MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #1
z0sum

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Removing Snorkel

Hey guys, I've been looking into removing the snorkel on my 08 250R. I've been looking around and it seems some people say that you can just take it out and enjoy the benefits while others say that you have to readjust the needles in the carbs for it to be useful at all.

I will probably end up rejetting the carbs next oil change, but until then, I really don't want to take my bike apart that much and do that much too it. So what do you guys think, can I take the snorkel off without the fear of hurting my bike until I shim/rejet my carbs? I understand the gains maybe extremely minimal, but I just want to make sure I'm, at least, not harming the bike.
z0sum is offline   Reply With Quote