MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

BMW S1000SR Naked

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...ting/Post.aspx

Quote:
BMW is already well ahead in the development of a naked version of its class-leading S1000RR superbike as these spy shots taken at a BMW test facility reveal.

The naked S1000RR – to be called the S1000SR according to insiders – looks highly developed with a specially designed half-fairing with a passing resemblance to that seen on the Aprilia RSV4 Tuono.

It’s been a relatively quiet 18 months for BMW with only the revamped S1000RR superbike and the two 650cc scooters appearing as new models. It's not clear when the naked S1000 will be launched.

The technical specification of the bike is also unknown. There is a chance BMW has taken the brave step of just ripping off the fairing and leaving the 197bhp inline four-cylinder motor, chassis and running gear alone – changing only the handlebars for a more upright riding position.

This would be a unique step, as every other naked bike derived from a superbike, such as the Ducati Streetfighter and Aprilia RSV4 Tuono, have had power softened and some hefty chassis changes too. MCN expects a slightly lower power output of around 160bhp.

What do you want from a naked S1000RR? A savage, full-power naked or a slightly softened, firendlier bike?
sweeet
Neon Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Naked BMW s1000r ---boo Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 11-10-2013 08:11 PM
Naked... AaronP220 General Discussion (Moto Related) 48 04-30-2009 12:57 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

ah, and I-4 nekkid rocket is no biggie

honda has that cbr1000r or whatever it is....
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Pretty cool, hope they don't plan on just ripping off the fairings, putting handle bars on, and selling it for only a grand less though...

I say it has potential...
Old 06-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
Jesse H

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
05 Harley Road King

Quote:
This would be a unique step, as every other naked bike derived from a superbike, such as the Ducati Streetfighter and Aprilia RSV4 Tuono, have had power softened and some hefty chassis changes too. MCN expects a slightly lower power output of around 160bhp.
The B-King, although on a different chassis so it's a tad heavier, has the same motor taken out of the Hayabusa.

I'd love for BMW to make this beast, I'm a huge fan of naked bikes.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #5
iBang

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'01 SV650N
'04 R1

I'd be all over that. Ashley wants the RR but it never really did it for me. It was cool, but it didn't make me want to go out and spend the money. A naked version however, THAT I could get into!
iBang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Oh they'll build them alright... for Europe where nakeds are popular. Whether they bring it stateside is questionable. The Big Four have finally started litre nudes agains, but they don't appear to be flying out of the showroom floor. TuonoV4 and Z1000 can hardly be called naked, as they're covered with enough plastics that the engines are not exactly very exposed.

Suzuki had a one-yr one-hit wonder with the B-King. No doubt killed by the Great Recession. That's my current favorite and if one cheap enough comes along, I may have to add it to the collection.

Triumph seems to be the only one that can hawk some serious naked goods. I would buy the new Speed Triple R if it weren't so darn expensive.

Maybe this MadMax version is BMW's way to gauging public reaction:
Wunderlich MadMax 01
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement