MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Cruisers Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2012, 01:43 AM   #1
Pappahymen

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
1998 Honda Shadow Aero 1100

Smile Had my first roadside issue tonight

I just got back after being gone for about 2 1/2 months, and decided I was going to go riding. I wanted to build up my confidence at highway speeds so I went out toward Willowbrook Mall. As I was going over the hill on 249 North under the Beltway 8 overpass my bike just started to lose power and wouldn’t give me anything. I pulled over and my bike died right there. I was as you might imagine quite perplexed as to why this was happening. Then I remembered I had been with the petcock earlier. I checked it and yep that turned out to be in the off position. I tried to start my bike, and guess what my battery is and as I tried to start it my battery died. So this was the moment that I decided that I was boned. I called my insurance agent and arranged for some roadside assistance. As I was waiting a very nice police officer on a motorcycle showed up and in the nicest way suggested I get that piece of off the road. My roadside assistance showed up and gave me a jump start and I was off like a herd of turtles. I ended up deciding to go straight home instead of practicing like I had planned, but I definitely learned something tonight. I will not be missing that petcock during any more pre-ride inspections.
Pappahymen is offline   Reply With Quote