Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

motogp catalunya spoiler

qualifying

1. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda (RC213V) 1m 41.295s
2. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing (YZR-M1) 1m 41.441s
3. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech3 (YZR-M1) 1m 41.548s
4. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing (YZR-M1) 1m 41.552s
5. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda (RC213V) 1m 41.656s
6. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Monster Yamaha Tech3 (YZR-M1) 1m 41.687s
7. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Team (GP12) 1m 42.029s
8. Stefan Bradl GER LCR Honda MotoGP (RC213V) 1m 42.065s
9. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Team (GP12) 1m 42.175s
10. Alvaro Bautista ESP San Carlo Honda Gresini (RC213V) 1m 42.356s
11. Hector Barbera ESP Pramac Racing (GP12) 1m 42.375s
12. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing (GP12) 1m 43.266s
13. Randy De Puniet FRA Power Electronics Aspar (ART CRT) 1m 43.500s
14. Colin Edwards USA NGM Forward Racing (Suter-BMW CRT) 1m 44.024s
15. Aleix Espargaro ESP Power Electronics Aspar (ART CRT) 1m 44.041s
16. Michele Pirro ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini (FTR-Honda CRT) 1m 44.356s
17. James Ellison GBR Paul Bird Motorsport (ART CRT) 1m 44.763s
18. Mattia Pasini ITA Speed Master (ART CRT) 1m 44.764s
19. Yonny Hernandez COL Avintia Blusens (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 1m 44.833s
20. Danilo Petrucci ITA Came IodaRacing (Ioda-Aprilia CRT) 1m 45.730s
21. Ivan Silva ESP Avintia Blusens (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 1m 45.962s

another front row for cal

better for spies but he has to deliver on it

race should be a cracker

my prediction
lorenzo
stoner
crutchlow

weather could go either way tomorrow,
if its wet
rossi
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Catalunya MotoGP SPOILER Grinchy Taking it to the Track 9 06-06-2011 04:45 PM
Catalunya GP Qualifer *SPOILER* Buck Beasley Taking it to the Track 32 06-11-2007 08:40 AM
Catalunya MotoGP - SPOILER WARNING!! ArturoC Taking it to the Track 43 06-19-2006 03:26 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2012, 11:25 PM   #2
kenup283

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

It was great first couple laps. Spies came out on fire... and even after getting down he still came in just over 30 sec back at the finish. Showed good pace coming back through traffic considering he'd been on his backside for some of that.

I am getting a little tirred of listening to the BBC comentators continue to talk up Crutchlow though...seems that they'd love nothing more for him to get Ben's ride next year. I thought Dovi came through huge and to break Stoner's podium run on the Honda must make him feel pretty good considering, but barely got him a mention.

Moto2 was a craker for sure...its almost a crime to brodcast these with comercials anymore. Anyone care to bring in the link to kick off this weeks edition of the M.Marquez show. Right or wrong to begin with, somehow the post race penalty from race direction was overturned.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #3
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

what site can I watch the races? I missed them yesterday.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
dontbap()ssy

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
04 R6 (sold)
04 R1 (donated to the track gods)
08 MV Agusta F4 312R (sold)
10 duc 1198

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenup283 View Post
It was great first couple laps. Spies came out on fire... and even after getting down

I am getting a little tirred of listening to the BBC comentators continue to talk up Crutchlow though...seems that they'd love nothing more for him to get Ben's ride next year.

Moto2 was a craker for sure...its almost a crime to brodcast these with comercials anymore. Anyone care to bring in the link to kick off this weeks edition of the M.Marquez show. Right or wrong to begin with, somehow the post race penalty from race direction was overturned.
Spies better pull his together considering crutchlow and dovi are hunting for his ride and I really thought M.Marquez would have been penalized after that awsome save . He was out of the race line , got passed and came back in taking out Pol Espargaró
dontbap()ssy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
dontbap()ssy

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
04 R6 (sold)
04 R1 (donated to the track gods)
08 MV Agusta F4 312R (sold)
10 duc 1198

Official FIM press release

Gran Premi Aperol de Catalunya: decision of the Race Direction and FIM Stewards

On Sunday 03 June during the Moto2 Race, rider Marc MARQUEZ (SPA) rode in an irresponsible manner causing danger to rider Pol ESPARGARO (SPA) which is an infringement of the article 1.21.2 of the 2012 FIM Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix Regulations.

The Race Direction decided to impose on the rider a time penalty of 1 minute to be added on his race time.

An appeal has been lodged with the FIM Stewards.

The FIM Stewards did not confirm the decision of the Race Direction and cancelled the penalty.

An appeal may now be lodged with the FIM CDI.

Official press release from Honda Racing (official Moto2 engine provider) states:

Marquez reinstated after Catalan GP appeal

Marc Márquez (Team CatalunyaCaixa Repsol-Suter) has been returned to third place in today's Catalan Grand Prix Moto2 race following an appeal by his team. The Spaniard had been given a one-minute penalty by Race Direction for his part in a collision with Pol Espargaro (Pons 40 HP Tuenti-Kalex) in the final stages of the 23 lap event. But the FIM stewards did not confirm the decision of the Race Direction and cancelled the penalty. This latest decision demotes Esteve Rabat (Pons 40 HP Tuenti Kalex) to fourth place.

Marc Márquez

"The race was so hard and difficult, especially because Andrea was so strong. I followed him I thought maybe I could pass in the last laps. But he was too strong. During the final laps I felt comfortable behind Andrea, but then I made a small mistake and nearly crashed. Then I had a collision with Pol. I want to say sorry to him but I didn't know he was right behind me. These 16 points are important for the championship because you cannot win every race and especially because this was a hard weekend after we had a little confusion with bike settings on Friday."
dontbap()ssy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #6
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenup283 View Post
It was great first couple laps. Spies came out on fire... and even after getting down he still came in just over 30 sec back at the finish. Showed good pace coming back through traffic considering he'd been on his backside for some of that.

I am getting a little tirred of listening to the BBC comentators continue to talk up Crutchlow though...seems that they'd love nothing more for him to get Ben's ride next year. I thought Dovi came through huge and to break Stoner's podium run on the Honda must make him feel pretty good considering, but barely got him a mention.

said it before and i'll say it again, imo the dirtiest rider in world championship racing ..........................
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement