MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2012, 12:15 AM   #1
venmichaels

Feedback Rating: (0)

question about moto jacket and armor

So I was browsing cycle gear today and was wondering if anyone has ever bought the full body armor for motoX (The ones with full chest,back, forearm, etc etc.) These seem to really protect your body..

Is it a good Idea to buy these armors and wear a jacket over it..maybe a cheap mesh textile jacket.. Would this be a good option? I want all the benefits of the motoX armor.

Im a small guy and every single jacket i try on the built in armor moves around and doesnt stay put. I guess Im just too skinny
venmichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Armor jacker under textile jacket/leather suit? hotcknstrips Safety Corner Main 15 06-05-2012 12:29 PM
moto jacket repair referral? cbrwayne General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 05-25-2012 08:17 AM
moto title and registration question Alpinestars102 General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 06-21-2011 09:55 AM
I Have a Moto Gp Question!! Nightster Ridester General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 04-27-2008 06:31 PM
Jacket Question Nupe2L General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 12-10-2005 04:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-25-2012, 12:20 AM   #2
cuong-nutz
Resident 250 guru

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Ninjer 250

Icon and Alpinestars as well as other major brands do carry the body armor suit. Some people wear the armor and just remove the built in armor from the Jacket. Are you sure you are sizing yourself right? The guys at Motorcycles Unlimited can fit you up properly.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:50 AM   #3
whomikedao
Physicist

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'09 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(sold)
'05 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636(sold)
Honda Rebel 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuong-nutz View Post
Icon and Alpinestars as well as other major brands do carry the body armor suit. Some people wear the armor and just remove the built in armor from the Jacket. Are you sure you are sizing yourself right? The guys at Motorcycles Unlimited can fit you up properly.
+1

Alpinestars can run small or most of the European brands do too. What is your chest size and height?
whomikedao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:27 AM   #4
cuong-nutz
Resident 250 guru

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
Ninjer 250

Ride Smart Taichi and Dainese tend to run on the slimmer side. My experience is that Alpinestars run on the large (normal) side so you would probably bump down a size or two.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:43 AM   #5
veraiconica

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 500r (sold)
2012 Ninja 1000 abs

Member Garage

I have found the fit can vary greatly between different products that are the same brand mostly because their cheaper products are outsourced to places like Vietnam and Pakistan. You have to try stuff on to find a good fit but good luck finding a wide variety at any of the local brick and mortar shops. What I usually do is go to revzilla.com and read the comments and watch the videos.

I am currantly using this http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-airwave-jacket and I really like it.....there are adjustable straps at the waist, neck, bicep and wrist so you can tweak the fit.

As for moto x gear it just seems like a big hassle to put on every time and I would most likely be lazy and leave it in the closet.
veraiconica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #6
chevy42083

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered

Seems like a hassle, but yes, it'll protect better. Much less likely to move around in an accident.

I might do it for weekend rides, but rides to meets, work, school... just seems like a hassle.

As for sizing... scorpion's xs is the smallest of the cheap brands that I've found. Not sure if I've found an AStar that comes in XS. Dianese has smaller sizes, just don't have the cash for it. They do feel sooooo nice though.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:54 AM   #7
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomikedao View Post
+1

What is your chest size and height?
Does this have anything to do with your i wish i was gay thread?

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement