Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #21
ericlw
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

User is banned

ericlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
peeve: exiting 59 into SL... lucydad General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 02-07-2013 12:58 AM
Sick in Public - My Pet Peeve Meaner-n-u Off Topic 38 07-27-2011 12:58 PM
Biggest Pet Peeve while riding? BaylorNinja500 General Discussion (Moto Related) 108 07-16-2010 01:01 PM
Do you have a PET PEEVE? Vent! Let it out! PoPoRiderRR Off Topic 80 01-30-2008 09:00 PM
people with iridium face shields (pet peeve) AznGoneNuts General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 10-11-2007 11:32 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #22
chevy42083

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered

Regaurding liability insurance... I have yet to hear of an accident that was CAUSED by the bike. Usually it's the impatient cages. More likely, I find trashed expensive bicycles and drivers who wish to not involve insurance.
Not saying there aren't any, just saying it really isn't common from what I've seen. I've hung out in cycling crowds and forums for YEARS.
I will say that the "vehicular cycling" section of cycling forums has a ton of people who are just retarded.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #23
chevy42083

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg

Oh, and you know that on the rode (no matter what vehicle) that cuts you off, passes too close, or is just going slow... how you tend to give them ?

Yeah, the cyclists do that too.

Critical Mass is a whole nother story... one night a month, in one place in select cities. Yet it provokes bad press from EVERYONE. I think it does more harm than good, depending on the route. My idea of a good route didn't match the leaders, which is why I quit going.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #24
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Why stop at bicylists? Make the pedestrians pay registration and buy insurance too. Afterall, jaywalking is a ticketable offense. 'Bout time we add a WWI to the DWI. 3 strikes on that baby, and County will make you blow into a breathalizer before you cross the street. And if you are a good looking chick, you can blow the Constable instead.

While you are at it, tag 'em deers, racoons, armadillos, and worst of all, f*cking vultures. Hey pal, you don't pay, you don't eat at the highway buffet.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #25
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfy View Post
Why stop at bicylists? Make the pedestrians pay registration and buy insurance too. Afterall, jaywalking is a ticketable offense. 'Bout time we add a WWI to the DWI. 3 strikes on that baby, and County will make you blow into a breathalizer before you cross the street. And if you are a good looking chick, you can blow the Constable instead.

While you are at it, tag 'em deers, racoons, armadillos, and worst of all, f*cking vultures. Hey pal, you don't pay, you don't eat at the highway buffet.
I couldn't agree more.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #26
CombatM0NKEY
Call me TOOTs..

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
1995 Honda Shadow 600VLX

Honda Xr50

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via MSN to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via Yahoo to CombatM0NKEY
MUST... GET... TRAINHORN!!!!
CombatM0NKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #27
chevy42083

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatM0NKEY View Post
MUST... GET... TRAINHORN!!!!
That's the best... the cagers NEVER expect a loud horn from a bicycle
Old 06-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #28
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Tags and insurance on bikes is retarded. Should kids have to register and pay too? Cmon. Some seriously small minded thinking going on in here.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #29
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

hooligans
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #30
LRD
Kawi Green!

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
05 636
08 250 (Sold)

Quote:

Well played... But seriously though, there are some morons out there who can't even cross the road without something up
LRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #31
triumphant675r

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'09 Triumph Daytona 675 Triple

Member Garage

Atlanta has bicycle lanes everywhere. Just enough space and keeps them out of the way.
Anyone wear chaps with fishnet shirts? My friends give me for it, but I feel most comfortable this way. Just seeing if anyone else out there feels the same. Also looking for other men interested in riding.
triumphant675r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #32
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

The main thing that me off about bicycles is when they ride 5 or 6 wide when there is a 5 ft shoulder but they are almost all the way to the center of the road and heaven forbid if U hit one, plus the running of red lights and stop signs gets under my skin too
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #33
chevy42083

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg

Bike lanes only work if they are pothole, mud, gravel, and debri free... and wide enough. Most of them in Houston are NOT. It's something you don't notice till you try to use them. AND... people don't treat it as a lane and cut straight across it making right turns into cyclists.
I'd rather ride in a lane than wreck/fall into it.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #34
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxSandman View Post
Perhapse this will make you feel better:

Cummins vs Bicycles - YouTube
Dang man , that's just wrong. lol
Old 06-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #35
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Legally, a bicycle has the right to the full width of the lane, just like any other road vehicle. Most cyclists stay to the side of the road for the convenience of other road users, NOT because they have to.

Also, most city ordinance prohibits bicycle riding on sidewalks. The only exceptions are typically given to small children riding below a certain speed (5mph?) and accompanied by adults. Unfortunately, many bicyclists unwittingly break this law, no doubting fearing for their lives in a attempt to stay out of the way of the kinda angry drivers voicing their opinions here.

A bicycle has every right to be sitting at the left turn lane, waiting for the left turn signal, then take off slowly when the light turns green, holding up traffic behind. Now, would you rather the cyclist do that? Especially if you are 5-6 cars back and might not make the light. Or... would you rather the cyclist be considerate, and pull out - when there is absolutely no cross traffic - with the light still red?
Old 06-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #36
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEITH HUBBARD View Post
Dang man , that's just wrong. lol
Confucious say: "He who spews diesel smoke onto others shall suffer a slow death by emphysema."
Old 06-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #37
Joshua42007

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
06' GSX-R 1000

That gets on my pet peeves too, all the time.
Joshua42007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #38
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Quote:
Legally, a bicycle has the right to the full width of the lane, just like any other road vehicle. Most cyclists stay to the side of the road for the convenience of other road users, NOT because they have to.
I am all for them using the full lane. But when they get to a red light during 5:00 rush hour traffic I bet they go to the side, and get to the front. Then once the light turns green they hold everybody up.

I do like riding my bicycle, and I am all for sharing the road. I guess I just don't get the asshats all geared up in spandex doing the tour de france in rush hour traffic. There are plenty of great places to ride that are safer for yourself and more enjoyable.

The city use to require you to register your bike, and it was a small fee. It is no longer required. It would help when they found stolen bikes.

Whats the big deal of having to register your bike if you plan on riding on public roadways? I dont think anyones 4-10 year old is riding out on major roadways.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #39
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN600 View Post
I am all for them using the full lane. But when they get to a red light during 5:00 rush hour traffic I bet they go to the side, and get to the front. Then once the light turns green they hold everybody up.

I do like riding my bicycle, and I am all for sharing the road. I guess I just don't get the asshats all geared up in spandex doing the tour de france in rush hour traffic. There are plenty of great places to ride that are safer for yourself and more enjoyable.

The city use to require you to register your bike, and it was a small fee. It is no longer required. It would help when they found stolen bikes.

Whats the big deal of having to register your bike if you plan on riding on public roadways? I dont think anyones 4-10 year old is riding out on major roadways.
That I gotta agree with. There are always those who are OUT TO BE SEEN rather than (or maybe in addition) to exercise. I see the occasional guy or gal out jogging at rush hours on busy main roads. My wife and I really question the motives of these people putting themselves in harms way, when there are perfectly safe neighborhood streets. They are always dressed for the occasion too. We never saw couples doing that. I guess they don't need to attract attention, so they run in the safety of their own subdivision.

Like the general population, there are always gonna be a$$holes on every kind of vehicle. I personally do my best to abide by the rules and conventions of the type of wheels I roll on. Then I force myself to practice of Zen of Driving and try to be at peace amongst the madness on the road.

In a town like Houston, I tell you, it is d@mn hard to do the Zen thing.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #40
coreyTLS

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
1998 Suzuki TL1000s
2000 Suzuki DR-Z400
1996 Kawasaki KX60
1980 honda CB900c bobber

i should be able to ride my suzuki on their sidewalks during hot rush hour traffic. even trade

Advertisement