MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #21
Track_Graphics

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Helmet-less biker dies in crash. Basically the same as my Dad's headline and in both his and the Harkness case, nowhere in the article does it say they died of head injuries or even had them. Unfortunatly, Harkness probably did, but if he didn't do you think they will clear that up or just let the reader believe what naturally comes to mind?
"He slammed into the guardrail" that's what they said about Eric - and a lot more misplaced facts. Him and my Pa both had mechanical failures. My Pa bled to death because his heart got ripped out of place. He had no palms left on his hands, but his head only had a little scratch on the forehead. Eric's bike rolled over him on the rail cutting off an arm and a leg.
Jeremy got catapulted into a chain link fence and his internal organs turned to jelly, but "The rider was not wearing a helmet". (The dumbass did have it strapped under his seat)
They know how they are writing and they know the picture you get in your head.
Of course that's what witnesses and the police say. Sure, they're facts. And they surely can get it on the news without setting the reader up for assumptions.

And I do admit that in these cases, yeah, there is a possibility that their somewhat close. Somewhat.....

And I appologize for thread jacking for my rant, but I hate tainted writing, and it's intentional. They know what they're writing and it's their job. But I'll stop now and I really do want peace and the absolute best for those suffereing right now.
I'm done now. Sorry.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2up lesson... Lucar General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 11-26-2012 03:41 PM
2up Dead Bevo General Discussion (Moto Related) 63 06-16-2011 09:31 PM
NOOB FOREST RIDE *ALL BIKES WELCOME* ~2UP WELCOME~ MudBug Events, Meets and Rides 119 02-08-2011 06:49 PM
2up head on crash vid bentgixxer General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 09-07-2010 10:15 PM
2up? marimirez General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 01-15-2008 07:52 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #22
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
I hate tainted writing, and it's intentional. They know what they're writing and it's their job.
Sorry, but that's pure bullshit. There's no prejudice against motorcycling or motorcyclists in the news room
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #23
Track_Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Sorry, but that's pure bullshit. There's no prejudice against motorcycling or motorcyclists in the news room
I don't see how this is going to get me a lead and a great deal for an 09 or 10 R1, but you can freely state your opinion.

Is there any news on the two injured?
Old 06-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #24
Longhorn87

Bike(s):
08 BKing
Softail - sold fast
ZX10-sold
500 Interceptor-sold
way too many dirt bikes-sold

No one could include "wasn't wearing a helmet" if everyone would just wear one
Old 06-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #25
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
Is there any news on the two injured?
Rider in serious condition but expected to survive. Passenger is critical after surgery
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #26
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

"...The third motorcycle slammed into the trailer, throwing the man who was driving it and the woman with him. They both flew about 50 feet..."

With all due repspect to the injured, Even the lightest human body do not fly 50ft in the air, from an altitude of 5ft, without some serious muzzle velocity. If we know their exact weight, we can actually back-caculate the impact velocity and be accurate to a good degree. I would not doubt the 80mph number.

Typically,the investigating officer would roll his measurement wheel from the point of impact to where the rider/passenger ended up. The police report is public record and anybody can request it. If you really care about what is written on the report, wait a wk or so and call in.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:54 AM   #27
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2012...l-after-crash/

Quote:
Motorcycle passenger dies at hospital after crash

A woman has died at the hospital after she was injured in a traffic crash when the motorcycle she was riding slammed into the back of a trailer that was being towed by a pickup in north Harris County earlier this week.

Autumn Waters died in the wreck, which occurred about 8:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 19400 block of Stuebner Airline near Hooks Memorial Airport, according to the Harris County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies said Waters, who was a passenger on the motorcycle, was rushed to Memorial Hermann hospital, where she died Wednesday.

The man who was driving the motorcycle was flown by LifeFlight medical helicopter to Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center. He was in critical condition.

Deputies said three motorcycles were traveling northbound on Stuebner Airline when they approached a Chevrolet pickup that was towing a trailer carrying landscaping equipment and making a left turn.

The first motorcycle went around the trailer and the second one stopped. But, deputies said, the driver of the third motorcycle, which was carrying Waters, slammed into the rear of the trailer.

Deputies said the impact threw Waters from the motorcycle over the trailer, and the helmet she was wearing came off her head before she hit the ground. The motorcycle driver hit the trailer.

Advertisement