MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2007, 12:23 AM   #41
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

http://www.hcso.hctx.net/newsDetails.asp?grp=tra&id=10
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Benefit for fallen rider Chuckster General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 05-23-2012 09:13 PM
Another fallen harley rider Tiller General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 04-30-2012 04:43 PM
Fallen Rider Thread Mr.D General Discussion (Moto Related) 35 03-24-2011 05:12 PM
Donations needed for a Fallen Rider and a Fallen Officer. PoPoRiderRR General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 09-23-2010 11:13 AM
Another Fallen Rider RGHNCKTXN General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 05-11-2007 03:14 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2007, 12:28 AM   #42
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

"ON JANUARY 1, 2007 AT APPROXIMATELY 1:10 P.M., THE COMPLAINANT WAS TRAVELING EAST BOUND IN THE 22700 BLOCK OF FRANZ ROAD IN WEST HARRIS COUNTY, TEXAS. THE COMPLAINANT WAS OPERATING A RED 2006 HONDA CBR600 MOTORCYCLE AND WAS RACING WITH THE DEFENDANT WHO WAS DRIVING A WHITE CADILLAC. THE COMPLAINANT CHANGED LANES AT A HIGH RATE OF SPEED AND LOST CONTROL OF THE MOTORCYCLE, CAUSING THE MOTORCYCLE TO STRIKE THE CONCRETE CURB OF THE CENTER MEDIAN. THE MOTORCYCLE BECAME AIRBORNE, EJECTING THE COMPLAINANT. THE COMPLAINANT SUSTAINED LIFE THREATENING INJURIES AND DIED AT THE SCENE. THE SUSPECT WAS ARRESTED AT THE SCENE AND TAKEN TO THE HARRIS COUNTY JAIL. "

eh...airborne bikes don't make for great projects...RIP CBR600
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:56 AM   #43
Poptarts
Ducking and Weaving

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R

about the whole age thing. i agree that inexperience knows no age limit.

i bought my first bike at 18 which was a 2006 GSXR 600. I took the basic rider course and enjoyed the time i spent on it. A month after starting ride, i got into a similar situation on 610. I was riding wit a group, hit a curb where it meets 45 on the north side, got flung from the bike and hit the ground on my head sliding and rolling across 610 at approx 80 mph. Obviously im still here to talk about and somehow only walked away with some roadrash on my knee and a gash in my back that took 9 stitches. after spending over a month without my bike i realized alot and became a safer rider because i humbled myself and thanked that i was still here to live another day.

Back in the beginning of november i ended up selling the bike and got a Honda Fit (the cheapest, slowest, most efficient, honda apart from the hybrids). In the future i do plan on buying another bike and once again with my own money.
Poptarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:02 AM   #44
BrutusTx

Member Garage

How does that saying go......"the difference between men and boy's are the price of their toy's"? Everybody feels invincible.......for awhile:eh:
Old 01-07-2007, 01:11 PM   #45
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575
That site also has another fatality the same day. http://www.hcso.hctx.net/newsDetails.asp?id=9&grp=tra

RIP to both.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:47 PM   #46
projektsol
flickr:rtranphotography

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
05' 600RR

Send a message via AIM to projektsol
17, talk about unexperienced.
projektsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:49 PM   #47
Vandals
Scooter

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha r1
1981 Honda Trail 110 -"The Tank"

Quote:
Originally Posted by projektsol
17, talk about unexperienced.
Vandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:54 PM   #48
Htown1000
Bleed the Block

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Red and Black Gixxer 1000

RIP.. Too young to have that ride and die.. and like other posters said it wouldnt be a race between me and i cadillac if im on two wheels..

I feel sorry for his friends and family.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:08 PM   #49
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandals
Vandals, you still don't get it. I, like you, began at a very early age. By the time I was your age, I had already been racing pro for 8 years. , at 16 I was a MSF instructor in the state of Georgia. Already had gone through a couple of street bikes by 16, and had 10's of thousands of street miles. BUT, I was still just a kid. Like it or not, you are too! You have to deal with something that we adults (and I use that term loosely) don't have to, and that's peer pressure from other kids, just like yourself, who don't have the knowledge that I assume you say you do. Teenagers like yourself, will succumb to that in almost every situation. Like it or not, it will happen. The difference is not years of riding, or miles on a bike, but mentality my friend. the collective WE have already been there, and survived. It is our job to influence you, the young and inexperienced, on how to not do what we did. Even as a teenager, with more crashes and dozens of broken bones and fractures, I was still invincible because I could get back on my bike and do it again.

HEAR ME WHEN I TELL YOU THIS........

FOR TEENS, FOREVER IS ONLY TOMORROW.
For adults, forever is a confrontation with our own mortality. We have lived into our twenties, and thirties, and some, like Clyde, into our fifties. We have been there, and know that it hurts much worse at our ages. Bones don't heal as quick, and mom and dad aren't around to pay our bills and wipe our butts either.

It is your responsibilty, to listen to us, the collectve WE, that will give you the knowledge, and tools, to make it to our ages and beyond.

Ther are bold riders, and there are old riders, but there are not any bold, old riders

Last edited by FastLine; 01-07-2007 at 11:11 PM.
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:11 PM   #50
ikp460.
WHO DO VOODOO WE DO...?

Bike(s):
pHiDDy

Send a message via AIM to ikp460. Send a message via MSN to ikp460.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Los
wasn't this ipk40's friend?
NO THIS IS ANOTHER GUY
ikp460. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:15 PM   #51
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki
Vandals, you still don't get it. I, like you, began at a very early age. By the time I was your age, I had already been racing pro for 8 years. , at 16 I was a MSF instructor in the state of Georgia. Already had gone through a couple of street bikes by 16, and had 10's of thousands of street miles. BUT, I was still just a kid. Like it or not, you are too! You have to deal with something that we adults (and I use that term loosely) don't have to, and that's peer pressure from other kids, just like yourself, who don't have the knowledge that I assume you say you do. Teenagers like yourself, will succumb to that in almost every situation. Like it or not, it will happen. The difference is not years of riding, or miles on a bike, but mentality my friend. the collective WE have already been there, and survived. It is our job to influence you, the young and inexperienced, on how to not do what we did. Even as a teenager, with more crashes and dozens of broken bones and fractures, I was still invincible because I could get back on my bike and do it again.

For adults, forever is a confrontation with our own mortality. We have lived into our twenties, and thirties, and some, like Clyde, into our fifties. We have been there, and know that it hurts much worse at our ages. Bones don't heal as quick, and mom and dad aren't around to pay our bills and wipe our butts either.

It is your responsibilty, to listen to us, the collectve WE, that will give you the knowledge, and tools, to make it to our ages and beyond.

Ther are bold riders, and there are old riders, but there are not any bold, old riders

Well said.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:19 PM   #52
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

***que Elvis voice*** thank you, thank you very much
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:08 AM   #53
Poptarts
Ducking and Weaving

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R

to add on the story from what i heard today. theres a few variations, but this is the story i got from one of his good friends

it was a cadillac XLR-V, at the end of the race the rider did a wheelie at about 120mph, the back wheel started wiggling and he lost control of teh bike. it struck a curb which launched him into a tree that decaptiated him as well as taking off one of his arms. he was wearing full gear, but obviously that wont save you from having your head taken off. his service was a a few days ago and was cremated for obvious reasons.

once again RIP
Old 01-08-2007, 12:33 AM   #54
boxeranders
DaveR1

Bike(s):
2001 Yamaha R1

He was trying to out distance the Cadillac and struck the center median curb edge. He and his bike were ejected into the air. He stuck a small tree in the center median and was decapitated. The bike went another 100 yards striking two westbound vehicles. He was obviously killed on impact. The charges for Intox Manslughter will not stick!!! The racing will with an enhancement due to a result of death. The driver of the Cadillac was under the influence of a drug/drugs!!! He admitted to racing the bike rider. You kinda get the idea of what my line of work is now! My prayers to the family and friends!!!
boxeranders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:49 AM   #55
boxeranders
DaveR1

Bike(s):
2001 Yamaha R1

They did accept charges for intox. manslughter but the elements of Inotx. Manslaughter do not apply here. He knows that! This is the same D.A that took charges against a bus driver for accidently running over a kid that ran in front of a bus and killed the kid. He tired to charge the bus driver for Criminal Neg Homicide. Wasted the tax payers dollars cause the case was eventually dropped. Its just the way this CAT operates. He does it all the time!
Old 01-08-2007, 01:00 AM   #56
boxeranders
DaveR1

Bike(s):
2001 Yamaha R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet
The guy was intoxicated and driving on a public roadway. We will see if the powers to be agree if he killed the rider by accident or mistake.
Unless his intoxication directly resulted in the death of a person! No! Direct means his actions caused it. The witness made it clear that the bike rider was driving recklessly and pulled a wheelie after passing the car. He lost it and hit the curb.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:07 AM   #57
boxeranders
DaveR1

Bike(s):
2001 Yamaha R1

You probably won't see it in any article of news. I was there when the news release was being typed by the investigating officer. We don't type anythong more than a quick synopsis of the event. Only because the case remains under investigation.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:57 AM   #58
Poptarts
Ducking and Weaving

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxeranders
You probably won't see it in any article of news. I was there when the news release was being typed by the investigating officer. We don't type anythong more than a quick synopsis of the event. Only because the case remains under investigation.
i posted that he was doing a wheelie just a few posts up and this just confirms that the story i heard from his friend was true. thank you (im not being sarcastic, i really do appreciate it)

for anyone who might say well he was inexperienced rider, apparently he has been riding dirt bikes competetively for many years now and this is like his second or 3rd actual street bike.

that still doesn't make up for stupidity of racing on a 4 lane road that is not smooth, has curves, and is a public street. in all honesty what would have really made this a horrifying incident is if the either of the two vehicles that the bike struck after being airborne had children in them. it sucks for the rider to lose his life, but if innocent people had been injured or killed also, then im sure this story would have recieved more media attention than it did and caused more side effects and bad publicity for the rider comunity
Old 01-08-2007, 08:30 AM   #59
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki

:laughing6 .................................................. ....................
Old 01-08-2007, 08:37 AM   #60
boxeranders
DaveR1

Bike(s):
2001 Yamaha R1

No! Your not being sarcastic! I agree with you. I'm sure he had some experience in riding it was just bad judgement/decision on his part. Sad! He lost his life over it. I know we don't advertise loudly on the radio in Harris County when we have a fatality like this. We know the media is monitoring the main radio and will be there in a flash. They turn out to be more of a problem when they show up. Its kind of a double edge sword though! I would like to see it go out on the air to try and influence other riders to be careful, but I would hate to be a friend or family member watching the news and my son's bike and body was shown on the news before I was notified. Horrifying thought. It happened to me on Memorial Day 2006 with a young kid on a ATV that was killed.

Advertisement