Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
ciao_strada

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
CBR600F4i '04

bikers in São Paulo

Ok so Ive seen some crazy motorcyclists in Rio, riding with slippers, shorts and lanesplitting - talking about old 125 cc delivery bikes - but here in São Paulo, its organized madness. Yes, they all wear helmets, and cover up all the way in some kind of gear, but EVERYONE friking lanesplits. Everyone. It doesnt matter if its night or day, rain or shine. 90% of their time riding is spent on stripes.
From my 17th floor hotel room, I hear this constant "beep, beep, beep..." during the evening. Can you guess? Its their constant horn as they skip through rush hour traffic.

Oh, and the women down here Having lived most of my life away from my home country, and visiting just a few times, I always disliked it when Americans went on with the stereotype about brazilian women being hot. Maybe a stereotype, but Ive never seen such a high concentration of women with fine in my whole life anywhere else in the world, but here in SP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3r40...ature=youtu.be
ciao_strada is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It's all the "FOREIGN BIKERS" that make us US bikers look bad Track_Graphics General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 05-07-2014 08:39 AM
If you could tell non-bikers... ormand General Discussion (Moto Related) 29 12-07-2007 03:16 AM
all bikers 2KBUSA General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 04-20-2006 08:47 AM
U OF H BIKERS rick Off Topic 21 03-01-2006 01:57 AM
Thanks to the bikers who... Liqwed General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 10-11-2005 06:40 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
hes

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4; CC; Tamburini; Brutale and F3
2015 BMW GSA 1200
2008 KTM 530 EXC; 2014 Yamaha 450YZF
2008 Ducati Desmosedici
1980 Vespa (my track bike)

Buenos Aires is much much worse.
hes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:38 PM   #3
bluepine

I am from Buenos Aires, and used to ride in the 80's there. If Brasil is a control chaos now, Buens Aires back then was chaos (without control). For instance, riding with helmet on was considered totally un-cool. Stopping at a traffic light was getting ready to race with whoever stops next to you. Even a Fiat 500 would challenge you. There was no such thing as dragging knee back then, but the badge of honor was how many red lights you pass without stopping. And the ultimate challenge was whenever a dark green Ford Falcon was sighted, go chase em and kick it on the driver's side door because only the cops rode green Falcon. during those days, almost everyone rode with the club bars on the bike. True cafe racer era. Remember even seeing bicycles with tiny motors with a clip on type club bars. Lol! Yoshimura pipes were only for rich dudes. Number 2 were Kerker. Everyone else made home-made exhaust pipes with stolen pipes cut off from Peugeot and Fiats.
Much of my bad habits are from those days. And most of them were corrected with organized rides and track days. So, whenever I come across people who complain about our town, believe me, it is a joy to ride here! It is so much safer and organized compared to those days!
Still, I miss those days because I survived it, and was young with full of energy and eager to challenge wathever the world was to offer. Nowadays, even a track day is a challenge because I even fear the body soreness afterworth. But whenever I think of the great times i shard within that chaos, and the sadness of loosing many friends racing on the streets or in the Malvinas war ( some of you guys might know it as the Falkland war as the Brits would call it). I really miss it and wish the clock could go backward to get there one more time. But most importantly, it makes me appreciate what we have now more than ever! You guys are blessed you are here and now. Enjoy it my friends. One day you'll miss it. : )
bluepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
CBR_TRAN
Another Short Asian

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2007 Cbr600rr
1972 cb450 (cafe under construction)
2008 Kawasaki 250r (sold)

Similar thing in Vietnam. The use the horns over there to signal that they are close to you, not to say f* you. Literally zero space between the scooters and bikes. Imagine how scared I was in the seat of a Taxi and the driver is inches away from hitting motorists on all sides. It's a free for all!
Old 05-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #5
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

thats why i love america
Neon Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #6
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I was hoping the video was more and less bikes
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #7
jbird710

Bike(s):
2002 Honda CR500R AF
2006 Honda XR650R
2006 Honda XR650L
2001 Harley FLHTCUI
2001 Honda XR400R

Member Garage

I was in Sao Paulo in 2005 and it was the same then. I was never so happy to have some driving me in all my life. He told me that if someone in a car hits a motorcycle, the motorcyclist will break off the car's side view mirror or a bunch of motorcyclist would jump the guy in the car. Saw one guy pull an amazing move where a car stopped in front of him and he was looking off in another direction. I knew he was about to hit the back of the car. He looked around, saw the stopped car, stomped his brake while dabbing a foot, picked the bike up, changed directions, and missed the car by inches. Watching those guys was some of the best entertainment.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #8
hes

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4; CC; Tamburini; Brutale and F3
2015 BMW GSA 1200
2008 KTM 530 EXC; 2014 Yamaha 450YZF
2008 Ducati Desmosedici
1980 Vespa (my track bike)

I am from Argentina as well (La Plata) and used to ride a 1999 Kawa ZX6. Only thing I would wear was a helmet. I have even done flip flops. Now I dont even go for a ride around my block without full gear.

Bluepine, the only different from then and now is that now you dont stop at a red light to avoid being kidnapped. Sad but true

Still love Bs As ... lucky me I get to go 6-7 times a year.
hes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #9
ciao_strada

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
CBR600F4i '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
I was hoping the video was more and less bikes
I might go on a recon mission and shoot some video ... I might need a record b/c the first week I was in a state of disbelief
ciao_strada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:06 AM   #10
slowposer
pose slower

Bike(s):
bikeless :(

video fail...scooters and no brazillian behind
slowposer is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement