MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
z0sum
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 76


Bike(s):
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R









Tire Patch?

Can anyone direct to tires shops in Houston (preferably in the SW area) that work on motorcycle tires and can patch a tire for me? i have a very small nail in my rear tire which I wanted to get patched, where should I go to get that patched?
z0sum is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
plug and patch tire Busa_Bullet General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 02-27-2009 08:03 AM
Tire patch or plug tonyt915 General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 01-30-2009 02:20 AM
Plug, patch, or new tire? blends Off Topic 20 09-25-2008 11:13 AM
tire patch question OMEGA Performance and Modifications 29 01-21-2008 12:54 PM
So i got a Nail in my tire! patch or get new tire? AznGoneNuts General Discussion (Moto Related) 56 10-24-2006 03:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
sullivan
Senior Member
 
sullivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,806

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2008 Ninja EX650R
2005 Yamaha YZ250F








Quote:
Originally Posted by z0sum View Post
Can anyone direct to tires shops in Houston (preferably in the SW area) that work on motorcycle tires and can patch a tire for me? i have a very small nail in my rear tire which I wanted to get patched, where should I go to get that patched?
When I got a nail in my tire I called motorcycle unlimited, and they said they don't recommend patching a tire. But I think they can still do it.

I ended up buying a new tire from Two Wheel Toys, they have free installation, very competitive prices. You can bring your bike in or just the rim and old tire, its still free at 2 Wheel Toyz!!!

Motorcycles Unlimited
Member Discounts Available
From Sportbikes to Cruisers, We Do It All!
Sales, Service, Parts and Accessories, MotoHouston Specials!!
281 444 0545 | Patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com | 1964 FM 1960 West

2 Wheel Toyz
Member Discounts Available
Parts, service and accessories for for the street or off road. | 5 Spencer Hwy in South Houston near Hobby Airport. | Call us at 713-946-2400
__________________
There goes Jim on his Kawi with a curb monkey hanging off of him like a lemur.
squid
sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
z0sum
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 76


Bike(s):
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R









Quote:
Originally Posted by sullivan View Post
When I got a nail in my tire I called motorcycle unlimited, and they said they don't recommend patching a tire. But I think they can still do it.

I ended up buying a new tire from Two Wheel Toys, they have free installation, very competitive prices. You can bring your bike in or just the rim and old tire, its still free at 2 Wheel Toyz!!!

Motorcycles Unlimited
Member Discounts Available
From Sportbikes to Cruisers, We Do It All!
Sales, Service, Parts and Accessories, MotoHouston Specials!!
281 444 0545 | Patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com | 1964 FM 1960 West

2 Wheel Toyz
Member Discounts Available
Parts, service and accessories for for the street or off road. | 5 Spencer Hwy in South Houston near Hobby Airport. | Call us at 713-946-2400
Thanks man! That's exactly the information I needed, appreciate it.
z0sum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
z0sum
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 76


Bike(s):
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R









Oh one more thing, do you know if 2WTs does patching for tires as well?
z0sum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #5
sullivan
Senior Member
 
sullivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,806

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2008 Ninja EX650R
2005 Yamaha YZ250F








Quote:
Originally Posted by z0sum View Post
Oh one more thing, do you know if 2WTs does patching for tires as well?
You got their number, call and ask
__________________
There goes Jim on his Kawi with a curb monkey hanging off of him like a lemur.
squid
sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #6
z0sum
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 76


Bike(s):
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R









Quote:
Originally Posted by sullivan View Post
You got their number, call and ask
Yea they were closed until tomorrow though, I was just curious if you knew, lol. It's all good though, I"ll just call tomorrow and find out.
z0sum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy