MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2007, 12:32 PM   #41
issanni
assfault

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Send a message via MSN to issanni Send a message via Yahoo to issanni
interesting.....cute bike. Is it a 4stroke or a 2stroke? I assume 4stroke as most of the chinese bikes are....
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2007, 12:34 PM   #42
paniro187

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by issanni
interesting.....cute bike. Is it a 4stroke or a 2stroke? I assume 4stroke as most of the chinese bikes are....
4 stroke is what it has but maybe a 125 cc 2 stroke motor or a 250cc 2 stroke motor replacement???

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 12:36 PM   #43
paniro187

I think everyone should have to start with something like this to learn on for a year.

Old 01-09-2007, 12:37 PM   #44
issanni
assfault

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via MSN to issanni Send a message via Yahoo to issanni
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denee
I actually bought this bike with intention of selling them as something to do. But I first had to buy one first to see if I would want to represent it. If I'm not pleased to some degree, I wouldn't sell them to my friends or "customers".
I was wanting to have parts, mods, available, and specialize in the bike and only this bike! Just want to be involved in bikes somehow! I don't think it's worth anymore than what I paid for it; it's the shipping that bites!

I've been kind of busy working at my brothers coin operated car wash in N houston(at west rd and airline) while he's gone to Cambodia on church work. So when I've gotten home, I've been a little tired to work on the bike! lol

I guess I had sounded kind of sarcastic about the bike as I ran into some minor problems that kind of me off for something being new! Stupid stuff: main gas line had a cut in it, float bowl drain screw was hanging by a thread leaking, shifter was bent, exhaust too close to plastic faring warping it, eletrical problem(my fault), rear seat release cable messed up, and a couple others. Nothing major by any means so far. I'm sure that with each bike, comes its own issues! However, I'm still having a little fun doing something, problem solving has its own privelges/rewards of accomplishment. I'll try to finish up on it this afternoon and give it a good test run, and write later this evening. Have a great day EVERYONE!
The trick to selling something like this is to get hooked up with a distributor in China and buy a shipping container full of them all at once. Big investment but if you're going to sell them that's the way to go, then you can have a handfull of them to use as parts bikes too for the one's you sell.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:38 PM   #45
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
you can buy those over on harwin. they sell for 700-1300 depending on where you go and how much you haggle. they're made by the same companies that make the chinese pocketbikes....and if you've owned one of those i'm sure you weren't impressed with the quality...i'd be scared to be on a road legal bike made by the same people.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 12:43 PM   #46
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent
you can buy those over on harwin. they sell for 700-1300 depending on where you go and how much you haggle. they're made by the same companies that make the chinese pocketbikes....and if you've owned one of those i'm sure you weren't impressed with the quality...i'd be scared to be on a road legal bike made by the same people.
that's why you double check thier work. the roketa i got from paul has very good quality. though when i got it he let some stuff fall by the wayside. grease swingarm bolt and other pivoting points nad etc. wheelies like ther'e no tomorrow. fork oil should be changed when you get it. oil should be chnaged and etc.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:08 PM   #47
paniro187

tell us what you get out of it. I might buy one bore it out a little and ride it back and forth to work. (40 mile round trip) save on gas tha'ts for sure.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:47 PM   #48
Denee
Leather n lace

Bike(s):
TL1000r(race), '06 GSXR600

Send a message via AIM to Denee
Denee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:55 PM   #49
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

does any of your paperwork give a horsepower rating? i would guesstimate it to be in the 7-12 horse range? what's the compression? if you can get a reading off of the engine cases i would like to know the manufacturer of the motor. (loncin, jailing, GPX, etc.) some of these chinese motors can be taken from mild to WILD with just a few hundred in off the shelf parts. Thanks for looking
Old 01-09-2007, 08:57 PM   #50
Denee
Leather n lace

Bike(s):

I'll look tomorrow evening just for you! If you go to www.badazztoyz.com, they offer a cc upgrade to 140cc(I think), carb, oil cooler, and some other stuff. I'll probably just leave it alone for now, the bug will get me soon enough! lol
Old 01-09-2007, 10:48 PM   #51
level5
moving chicane

I see a kick start, does it have electric start too?
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:13 PM   #52
Denee
Leather n lace

Bike(s):

yes, it has an electric starter. I have kick started it, and it works well. The turn signals have a beeper while it's blinking(kind of annoying), but have never heard of that on a bike. I'm finally starting to get a little excited about it!
Old 01-09-2007, 11:18 PM   #53
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50

random question but what is that little garage door in your garage for?

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:34 PM   #54
level5
moving chicane

Is that a house garage?????? big house garage if it is. Look at the air hose reel and hanging drop light and tools and space. ..... life must be good to you.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:40 PM   #55
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
Is that a house garage?????? big house garage if it is. Look at the air hose reel and hanging drop light and tools and space. ..... life must be good to you.
haha yeah thats what im saying. it looks like a little warehouse

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:01 AM   #56
paniro187

the bug doesn't have to bite to hard considering the highcompression piston and aluminum cylinder upgrade sells for 168 bucks

couple that with oil cooler and other bits and pieces and you're doing good. can't wait to get mine.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:02 AM   #57
paniro187

the mirrors though would have to go caus ehtey look like a after thought. that elictric starter would have to go to cause tha'ts just something else that little motor has to turn.

Old 01-10-2007, 08:30 AM   #58
Denee
Leather n lace

Bike(s):

Thanks for noticing! I spend more time in my garage than in my house. The little garage door was not a good idea, at the time seemed like a good idea. When I married my man 3 years ago, his garage was unfinished(no sheetrock, ceiling, the back part you see was a greenhouse(there used to not be a door back there). Now it's exactly the way I want it, ready to work on just about anything I can! I used to keep my bikes in the little garage part and would close the door so bypassers wouldnt' see them, didn't last. Now the back part if filled with my husbands boxes of "stuff", he told me,I'll get to them and clear it out! that was months ago! I love him, but he's a procrastinator mucho
Actually, the mirrors a funny/ugly as they are, kind of grow on you(me anyway). They'll stay, unless something else comes about.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:39 AM   #59
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
denee has a mans garage, she has lots of tools and everything you would need to work on something in that thing, even has A/C unit. Denee is the woMAN.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:10 AM   #60
Denee
Leather n lace

Bike(s):

I needed a good chuckle/smile this morning!! I wish my husband could show enthusisam like you guys/gals! Muchos Gracias!!

Advertisement