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #26
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

BMW bikes are reliable
. Its just an inline 4
Neon Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #27
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Bike(s):
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

With the cost of my bike and all the accessories it came out to be more than a stock BMW! That's one thing I do not like about bikes! Right off the bat you are going to spend 2K for a new exhuast, new levers, grips, etc. European bikes seem to be more refined coming out of the box.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #28
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterchild2 View Post
With the cost of my bike and all the accessories it came out to be more than a stock BMW! That's one thing I do not like about bikes! Right off the bat you are going to spend 2K for a new exhuast, new levers, grips, etc. European bikes seem to be more refined coming out of the box.
Why wouldn't you spend that same money on a Euro bike?

CMRA #302
Old 06-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #29
Bounce305
The Brasileiro!!!!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
so your opinion is based on toodling down public streets? Just want to be clear that you're suggesting that the BMW is best at being a cruiser instead of a sportbike.
uuuhhhh thata negative there is nothing about that bike that is a cruiser... sorry if you never had the chance to ride one you would know what im talking about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1K View Post
PO-Po see this is what im talking about i took all of the bike to the track besides the gixxer and the busa. BMW was to me by far the better one on the track and off the track and without having to spend 5k to get it there.. while blowing by everyones worked bike...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterchild2 View Post
How much is maintenance? What is the service schedule on the BMW? My R1 along with most bikes is every 4K miles and cost me under $200 per maintenance, and if I wasn't so mechanically un-inclined would cost less. bikes are so reliable just wondering if the BMW is just as reliable?
after the first service i would says it fairly similar in prices.. i would spend about 300 or so... sometimes less sometimes more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
BMW bikes are reliable
. Its just an inline 4
exactly
Old 06-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #30
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2014 BMW s1000R

THe problem is most of these people have BMW envy. Its a superior machine with equal riders will spank your little rice burner. Also, its VERY comfortable for a sportbike. I Did the whole 3 sisters to houston and back run on it with some saddle bags, was a blast. Most people knock it havent even ridden it. Granted some people think its expensive, but really its not...
Old 06-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #31
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2014 BMW s1000R

Quote:
Why wouldn't you spend that same money on a Euro bike?
most of the stuff isnt as cheap as teh stuff so no need.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #32
jin

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

Quote:
THe problem is most of these people have BMW envy. Its a superior machine with equal riders will spank your little rice burner. Also, its VERY comfortable for a sportbike. I Did the whole 3 sisters to houston and back run on it with some saddle bags, was a blast. Most people knock it havent even ridden it. Granted some people think its expensive, but really its not...
To each their own. I certainly don't envy ANY manufacturer. Even if I had all the money in the world I'd still buy a Kawasaki or a Yamaha because hey, that's just what I like.
jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #33
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Bike(s):
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

For those of us with wives will know what I'm talking about! I just spent 13K on a new bike and now I have to spend another 3K to add to it! Talk about a off wife! They don't understand why we have to add all this stuff! They just see $$$$! So if the stock BMW will out-perform bikes in every category than why not buy one!
Old 06-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #34
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
THe problem is most of these people have BMW envy...
That's something your mom tells you when you're actually just ugly or fat and that's why the other kids pick on you.

The article even states that the majority of riders will never come close to the true performance capabilities of any of the bikes tested.

Can you be happy because the bike you like won the road test portion of a subjective magazine article? Sure.

Should anyone else really give a ? Probably not.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #35
Tony1K
CMRA #721

Feedback Rating: (20)

Bike(s):
2015 Aprilia RSV4 Factory Race Bike
2011 YZ450F Dirt
2015 Honda Grom

Quote:
That's kind of a massive change, don't you think?
No, not massive at all compared to what you have to change on the gsxr to be anywhere near competitive. The gsxr I had to change front and rear suspension, full exhaust, bazzaz programmer with traction control and auto tunner, brake lines, $255 veserah xx brake pads, and much more which cost me over 5gs easy. All I have to do is put $2500 set of forks on the BMW and it out performs my gsxr on braking with stock brakes and horse power completely stock.
Tony1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #36
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2014 BMW s1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jin View Post
To each their own. I certainly don't envy ANY manufacturer. Even if I had all the money in the world I'd still buy a Kawasaki or a Yamaha because hey, that's just what I like.
But you never RODE a BMW...its just not right to say that.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #37
675Raisinator

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2012 Triumph 675
2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Track scooter)

zee germans knock the snot out of all the other bikes. never been on such a comfortable sports bike
Old 06-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #38
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Bike(s):
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

Oh yeah forgot about the $250 R1 cushion seat I had to add becuase my gooch was killing me on the stock one!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #39
jin

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

Quote:
But you never RODE a BMW...its just not right to say that.
I don't WANT to ride a BMW. I'm glad you love their bikes so much but you don't need to work so hard to convince others to like them too.
jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #40
RustinR
250 rolling track chicane

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2003 Honda RC51
2011 Honda CBR250R (track bike)
1972 Kawasaki H2 Cafe Racer

Yeah, I read that review earlier. Pretty darn sweet, but kind of like some of the others said, what the @#% is up with the headlights? BMW's been doing weird stuff with the front ends for a while...not sure what the deal is there. Badass bike though, I'd love to ride one. I suppose I'll own one at some point, just need to clear some space. Admittedly the idea of a 'comfortable' sportbike is just pretty appealing after riding my RC51 for the last five years. It's a pretty awesome bike too but comfort is not one if its attributes!

Advertisement